Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
FORD BUILDS 150,000TH MUSTANG MACH-E; AVAILABLE IN 37 COUNTRIES FOR 2023 WITH PLANS TO ADD MORE SOON

NOV 30, 2022 | DEARBORN

• Ford has built its 150,000th Mustang® Mach-E® and is now offering the vehicle in 37 countries worldwide with plans to add more markets next year
  • The company is accelerating Mustang Mach-E production and targeting global annual production rate of 270,000 as part of its plan to scale to a rate of 600,000 electric vehicles annually by the end of 2023 and 2 million by 2026
  • More than 8 in 10 Mustang Mach-E customers in the U.S. and 9 in 10 Mach-E customers in Europe have replaced an internal combustion vehicle with Mustang Mach-E
  • Ford is the No. 2-selling electric vehicle brand in the U.S. thanks to strong demand for Mustang Mach-E, which is turning on dealer lots in just 10 days

DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 30, 2022 – Ford has produced its 150,000th Mustang Mach-E since starting production nearly two years ago, a significant milestone as the company scales EV production to a rate of 600,000 annually by late 2023 and more than 2 million annually by 2026.

Almost all of Mustang Mach-E’s growth to date is coming from customers replacing an internal combustion vehicle with electric – more than 8 in 10 U.S. customers and 9 in 10 European customers – proving that Ford is creating electric vehicles that meet broad customer needs.

“When we put the pony on this Mustang, we knew we’d have skeptics. What we didn’t quite know then was just how popular this car would become,” said Darren Palmer, vice president, Electric Vehicle Programs, Ford Model e. “I love seeing Mustang Mach-E vehicles on the road and talking to customers, and I am seeing more and more of them.”

The Mustang Mach-E is available in 37 countries across the world for 2023, up from 22 in the vehicle’s first year. New Zealand, Brazil and Argentina are among the latest markets added to the Mustang Mach-E stable. Global growth comes as Ford upgrades Cuautitlán Stamping and Assembly Plant – which built the 150,000th vehicle – to support even more customers.

Ford Mustang Mach-E The 150,000th Mach-E Has Been Built! Now Available in 37 Countries Mustang%20Mach-E%20Global

“The plant is buzzing,” said Deborah Manzano, Ford’s director of manufacturing. “There’s a new battery line, new chassis line, additional assembly line, we’re literally maxing out the space to make more Mustang Mach-E vehicles. We most recently added a new paint shop, too. Nothing is standing still for long!”

The Mustang Mach-E continues to prove its popularity winning awards and accolades including the 2021 North American Utility of the Year, Edmunds’ Top-Rated Luxury Electric Vehicle and several more.

Ford Mustang Mach-E The 150,000th Mach-E Has Been Built! Now Available in 37 Countries Mach-E 150K

Ford Mustang Mach-E The 150,000th Mach-E Has Been Built! Now Available in 37 Countries Mach-E outside

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
FORD BUILDS 150,000TH MUSTANG MACH-E; AVAILABLE IN 37 COUNTRIES FOR 2023 WITH PLANS TO ADD MORE SOON

NOV 30, 2022 | DEARBORN

• Ford has built its 150,000th Mustang® Mach-E® and is now offering the vehicle in 37 countries worldwide with plans to add more markets next year
  • The company is accelerating Mustang Mach-E production and targeting global annual production rate of 270,000 as part of its plan to scale to a rate of 600,000 electric vehicles annually by the end of 2023 and 2 million by 2026
  • More than 8 in 10 Mustang Mach-E customers in the U.S. and 9 in 10 Mach-E customers in Europe have replaced an internal combustion vehicle with Mustang Mach-E
  • Ford is the No. 2-selling electric vehicle brand in the U.S. thanks to strong demand for Mustang Mach-E, which is turning on dealer lots in just 10 days

DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 30, 2022 – Ford has produced its 150,000th Mustang Mach-E since starting production nearly two years ago, a significant milestone as the company scales EV production to a rate of 600,000 annually by late 2023 and more than 2 million annually by 2026.

Almost all of Mustang Mach-E’s growth to date is coming from customers replacing an internal combustion vehicle with electric – more than 8 in 10 U.S. customers and 9 in 10 European customers – proving that Ford is creating electric vehicles that meet broad customer needs.

“When we put the pony on this Mustang, we knew we’d have skeptics. What we didn’t quite know then was just how popular this car would become,” said Darren Palmer, vice president, Electric Vehicle Programs, Ford Model e. “I love seeing Mustang Mach-E vehicles on the road and talking to customers, and I am seeing more and more of them.”

The Mustang Mach-E is available in 37 countries across the world for 2023, up from 22 in the vehicle’s first year. New Zealand, Brazil and Argentina are among the latest markets added to the Mustang Mach-E stable. Global growth comes as Ford upgrades Cuautitlán Stamping and Assembly Plant – which built the 150,000th vehicle – to support even more customers.

Mustang%20Mach-E%20Global.png

“The plant is buzzing,” said Deborah Manzano, Ford’s director of manufacturing. “There’s a new battery line, new chassis line, additional assembly line, we’re literally maxing out the space to make more Mustang Mach-E vehicles. We most recently added a new paint shop, too. Nothing is standing still for long!”

The Mustang Mach-E continues to prove its popularity winning awards and accolades including the 2021 North American Utility of the Year, Edmunds’ Top-Rated Luxury Electric Vehicle and several more.

Mach-E 150K.jpg

Mach-E outside.jpg
That’s great, now only approximately 1/3 of total production to date has bad HVBJBs. Yippee!

Yeah, I’m salty about ours finally failing.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
That’s great, now only approximately 1/3 of total production to date has bad HVBJBs. Yippee!

Yeah, I’m salty about ours finally failing.
I’m pretty sure it’s much more than 50K produced before June of this year (it’s only been 6 months of production with the revised part). I think closer to 2/3 have bad HVBJBs, including mine. 🤬🐩

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Why? Seems like dealing with it now and not having the impending doom hanging over you is the better option.
Opinions vary I suppose. Yes, it’s good to get it fixed finally. However, we skipped a road trip from Austin to Chicago in July for fear of getting stranded who knows where. Luckily we found a Highlander at Avis for $420 for 9 days, don’t ask me how. Plus, it’s caused my wife worries on her twice weekly 100 mile round trip where highway speeds see 80-90mph for long stretches, while driving in 100F+ heat. If we just puzted around town like many do it would have almost been a non issue.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I’m pretty sure it’s much more than 50K produced before June of this year (it’s only been 6 months of production with the revised part). I think closer to 2/3 have bad HVBJBs, including mine. 🤬🐩
Yep, I was going by the approx. number recalled. Chinese production wasn’t included in NHTSA numbers obviously. Either way, it’s alot. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Jayally

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
Now they need to focus on getting dealership service departments up to speed and making sure parts are quickly and readily available. The consumer reports downgrade is because of all the complaints when people can't get their cars repaired correctly or in a timely manner.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Ford has built its 150,000th Mustang® Mach-E® and is now offering the vehicle in 37 countries worldwide with plans to add more markets next year [emphasis added]
/QUOTE]
I wonder how they're splitting that vehicle into 37 pieces...
🤔

Reactions: UW2

Dave-O

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Odyssey
Occupation
Fuel hauler
Country flag
Have they sorted out the front camera fault yet? My dealer is seemingly clueless. At least they pretend to care

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Chainsaw would be way more fun…
Yeah, but I was remembering the television commercial where they said that Hacksaw cut apart a car with his… hacksaw. 🤪🐩
Sponsored