SnowBunnE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y
Country flag
More like 72 (hrs) but, who’s counting? ??

After months of waiting for my AWD, ER Premium…this past weekend, I had a stroke of luck. After E-Stalking the dealership and PalsApp for months and a false alarm last month, I finally got “The Call”. My premium had arrived!

I woke up early on Saturday morning, determined to be the 1st sale of the day. The dealership and I had already worked out most of the numbers previously so, this was going to be a quick formality…Sign and Drive. I arrived at 8:30 and parked. They didn’t open until 9 so, I had at least 30 minutes to drool over the three MME’s on the lot: An orange GTPE, Space White GT and my Star White Premium. My aptly named SnowBunn-E was literally SPARKLING. However, the Space white…well, based on how the light (Or diffused light…Cloud Cover) hit it, looked light gray one second, light blue the next, and white a moment later. It was intriguing…and I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me…Neverthe less, I was here for my Bunn-E so, *Shrug* maybe I’ll look into the GT next year.

At 8:56, my rep came out to shoot the shit a little, take a drag and let me know that they have a staff meeting and he would be with me momentarily. I asked for the keys to Bunn-E and he let me know that he would open up the car from inside his office. A minute later, I was alone on the lot when the lights flashed on the GT. (Insert Scooby Do “Ruh?!” Here). Not one to pass up an opportunity, I walked over the white GT, opened the door and sat in the Driver seat. The first thing I noticed was the black suede-like interior with the Orange Piping. Slick…dare I say sexy. The drivers chair was comfortable….no, VERY comfortable…I’d need to sit in my Premium to see how the seats compared. (Spoiler Alert, I never did.). After a few minutes fidgeting with the mirrors, lights, touchscreen etc, my rep came out, smiling, and sat in the passenger side…”Ready to take a ride?”
My 1st thought was, “This is someone else’s car.” With 24 miles on the odometer, I know how I would feel if I felt like someone was driving MY Bunn-E before I did. Sensing my trepidation, my rep said “Hey, the guy who we were holding this for, doesn’t want it…He bought an Ipace instead.” (Insert Hallelujah’s from Heaven)…”this means?” I started to which he simply shook his head in the affirmative. I pressed start turned the dial to D and slowly pressed on the gas…my nerves were on edge. The car started a snails crawl…which was somehow shocking to me as it spoke to a level of very slow speed precision that I wasn’t used to. Think a VERY smooth riding Go-Kart. I gingerly accelerated to the exit and prepared to make a right, merging in to the oft times crazy traffic of Route 611.

The traffic was steady and it took appx 15 cars until i could safety merge. When I think of it now, it was perfect because, in my Macan S, I am a very confident driver. Porsche inspires that type of confidence when driving their vehicles. There was a gap in the traffic that I noticed I could merge into if I gave the car a little Oomph. (Mind you, this was in Whisper mode). I added some weight to the pedal and was shocked, delighted and fu*king nervous at how quickly we gained ground to the car in front of me. I.was.sold. Hell, I’m ashamed to admit, I was even contemplating paying up to $5K ADM if I had to in order to drive off the lot with this car today.

We took a side road which was, in true Philly area fashion, littered with uneven roads and a minefield of potholes to dodge. This was another blessing in disguise because I have read all the comments about the ride quality of the non PE MME’s. I was expecting a ride that made me feel like i was in a bouncy house (Those with kids know what I’m talking about). No. The car was compliant, and handled all of the curves and bumps with grace. I don’t have the Air Suspension on my Macan but, the Wife has a Murano so, I AM familiar with a “Cushioned” ride. This was not cushioned but, I wasn’t exiting the car rubbing my tailbone either. It actually felt similar to the Macan in terms of ride quality. NOW WAIT, before you FLAME me, I’m not saying that the Mach E drives like a Porsche…however. If someone told me that the Porsche was the car in which the Mach E’s ride was designed, I wouldn’t call you a liar. It accelerates like a rocket and takes curves at the same speed as my Macan without body roll. It…is..an…impressive ride.

We get back to the dealership…and they decided that since I had an order already ready to go, they would honor my (no ADM) price and sell me the now available GT. The only complaint that I have about this particular version…no BlueCruise/Around the car parking monitor. But hell, am I going to complain about THAT when I have the opportunity to pick up a GT instead of a Premium?…In the words of Stone Cold, “You can bet your Rats ass that I’m not!” The finance manager tried to hit me with a 4.25% rate which I laughed at…we finished just over 2%. Not great but, far from horrible. The car came with 2 FOBs and the dealer confirmed that all updates have been completed. I locked the Macan and started the drive home.

My thoughts after 3 days.
  • The car (even in Whisper Mode) is lightning fast. I have shot off the line multiple times, surprising a Lotus, Hellcat, and Vette so far. That, my friends, is an amazing feeling.
  • The GT is a looker. I’ve gotten people honking to get my attention just to give a thumbs up, I’ve had, in 3 days, no less than 7 people tell me how good the car looks. (The most recent was this evening as I was parking.) On my Bed Bath Beyond run for the Mrs, I caught a guy and his wife pulling up VERY slowly to the car as I was returning with my bags. When I kicked under the trunk to open the tailgate, they looked at me and drove off. I see you lookin’…lol
  • Space white is my new favorite color. It literally changes based on the time of the day and the lighting. I over heard my neighbors arguing whether it was light Gray or Blue. Looks like I wont be using the SnowBunn-E moniker for this one…still thinking of a new name.
  • My driving has not been the best for my range. At 50% charge, I have a 110 miles till empty. It’s hard to resist leaving “faster” cars in my gasoline-less dust. This will improve during the summer but, it’s 12/6, I’m not expecting to reach 270 miles at 100% charge…EVER. Not how I drive.
  • I miss/don’t miss the Growl of starting up the Porsche early in the morning. Silently coming and going is something that I’m sure my neighbors appreciate at 7am. But, there is something to be said about a cold V6 Growling awake early in the morning. I gave the Macan to my mom (the Mrs didn’t want it) so, mom is a happy lady right now.
  • I have only charged the MME once and it went flawlessly…trust me, I’m knocking on all kinds of wood. Details on session in pics below. (Should be 5 stars)
  • My charge point Flex will be installed this week so, I’ll have additional home charging info soon. We have Solar Panels so, I’m really not expecting a large rise in my electric bill.
  • The trunk seems a little smaller than the Porsche. I haven’t check the dimensions so, I could be wrong here.
  • The Frunk will probably be used to hold my car cleaning supplies and charging cables/first aid kit, etc.
  • The light up Pony made the kids on my block oooh and ahhhh tonight.
  • My wife said when I accelerate hard, it makes her feel like she’s in a rollercoaster. (This makes me smile and I will put her ass in a rollercoaster at least once every time we drive in my E Pony from now on…lol)
  • I had my 1st (Wife gets on my nerves moment) when she started fidgeting with the temp control…I explained the range drain with the heat on and…she just looked defiantly at me, then kept fidgeting with it. Not worth the fight.
  • I now have 211 miles on the odometer. Averaging 3.0 Kw (Oh and I LOVE the drive summaries)
  • PPE next week. My guy was booked solid this week (Winter Rush).
  • The Ford app is ok. I’m still waiting for my free miles. No real issues with the interface yet.
  • I have experienced the Apple CarPlay connectivity issues. I just turn the car off and on at the light and that seems to fix the issue. ??
  • More pics and stories to come, thx for reading…I LOVE this community!
    Ford Mustang Mach-E The 1st 48…with my Mach E GT - A LONG writeup 4F1B1403-9B44-4333-BD1C-71375D06C137
    Ford Mustang Mach-E The 1st 48…with my Mach E GT - A LONG writeup 4E4D941A-A4BF-4CC5-B468-D1CBA3633BDF
    Ford Mustang Mach-E The 1st 48…with my Mach E GT - A LONG writeup 7B59903C-3696-44F2-8F1C-6DC9479C38FC
    Ford Mustang Mach-E The 1st 48…with my Mach E GT - A LONG writeup B25C7C3F-2AAC-4A07-9FB6-B64E872E40F5

Last edited:

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Congrats on the fortuitous purchase of your GT. Agree on the Space White comments, my wife was beyond glad when her 4X showed up and looked like 3 different colors in a span of 5 minutes. Everyone comments on the color as well as the whole Mach E thing.

OP
OP
SnowBunnE

SnowBunnE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y
Country flag
Congrats on the fortuitous purchase of your GT. Agree on the Space White comments, my wife was beyond glad when her 4X showed up and looked like 3 different colors in a span of 5 minutes. Everyone comments on the color as well as the whole Mach E thing.
I was completely sold on the Star until seeing the space in person...the GT badge didn't hurt either...
I'll be posting unfiltered pics that show the color changes when the opportunity presents itself. Thx again!

AKPat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME GTPE, ‘14 F-350 DRW, ‘19 Edge ST
Country flag
Congrats on the GT score! I am pretty partial to space white as well…

MachEGTSY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7
Country flag
Congrats and nice write up. I had very similar experience with my Cyber Pony GT. My wife feels the same rollercoaster experience when I push the pony for full throttle.

car color is so catchy with public in shopping parking lots and signal junctions. Many many of them loved it and thumbs up.

OP
OP
SnowBunnE

SnowBunnE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y
Country flag
Congrats and nice write up. I had very similar experience with my Cyber Pony GT. My wife feels the same rollercoaster experience when I push the pony for full throttle.

car color is so catchy with public in shopping parking lots and signal junctions. Many many of them loved it and thumbs up.
I couldn’t agree more. It’s the kind of car that grabs attention for all the right reasons. I’m loving it so far.

MinervaDreaming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Regarding the CarPlay connection thing - for me, just resetting the display fixes it. Hold the volume down and the next track button down for ~10s and sync will reboot even while driving.

OP
OP
SnowBunnE

SnowBunnE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y
Country flag
Regarding the CarPlay connection thing - for me, just resetting the display fixes it. Hold the volume down and the next track button down for ~10s and sync will reboot even while driving.
Thank you. I’ll try that the next time it happens. ??

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Wow, Great Luck on your part. She looks fabulous. I've really grown to like those rims!!!

OP
OP
SnowBunnE

SnowBunnE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y
Country flag
Wow, Great Luck on your part. She looks fabulous. I've really grown to like those rims!!!
I as well. I looked over the modifications that I was going to make to my Premium: Rims, Tires, vinyl Grill, PPF to mimic the GT. I only need the PPF at this point. ?