Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Market Research
Country flag
I love how...

"The first is that this is an important car—not only for Ford, the fifth-largest automaker in the world by sales, but also for the Biden administration and the United States. The Mach-E aspires to be the first mass-market competitor to Tesla, according to Jim Farley, Ford’s CEO."

...with no mention that the vehicle was developed and launched during the prior administration (which I don't think I'm allowed to actually name on the internet).

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Black Premium ER AWD (ordered)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I love how...

"The first is that this is an important car—not only for Ford, the fifth-largest automaker in the world by sales, but also for the Biden administration and the United States. The Mach-E aspires to be the first mass-market competitor to Tesla, according to Jim Farley, Ford’s CEO."

...with no mention that the vehicle was developed and launched during the prior administration (which I don't think I'm allowed to actually name on the internet).
I would say they're definitely not giving direct credit to the new administration; rather, they're saying how important the car is as we are about to embark on some pretty significant federal investments in charging stations, the electrical grid, and transportation infrastructure, something that hasn't been talked about too much until this year.

JayTee

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Market Research
Country flag
I would say they're definitely not giving direct credit to the new administration; rather, they're saying how important the car is as we are about to embark on some pretty significant federal investments in charging stations, the electrical grid, and transportation infrastructure, something that hasn't been talked about too much until this year.
They're not giving direct credit, no. But they're definitely avoiding the possibility that a legacy company would have developed a car like this while T was president and without big brother fostering it.

(Sorry about the political interjection, I won't say anymore on the topic.)

sambastang

First Name
Bobby
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Veloster, 2021 Mustang Mach-E FE
Occupation
IT Engineer
Country flag
They're not giving direct credit, no. But they're definitely avoiding the possibility that a legacy company would have developed a car like this while T was president and without big brother fostering it.

(Sorry about the political interjection, I won't say anymore on the topic.)
Oh good. Then I can save my eye rolls for something else.

Advertisement

Advertisement