The Build Week 1/24/2021 Club

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
So, has everyone in this thread gotten their car except Kamuelaflyer?
I'm on deck for tomorrow. Went through Ford Options with the finance dept today - so far so good!
Have the checklist ready - getting excited. (Side note - Carvana offered me $2,300 more than the dealer for my existing car. I hear working with Carvana should be relatively easy - will find out!)
Sponsored

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I'm on deck for tomorrow. Went through Ford Options with the finance dept today - so far so good!
Have the checklist ready - getting excited. (Side note - Carvana offered me $2,300 more than the dealer for my existing car. I hear working with Carvana should be relatively easy - will find out!)
Good luck! Carmax offered me $4k over what Ford was offering. It was a straight forward process. I assume Carvana would be similar except I live near a Carmax so I just drove it over.

Only annoying part was I bought the MME on a Saturday and sold my old car on Monday so I had to add the MME to my insurance then drop the old car separately so I had to pay to add the MME then get a check in the mail to refund the difference later.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I'm at least 2 1/2 to 3 weeks away from delivery to the dealer, probably on the longer side. The next possible boat out of San Diego is May 5. That's a 5 day crossing to Honolulu then another two days to Hilo, then offload in Hilo and transport to the dealer. Prep etc.

Transpacific ship space is at a huge premium atm in all directions. Some companies are getting creative in their freight routing to avoid the 3-month average wait for shipping. That includes very odd routes in both directions. Meaning that it's quite possible freight bound for Asia is headed here first if it'll get to Asia faster. More freight means fewer cars and vice versa. ?‍♂

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I'm at least 2 1/2 to 3 weeks away from delivery to the dealer, probably on the longer side. The next possible boat out of San Diego is May 5. That's a 5 day crossing to Honolulu then another two days to Hilo, then offload in Hilo and transport to the dealer. Prep etc.

Transpacific ship space is at a huge premium atm in all directions. Some companies are getting creative in their freight routing to avoid the 3-month average wait for shipping. That includes very odd routes in both directions. Meaning that it's quite possible freight bound for Asia is headed here first if it'll get to Asia faster. More freight means fewer cars and vice versa. ?‍♂
So close.......

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Hey @sockmeister , what milage are you averaging? My trip2 which have never reset from new says 3.3 m/KW but my guess o meter has never been higher than 245 at 100% soc. Just curious what others are seeing with similar weather to me.

mjmind

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 2023 MME GT
Country flag
my wife's Mach E has been purchased, yesterday, very smooth in spite of me forgetting a check, completed all paperwork and drove home (1 hour from dealer), they'll drive out today for their money, if I am home, LOL!

she is extremely happy, we only had a front camera not working and collision system inactive, but then once we parked for a bit, it is now working!

This is just a mid-point in the MachE journey, we are happy, everything seems great.
just an update, ford ordered a new camera, took one week and it was installed yesterday, everything works great now! no more crash red warnings while in my driveway.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Well, it's finally getting to the point where our record thread is slowing down... all of you need to come back (myself included!) and check in once in a while even though you have your cars, haha. If for no other reason than to keep @Kamuelaflyer company for the next 2-3 weeks :D