The Build Week 1/24/2021 Club

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Gorgeous. Is that your place, too? Truly paradise.
Front door and the cat’s bedroom. Yes. They have their own bedroom. Well the calico has her own bedroom. Whether anyone else, human or feline, can use it is highly dependent upon just what her mood is. ;)
Sponsored

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Front door and the cat’s bedroom. Yes. They have their own bedroom. Well the calico has her own bedroom. Whether anyone else, human or feline, can use it is highly dependent upon just what her mood is. ;)
This gets better by the minute. LOL! I love it.
Congrats again. Seems like it's worth the long order wait, to be living in a place like that.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
6369DD34-1644-4156-AA13-2F15CC3D9126.jpeg

Took delivery today. It actually arrived last week but I didn’t want to say anything. Jinxes and all that.

Deatail and pictures later. It’s raining atm.
6369DD34-1644-4156-AA13-2F15CC3D9126.jpeg

Took delivery today. It actually arrived last week but I didn’t want to say anything. Jinxes and all that.

Deatail and pictures later. It’s raining atm.
Welcome to the club!!

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
WELL... We had a record run, ladies and gents. I think this extra-long thread can finally be retired. Do all of us have our cars now?
Thanks to the OP @NoMoShocks for bringing this club into existence :D

See you all out on the road! Except maybe @Kamuelaflyer; I don't know if my Mach-E will be able to make the drive across the Pacific without a couple charge stops. And maybe a lifejacket.

OP
OP
NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
WELL... We had a record run, ladies and gents. I think this extra-long thread can finally be retired. Do all of us have our cars now?
Thanks to the OP @NoMoShocks for bringing this club into existence :D

See you all out on the road! Except maybe @Kamuelaflyer; I don't know if my Mach-E will be able to make the drive across the Pacific without a couple charge stops. And maybe a lifejacket.
I am pretty sure the Mach E can operate under water without need for a snorkel like an ICE vehicle must have. Just had to extend this thread a few extra days.

Machelynn

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e premium rwd infinite blue
Occupation
HR Consultant
Country flag
Finally a break in the rain.

2D0D90A8-0BB6-46D4-B20D-A3CB988ED7BC.jpeg

Kohala mountain in the background. Haleakala on Maui in the distant background to the left side of the picture.

5E5A677F-66B0-435B-BE5A-5FD3291CEA08.jpeg

6CB2A68C-9CD3-4B1F-9A78-06B82BA6BCED.jpeg

This is upcountry Hawaii Island in mid-May. 4400 feet (1341m) on the Western flank of Maunakea (4207m/13804 ft). There’s a reason it’s green up here. :)
I'm in Waikoloa
Ford Mustang Mach-E The Build Week 1/24/2021 Club 0713210720d

OP
OP
NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
I was late to the party (my actual build date was pushed back into February), but still happy. Just turned over 5K miles last week.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve had zero troubles with the OTAs, I’m on 2.3. I’m hoping the upcoming OTA fix for the 1.7.1 and earlier stranded owners fixes things.

I’ve been told that there are a bunch more OTAs coming over the next 6 weeks to prep the job 1 cars for a March BlueCruise. I’ll not do that unless it’s fee (it’s not) as there are no BlueCruise roads on this island.

OP
OP
NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Happy Anniversary 1/24/21 Build week club!

Is everyone still happy with their Mach-e? Any trade ins or sales yet?

Mine is happily tucked away in its garage, shielded from our brutally mild winters here.

Aloha.
Thank you Kamuelaflyer for reviving the longest thread ever to keep it alive and growing. You and I have the same configuration I believe, if you have the Space Gray interior. Only regret I have is I am still struggling to get my pony in the garage in the midst of our senior downsizing exercise. I heard there were some buzzards in Hawaii this winter and that they were not all that uncommon, but maybe not in your precise location.

Our winters here in Pacific Northwest are fairly mild as well but I just bought a set of Nokian Hakkapeliitta studless winter tires for those 0 to 10 annual days of icy melted and refrozen snow of freezing rain we get. I got a good deal on a set of take off wheels from a Mach E Select so I won't the winter tires will be easy to swap on and off with the seasons. I have winter tires for most of my vehicles because they provide better traction any time the temps go below 45 degrees, but especially for the Mach E because a body shop told me "Don't wreck it because we cannot get any parts to repair these."

My Pony has 8,188 miles now. I am not a big road trip person anymore.

Happy Anniversary 1/24/21 Build week club!

Is everyone still happy with their Mach-e? Any trade ins or sales yet?

Mine is happily tucked away in its garage, shielded from our brutally mild winters here.

Aloha.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you Kamuelaflyer for reviving the longest thread ever to keep it alive and growing. You and I have the same configuration I believe, if you have the Space Gray interior. Only regret I have is I am still struggling to get my pony in the garage in the midst of our senior downsizing exercise. I heard there were some buzzards in Hawaii this winter and that they were not all that uncommon, but maybe not in your precise location.

Our winters here in Pacific Northwest are fairly mild as well but I just bought a set of Nokian Hakkapeliitta studless winter tires for those 0 to 10 annual days of icy melted and refrozen snow of freezing rain we get. I got a good deal on a set of take off wheels from a Mach E Select so I won't the winter tires will be easy to swap on and off with the seasons. I have winter tires for most of my vehicles because they provide better traction any time the temps go below 45 degrees, but especially for the Mach E because a body shop told me "Don't wreck it because we cannot get any parts to repair these."

My Pony has 8,188 miles now. I am not a big road trip person anymore.
We (The car, my wife, and I) live at 4400 feet on the western flank of Maunakea (aka Mauna Kea). Maunakea was the place the winter storm warnings were issued for. The blizzards are not uncommon occurring every year more or less. Snow storms on Maunakea and Mauna Loa are quite common though. Whenever there’s snow on Maunakea, it’s cold here as the winds blow downslope. Our overnight lows have been in the low to mid 40s. February is usually the coldest, we occasionally have to go break ice off the sheep water troughs in the morning. Not often though.

Ironically, my range on the car hasn’t decreased much with the cooler weather (Think San Francisco). What limits the GOM for me is the steep climb back home. Depending on which way I return home I’m looking at an average of 1.4 to 2.2 miles/kWh on the climb. The GOM thinks I’ll be doing all my driving that way. My average since new with the car is 3.7 miles/kWh though. 10% slopes out rule temps apparently. 100% on my car usually shows about 205 miles on the GOM with the ER battery. Despite its negativity, we’ve gone around the island several times, about 230 miles, on a single charge returning home with between 16 and 20% SOC.

It’s been a great 8 months with “Otto.” Yes I named the car after the autopilot in “Airplane!”
Sponsored

Last edited: