The Build Week 1/24/2021 Club

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
scheduled for production: 1/24/2021 (Ford web)
(build date from dealer: 1/30/2021 - I have no confidence in this)
scheduled for production: 2/11/2021 (trackers)
nothing else (except FordPass says activate vehicle)

NEW:
Built: 2/23/2021
Shipped: 2/24/2021
ETA: 2/25/2021 - 4/1/2021
Sponsored

Last edited:

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
Order date 8/1/20
Scheduled Production Date: 1/24/21 (Ford.com account)
Built Date: 2/8/21 (VIN Tracker)

Overnight I got an email from Ford - Congratulations your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of May 31, 2021.

What the living hell - I was waiting for my shipment email from Ford.... GRRRR

So there has been no change in my Ford.com account - still shows the 1/24/21 scheduled production date. Me thinks the dealership continues to play games with an extra car they have in the system with my name (and I'm guessing my email address) attached to it. I have a call in to them to see what's going on - my contact at the dealership has Thursday's off. There best be a good explanation!!

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Order date 8/1/20
Scheduled Production Date: 1/24/21 (Ford.com account)
Built Date: 2/8/21 (VIN Tracker)

Overnight I got an email from Ford - Congratulations your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of May 31, 2021.

What the living hell - I was waiting for my shipment email from Ford.... GRRRR

So there has been no change in my Ford.com account - still shows the 1/24/21 scheduled production date. Me thinks the dealership continues to play games with an extra car they have in the system with my name (and I'm guessing my email address) attached to it. I have a call in to them to see what's going on - my contact at the dealership has Thursday's off. There best be a good explanation!!
But you have VIN with 2/8 build date - so at least that should arrive and you can ignore this May build date vehicle. Yeah they are two different VINS probably or an error in the system sending that new build date

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
scheduled for production: 1/24/2021 (Ford web)
(build date from dealer: 1/30/2021 - I have no confidence in this)
scheduled for production: 2/11/2021 (trackers)
nothing else (except FordPass says activate vehicle)
ACtivate vehicle means likely your vehicle is built - make take a few days for tracker to update

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Yeah, my ETA is interesting to me as well. It seems like I'm getting a lower ETA than a lot of people who are having theirs shipped about this time, and I cannot think why Alabama would seem to be a quicker "ship to" location. I know there aren't many of us here in Alabama. I would have thought that would work against me in this situation.
I am guessing yours will be trucked from KC. It seems that once it is being trucked it only takes a day or 2 to get to your dealer. Most, like mine, will transfer to another train and go to Delaware then on a truck to Pennsylvania. The extra train ride I am told adds at least another week. So 2 weeks from Mexico to KC then it depends.

So your delivery is probably a week quicker than those of us that get a second train ride.
(I think it was @JellyBelly that educated most of us)

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
delivery expected 2/27-3/5
I check palsapp everyday
Just try not to drive yourself crazy checking everyday... Palsapp may not update regularly especially with delays due to weather across the country

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Wow. So that's two. I like the direction Ford is going with these build and ship times, lol.
AND you're shipping after me yet getting delivered two weeks sooner. Interesting...
I’m not.

Still waiting on shipping or even the official built notice. Production date was 10 days ago. Still within the usual 2 week wait.

Not a big deal, it’ll just push the delivery back until late May at best.

Or it could be waiting with every Hawaii FCTP car. Those were all built in early November and still haven’t shipped.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I’m not.

Still waiting on shipping or even the official built notice. Production date was 10 days ago. Still within the usual 2 week wait.

Not a big deal, it’ll just push the delivery back until late May at best.

Or it could be waiting with every Hawaii FCTP car. Those were all built in early November and still haven’t shipped.
Maybe they'll... Head to the west coast of Mexico, and then ship from a port to Hawaii? Is that possible?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Maybe they'll... Head to the west coast of Mexico, and then ship from a port to Hawaii? Is that possible?
They’ll go to Long Beach for shipment I’m told. Oakland is another, less likely possibility. Both are Matson Line ports of call with train service into them (whether they use that is another story). 5 days sailing time from Oakland, 6 and change from Long Beach. Yes, Oakland is that much further west.

The longest part of this journey is waiting in Honolulu for the Young Brother’s Barge. They have a covered multi level barge for cars, but the wait can be a week to 6 weeks.

Hence my car’s name. Hurry Up & Wait.

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium AWD extended range
Country flag
They’ll go to Long Beach for shipment I’m told. Oakland is another, less likely possibility. Both are Matson Line ports of call with train service into them (whether they use that is another story). 5 days sailing time from Oakland, 6 and change from Long Beach. Yes, Oakland is that much further west.

The longest part of this journey is waiting in Honolulu for the Young Brother’s Barge. They have a covered multi level barge for cars, but the wait can be a week to 6 weeks.

Hence my car’s name. Hurry Up & Wait.
the price of getting to live in paradise..lol

DiscWiz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, F250
Country flag
Thanks for the heads up and dose of reality! :)
Build date of 1/24, shipped on 1/30 with a delivery date of 2/14 to 2/20. Still shows pending in the pals app. I am in KC and my dealer is about 10 miles from the Intermodal depot. Still waiting.....

Last edited:

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Build date of 1/24, shipped on 1/30 with a delivery date of 2/14 to 2/20. Still shows pending in the pals app. I am in KC and my dealer is about 10 miles from the Intermodal depot. Still waiting.....
So you are probably impacted by the weather - shipped 1/30 so assuming 14 days to KC it outs it around 2/13 +/- in KC at best.
Sponsored