The Build Week 1/24/2021 Club

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
For those who got the delivery estimate email from Ford - did it come overnight or did you get it during the day. Just want to know how often I should be checking my phone.... If I was doing that kind of thing... ;)
Sponsored

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
For those who got the delivery estimate email from Ford - did it come overnight or did you get it during the day. Just want to know how often I should be checking my phone.... If I was doing that kind of thing... ;)
Came mid day for me.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Mine came at like 3:00am. And by the way - I had a 2/8 build date and got the email on the 16th. Some people have similar build dates but getting them a week after that -- And have the same ETAs.
All I'm saying is that the date you get the email doesn't seem to matter all that much :) Things are moving behind the scenes, whether you see it or not

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
Mine came at like 3:00am. And by the way - I had a 2/8 build date and got the email on the 16th. Some people have similar build dates but getting them a week after that -- And have the same ETAs.
All I'm saying is that the date you get the email doesn't seem to matter all that much :) Things are moving behind the scenes, whether you see it or not
Right - I'm thinking I should be getting the email any time now with my 2/8 build date. Trying to be patient - kind of/sort of.....

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I'm in Hawaii so adjust the times accordingly... mine came just before 8 pm HST last night. That's 1 am EST and 10 pm on the Pacific Coast.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Details: 2/10 build date.
Shipping Notice 2/24 EST.

ETA: 5/4/2021 through 5/10/2021

That's about 11 weeks on the ETA. Before any gasps, that's actually 2 weeks shorter than the estimated time en route on a Select Model I'm tracking (to see how long it actually takes) destined for the same dealer (1/28 shipping date).

Should break down roughly as follows:
2 weeks to KC
3 weeks to Long Beach, CA (Oakland CA is possible but not used as often)
1 week via ship to Honolulu (actual sailing time is 5 days from Oakland 5 1/2 from Long Beach)
4 weeks on the docks in Honolulu waiting for the barge to Hilo
1 week including loading, en route time on the barge to the port of Hilo, offloading, trucking the last 2 miles to the dealer, and dealer prep.

The real variable is the time on the docks in Honolulu. 4 weeks is reasonably accurate (this will be the third car of ours that's made the Eastern Pacific Oceanic Crossing). It could be shorter, it has been as long as 6 weeks in Honolulu for a personal car shipment.

The car barge:
Ford Mustang Mach-E The Build Week 1/24/2021 Club 1614224441408

And if you're stunningly bored ...

Last edited:

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

That's about 11 weeks on the ETA. Before any gasps, that's actually 2 weeks shorter than the estimated time en route on a Select Model I'm tracking (to see how long it actually takes) destined for the same dealer (1/28 shipping date).

2 weeks to KC
1 week via ship to Honolulu (actual sailing time is 5 days from Oakland 5 1/2 from Long Beach)
1 week including loading, en route time on the barge to the port of Hilo, offloading, trucking the last 2 miles to the dealer, and dealer prep.

The real variable is the time on the docks in Honolulu. 4 weeks is reasonably accurate (this will be the third car of ours that's made the Eastern Pacific Oceanic Crossing). It could be shorter, it has been as long as 6 weeks in Honolulu for a personal car shipment.

The car barge:
Ford Mustang Mach-E The Build Week 1/24/2021 Club 1614224441408

And if you're stunningly bored ...

Atleast there are dates now to count down days.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Atleast there are dates now to count down days.
Very true.

Oddly, @JellyBelly, back when we were all calculating stuff based on the @ChasingCoral spread sheets, the Ford ETA is just about smack in the middle of the range I calculated based off of Mark’s data.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Very true.

Oddly, @JellyBelly, back when we were all calculating stuff based on @ChasingCoral’s spread sheets, the Ford ETA is just about smack in the middle of the range I calculated based upon Mark’s data.
Well Marks' data was based on some internal information and other inputs here mostly insiders IIRC. While some of those plans may have been upset due to delays - vehicle issues or other reasons, I would agree that some of the early estimates worked to be reasonable estimates. And of course you had some earlier experience with your truck getting shipped too. So not bad. ?

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag

2 weeks to KC
Fantastic news. I'm happy for you. But that time waiting on a barge to get a couple islands over is just brutal! Out of curiosity.... Is your delivery charge still fixed at $1100 like ours is on the mainland?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Fantastic news. I'm happy for you. But that time waiting on a barge to get a couple islands over is just brutal! Out of curiosity.... Is your delivery charge still fixed at $1100 like ours is on the mainland?
Yes it is.

“Walk up” Price for shipping on Matson from Oakland or Long Beach is $1895. That’s the guy off the street price though. Ford almost assuredly has a far better price and may have far better clout with the barge company out here. Then again, Young Brother’s has a monopoly on inter-island shipping so ...

The $1895 is why buying on the mainland and shipping here isn’t always a better deal. There’s going to need to be serious ADM or a serious bargain to pay for shipping plus round trip airfare. That does happen though. Our 2020 Raptor was far less expensive on the mainland.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
Yes it is.

“Walk up” Price for shipping on Matson from Oakland or Long Beach is $1895. That’s the guy off the street price though. Ford almost assuredly has a far better price snd may have far better clout with the barge company out here. Then again, Young Brother’s has a monopoly on inter island shipping do ...

The $1895 is why buying on the mainland snd shipping here isn’t always a better deal. There’s going to need to be serious ADM or a serious bargain to pay for shipping plus round trip airfare. That does happen though. Our 2020 was far less expensive on the mainland.
But for an electric car, you don't need a snorkel to drive from mainland to Hawaii. Since there is no ICE, the car does not need any oxygen to run.

Oh wait, my bad. No charging stations between mainland and Hawaii.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Congats! That’s progress, and actually doesn’t seem that bad considering the trip it has to take. That’s only a couple weeks longer than the estimated travel time to Vermont.

Papa T

First Name
Treven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X1
Country flag
Mine was overnight.