Kari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium 4x
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Very interesting information! All in our group are going to SoCal dealers with 4 going to our dealer (Galpin). ETA's for the 4 going to Galpin are between 3/13 - 3/28. So either the first one is going to be late (since we are past that now) or the rest will be early if they stay together for the rest of the shipping process. The dates for the rest going to SoCal are in the same time ranges but kind of all over the map.
My group was very diverse, with cars going to Texas, Washington, Oregon and Arizona. There was only one other CA car. Seems like quite the journey!
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My group was very diverse, with cars going to Texas, Washington, Oregon and Arizona. There was only one other CA car. Seems like quite the journey!
It was just a truck ride from one train ramp to another. It doesn't mean that all those cars will end up on the same train for the next leg of their journey.

ktgeek

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10FusionHybrid,'18Expedition, RapidRed MME AWD eR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Very interesting information! All in our group are going to SoCal dealers with 4 going to our dealer (Galpin). ETA's for the 4 going to Galpin are between 3/13 - 3/28. So either the first one is going to be late (since we are past that now) or the rest will be early if they stay together for the rest of the shipping process. The dates for the rest going to SoCal are in the same time ranges but kind of all over the map.
I found something similar with my IL group. All are ETAed today, with one who's late with an ETA of 3/11. (Note: I haven't yet gotten a call from the dealer and its 3:30pm, so I don't think today is the day.)

Update: And right after I clicked send on my initial message above, my little watcher process told me that the "DispatchedDate" in the palsapp API updated to "2021-03-15 14:54:00 -0500"... I'm hoping that means its on the road now and I have my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Last edited:

ConejoRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CA Route 1 Mach-E, Chevrolet Volt
Country flag
It was just a truck ride from one train ramp to another. It doesn't mean that all those cars will end up on the same train for the next leg of their journey.
I agree, but I would hope that they would at least try to get some shipping/delivery efficiencies by putting all cars going to the same dealer at least on the same train since they all hit the Munice Ramp on the same day (3/6). Same for the other SoCal cars as they seemed to have been moved together (all had pretty varying build and ship dates). All seemed to be going to the same general LA Basin area. But, then again who says any of this shipping stuff needs to actually be done efficiently!

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
My car got loaded via the Argentine ramp at 10:30am PST!

It's in the same train car are two cars for Texas, two cars for Washington state, and the rest around the Bay Area. The Texas cars are dealer orders along with one to Walnut Creek. The rest are customer ordered cars like my own.

Now to hope it shows up before April 2nd, so I don't have to deal with my current car's registration…

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
Just realized that I can see all of the cars that went by truck with mine from the KC railyard to the Voltz ramp. Just copy the trip number and paste it in the search box on the palsapp front page. It shows 9 cars, which I guess is one truckload. Most of them were east coast cars but there is one for CO and one for NV in there. Mine was trip number 1361067086. If someone has different trip numbers we could theoretically see all the cars that were moved on March 8th.
Yikes! What does pending mean on the status of some vehicles on my trip # 1361070068?

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
Yikes! What does pending mean on the status of some vehicles on my trip # 1361070068?
That's a good question. I wonder if that means they were scheduled for that trip but were held back for some reason. The first four and both the pending ones on that trip I checked are on the NHTSA site as being part of the "loose bolts" recall. Looks like the same for my trip list although none of mine were showing as pending.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
That was extremely interesting information, I didn't know you could do trip numbers in their UI. I see a whole bunch of the Chicago area friends getting cars soon that are traveling buddies with my MachE. (And oddly two Minnesotans.)

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 1.30.07 PM.png
You're getting much more detailed info than I'm seeing like your group has already been loaded on a truck to their destination. All I'm seeing on mine is movement from the railyard in KC to the ramp in MO. Since mine will be going onto a railcar to the east coast I want be able to trace it any farther than where it is now.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
You're getting much more detailed info than I'm seeing like your group has already been loaded on a truck to their destination. All I'm seeing on mine is movement from the railyard in KC to the ramp in MO. Since mine will be going onto a railcar to the east coast I want be able to trace it any farther than where it is now.
I think that is because ours got on a second train East and ktgeek’s is being delivered by that truck. Once ours gets on the delivery truck to our dealers we “might” see a similar update.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
I think that is because ours got on a second train East and ktgeek’s is being delivered by that truck. Once ours gets on the delivery truck to our dealers we “might” see a similar update.
My thoughts exactly.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
anyone get a VVR lately? I asked my dealer a few days back and hate to keep asking.

This is worse than watching for shooting stars...not knowing when one might show up. ? ? ?

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
anyone get a VVR lately? I asked my dealer a few days back and hate to keep asking.

This is worse than watching for shooting stars...not knowing when one might show up. ? ? ?
I just asked for mine this morning. We'll see if I actually get it.

bdesatnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 BMW i3, 2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E AWD ER
Country flag

Got one last Friday. Mine is on the train from KC to Ohio, arriving at its final destination tonight...hopefully.