kiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-E E4x Space White / '15 Prius
Occupation
Product Design
Country flag
they put a "tracer" on it, and after finding the car that way, they said that it was being delayed for, "Quality Control."
oh boy
Sponsored

Papa T

First Name
Treven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X1
Country flag
So, now I'm interested to see if I'm going to have any type of struggle tomorrow with the dealer. I did some homework ahead of time, by getting a trade-in quote from CarMax, Vroom, Carvana, and my dealer. The first three all came in within $100 of each other at $21,000, but the dealer said they could only do $17,500. When I went to my Ford Orders page this evening, I had the option of finishing my purchase online. Which, I'm not sure anyone has been able to complete successfully. At some point, I think everyone has run into a Complete Purchase at Dealer message. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Anyway, with my dealer's lackluster offer on the trade-in, I just decided that I would finish that part up at CarMax. Well, part of Ford's online purchase process is a valuation of your trade-in and an offer. Ford offered me $21,120 and said that I could trade in tomorrow at the dealer. The way the online process was worded, it sounded like a solid offer that unless anything unidentified by me was found, they would honor. I would worry about them trying to haggle me down at the dealer and try to claim something or another was wrong with the valuation when they look at it tomorrow, but the only problem with that is that CarMax did a thorough, in-person review of my vehicle and offered $21,000 even. I'm going to be sure to carry the guaranteed trade-in voucher that I have from CarMax to prove that Ford's online valuation is accurate.

I imagine that they still may renege, and that will be fine, because I can still take it to CarMax, but I plan on complaining loudly, since I will be losing a decent amount of taxes on missing the trade-in offset.

OP
OP
NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
My dealers Courtesy Mach E for test drives has arrived, giving me hope that mine is not far behind and the joy of knowing I will get to test drive a Mach E 4x tomorrow. I will be taking MrsNoMoShocks for a ride but I need to keep it on 4 wheels through the twistiness or she will veto the purchase.

OP
OP
NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
So, now I'm interested to see if I'm going to have any type of struggle tomorrow with the dealer. I did some homework ahead of time, by getting a trade-in quote from CarMax, Vroom, Carvana, and my dealer. The first three all came in within $100 of each other at $21,000, but the dealer said they could only do $17,500. When I went to my Ford Orders page this evening, I had the option of finishing my purchase online. Which, I'm not sure anyone has been able to complete successfully. At some point, I think everyone has run into a Complete Purchase at Dealer message. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Anyway, with my dealer's lackluster offer on the trade-in, I just decided that I would finish that part up at CarMax. Well, part of Ford's online purchase process is a valuation of your trade-in and an offer. Ford offered me $21,120 and said that I could trade in tomorrow at the dealer. The way the online process was worded, it sounded like a solid offer that unless anything unidentified by me was found, they would honor. I would worry about them trying to haggle me down at the dealer and try to claim something or another was wrong with the valuation when they look at it tomorrow, but the only problem with that is that CarMax did a thorough, in-person review of my vehicle and offered $21,000 even. I'm going to be sure to carry the guaranteed trade-in voucher that I have from CarMax to prove that Ford's online valuation is accurate.

I imagine that they still may renege, and that will be fine, because I can still take it to CarMax, but I plan on complaining loudly, since I will be losing a decent amount of taxes on missing the trade-in offset.
Go try out the Ford Online Buying experience that will value your trade and hopefully use same data engine as CarMax, Vroom, Carvana. I couldn't figure out how to enter the system, but I think that is because my car has not arrived at the dealer. There are comments about this up above in this thread with a link to use. I will see if I can find the link and add it here.

Papa T

First Name
Treven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X1
Country flag
Go try out the Ford Online Buying experience that will value your trade and hopefully use same data engine as CarMax, Vroom, Carvana. I couldn't figure out how to enter the system, but I think that is because my car has not arrived at the dealer. There are comments about this up above in this thread with a link to use. I will see if I can find the link and add it here.
Yes, that is what I was trying to communicate in my original post. I think I got too wordy. I did use the Online Buying experience, and, yes, I think you can only start the process once the car has been delivered to the dealer. At least, that's how it was for me. As soon as the car registered as Delivered, I could run through the process, and Ford valued my trade at $21,120. I'm just wondering if the dealer is going to oblige that, or make it difficult.

OP
OP
NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Yes, that is what I was trying to communicate in my original post. I think I got too wordy. I did use the Online Buying experience, and, yes, I think you can only start the process once the car has been delivered to the dealer. At least, that's how it was for me. As soon as the car registered as Delivered, I could run through the process, and Ford valued my trade at $21,120. I'm just wondering if the dealer is going to oblige that, or make it difficult.
Sorry I didn't read the whole post. If Alabama has Sales Tax, I would definitely want to get the dealer to honor Fords $21K offer because if it is like Washington State, the sales tax you pay is based on new car price - trade in price. If you take it to car max in Washington, you would be giving up that sales tax brake which would be about $1800+ here for me.

Papa T

First Name
Treven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X1
Country flag
Sorry I didn't read the whole post. If Alabama has Sales Tax, I would definitely want to get the dealer to honor Fords $21K offer because if it is like Washington State, the sales tax you pay is based on new car price - trade in price. If you take it to car max in Washington, you would be giving up that sales tax brake which would be about $1800+ here for me.
Yep, same here in Alabama, but I don't think our taxes are quite as high. The tax difference for me will only be about half that at $900, but that's still enough for me to make some noise over.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Well I had a 1/24 build week date. Then my production date went to 2/2. Now I have an email from Ford that says delivery date between 3/15 and 3/21. YAY!

FYI I reserved 1 week after reservations opened, and converted to an order on 7/4.
Mine just went to April 24th from March 21, but I think It's just a bogus +1 month.

My dealer told me my car was in northern Arizona still headed to Phoenix though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sitting at dealer now waiting for finance manager.

I would post a picture but the thing is filthy. I asked the dealer not to wash as I will be letting the people installing my paint protection film do that.

OP
OP
NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Really happy you mentioned CarMax, Vroom, Carvana, because Carvama is offering me $25,550 for my car I only owe $21,375. Vroom didn't do so well and I have yet to check CarMax.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
You can actually go all the way with it. I was initially mistaken. It varies by dealer, but Ford makes it so that you can apply for the credit and everything online.
You still have to go into the dealer eventually anyway, and they might have you sign something, but do as much as you can online. That's my recommendation.

I went about halfway through it and "Sent to dealer" and they picked it up from there and my whole application was in place already started for them. Made it easier, I think.

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
Got email from dealer who is good at comms with me. Car arriving in Mira Loma from train (near Riverside). Then on a truck to come down to SD.

Update: My VIN no longer shows on the PALSAPP, it says that "may have been released to local carrier". Wonder if that means it is now on a truck?
FYI: PalsApp isn't working for anyone at the moment.

No matter what VIN you put in, you'll get that same message. That message is actually a default as the data retrieved is an empty object. The front-end just defaults to "may be released" message when no data is collected. For now, consider PalsApp doesn't work at all.

Since it's been about two days, I'm assuming it's intentional that it's not working.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

No matter what VIN you put in, you'll get that same message. That message is actually a default as the data retrieved is an empty object. The front-end just defaults to "may be released" message when no data is collected. For now, consider PalsApp doesn't work at all.

Since it's been about two days, I'm assuming it's intentional that it's not working.
People were putting far too much faith in palsapp anyway. At best it was a snapshot of something, rather after the fact.

Papa T

First Name
Treven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X1
Country flag
People were putting far too much faith in palsapp anyway. At best it was a snapshot of something, rather after the fact.
I think you are spot on with this, and I also think it speaks to the lack of information and communication on the delivery process. I 100% got caught up in checking and rechecking Palsapp, and it only ever had one update, and I knew from others experience that was probably all that would ever be there. But... it was almost the only shred of information that I could locate and try to calculate from.

I don’t think I’m a complainer or hater. It is way too easy in life to think you can do it better, especially when you really have no experience in the subject you are giving your opinion on. That being said, it is hard for me to believe that with today’s technology, it would not be very simple to have an efficient shipping tracking system, and it sure seems like this would be a win/win for Ford and their customers.

I assume that the car ordering customer is a VERY small fraction of the overall car market, and that probably has a lot to do with the lack of attention to this area. But, it feels like there is a growing opportunity here.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag

Agreed. Not working for me either.