The Build Week 1/24/2021 Club

NotSoJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Mustang Mach-E reservation holder
Country flag
My twitter says he can’t be DMed. So I commented on his latest post and I did my own tweet with his name but nothing so far. I am sure he gets a lot asking for help. Although I didn’t really ask for help, only htat I was frustrated.
When you're done with him, tell him I've got next!
Sponsored

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
@Plutoman15, I hate to do this to you and I really hope you get your squared away soon... but my MME got delivered today to the dealership. It won't be ready for sale until hopefully tomorrow, but I drove by the dealer to snag some pictures of it at least. It was delivered side-by-side with another MME, it was an interesting chance to see a star white next to a space white (mine) for comparison.

It's been quite a ride with all of these date changes. Here's my (almost complete) timeline:
  • 10 Jul 2020 - Ordered MME
  • 17 Jan 2021 - Original build week
  • 24 Jan 2021 - Build week changed (obviously so I could be in this club)
  • 11 Feb 2021 - Built
  • 22 Feb 2021 - Shipped (delivery ETA of 3 Apr 2021)
  • 18 Mar 2021 - Palsapp update, moved by truck to Birmingham
  • 27 Mar 2021 - Delivered to Delaware rail yard
  • 30 Mar 2021 - Delivery ETA moved to 11 May 2021
  • 1 Apr 2021 - Delivered to dealership by truck
  • 2 Apr 2021 - Purchased (hopefully)
For those that have had their tracker ETA pushed back... don't lose hope. There are plenty of examples of this being false.

Here are some quick pictures. It's hard being this close and still having to wait!

Ford Mustang Mach-E The Build Week 1/24/2021 Club 20210401_173517

Ford Mustang Mach-E The Build Week 1/24/2021 Club 20210401_173609

The glass roof seemed to be a little more set in on the driver's side than the passenger side, but not by a ton. I'll see when I drive it how it sounds.

Ford Mustang Mach-E The Build Week 1/24/2021 Club 20210401_173844

And for good measure, here's my last fill up on my current car on the drive home from taking these pictures. Don't worry, I only got a little bit. I was running on fumes since I thought it would be ready for trade in sooner. My state inspection also expired yesterday, so we'll see how that plays out.

Ford Mustang Mach-E The Build Week 1/24/2021 Club 20210401_175459

NotSoJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Mustang Mach-E reservation holder
Country flag
@Plutoman15, I hate to do this to you and I really hope you get your squared away soon... but my MME got delivered today to the dealership. It won't be ready for sale until hopefully tomorrow, but I drove by the dealer to snag some pictures of it at least. It was delivered side-by-side with another MME, it was an interesting chance to see a star white next to a space white (mine) for comparison.

It's been quite a ride with all of these date changes. Here's my (almost complete) timeline:
  • 11 Feb 2021 - Built
For those that have had their tracker ETA pushed back... don't lose hope. There are plenty of examples of this being false.

Here are some quick pictures. It's hard being this close and still having to wait!

The glass roof seemed to be a little more set in on the driver's side than the passenger side, but not by a ton. I'll see when I drive it how it sounds.

And for good measure, here's my last fill up on my current car on the drive home from taking these pictures. Don't worry, I only got a little bit. I was running on fumes since I thought it would be ready for trade in sooner. My state inspection also expired yesterday, so we'll see how that plays out.

Congratulations! Although personally disappointed to lose a comrade, it's great to see them roll in.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Congratulations! Although personally disappointed to lose a comrade, it's great to see them roll in.
The rest can't be far off! I'm not going anywhere... I wouldn't know what to do with all the free time freed up from not refreshing trackers all day, lol.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag

• 11 Feb 2021 - Built

Check the vin, it might be mine ?
That is exactly my twin. Excited for you. ????

mine must be a lemon that they can’t deliver.

Papa T

First Name
Treven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X1
Country flag
I would absolutely add “my voice” if I knew how to do so in a productive or meaningful way, especially for individuals like @Plutoman15 (I would throw in @opus to that thought, but it sounds like he has been able to get some traction and response now).

I was on the verge of taking my case to Twitter about a week ago, after waiting a couple of weeks past my ETA, and no word whatsoever from Ford or my dealer, then a 30 day pushback on my original ETA. I had just literally thrown in the towel (well, “literally” in the sense that I actually did make a conscious choice, not that I picked up a physical towel and threw it ?) both mentally and emotionally, and then... all of a sudden, my car shows up.

Anyway, does anyone know if retweeting helps draw attention to original Tweets? Is there any “strength in numbers” that we can provide in some way to those members who are truly struggling past reasonable expectations? I’m in for anything I can do. Many of us should be all too aware of that helpless feeling now, having been through it ourselves.

Papa T

First Name
Treven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X1
Country flag
@Plutoman15 - You did say that you tweeted Levine, correct? Can you link that tweet here? I’ll retweet it right back at him again and point out that this really reflects poorly on Ford and is getting a lot of attention on this forum. For whatever reason, I have never been a big Twitter user, so I have no idea what I’m talking about, or if this thought has any chance of remote success, but I’m willing to try something.

I started to put this comment in your recently posted “Lemon” thread, but posted here thinking there might be activity in this thread. That might not be correct though. Your new thread might end up creating more attention.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag

• 11 Feb 2021 - Built

OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL! Congratulations!
I like the "space white" better than the star white. Space is more of a cool white, while star is more of a warm white.
That's a nice audi. I'm just sad that you didn't choose to fill up at Wawa as your last fill-up :)

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
@Plutoman15 - You did say that you tweeted Levine, correct? Can you link that tweet here? I’ll retweet it right back at him again and point out that this really reflects poorly on Ford and is getting a lot of attention on this forum. For whatever reason, I have never been a big Twitter user, so I have no idea what I’m talking about, or if this thought has any chance of remote success, but I’m willing to try something.

I started to put this comment in your recently posted “Lemon” thread, but posted here thinking there might be activity in this thread. That might not be correct though. Your new thread might end up creating more attention.
Ford customer service gave me a case number and has sent it to another group. Let me give Ford a little time to see if their customer service comes through with info before pinging the chiefs harder. I did tweet a few yesterday.

Appreciate the support ?

IzzyM

First Name
Izzak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Grabber Blue
Occupation
Urban Planner
Country flag
Ford customer service gave me a case number and has sent it to another group. Let me give Ford a little time to see if their customer service comes through with info before pinging the chiefs harder. I did tweet a few yesterday.

Appreciate the support ?
I did the same thing and the ford rep gave me a case number and the exact location of my car.

opus

First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dwightbattle.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
UX/Product Designer
Country flag
How do you get Levine to respond to you? He's ignoring me... Levine if you're on this thread please respond.
My twitter says he can’t be DMed. So I commented on his latest post and I did my own tweet with his name but nothing so far. I am sure he gets a lot asking for help. Although I didn’t really ask for help, only htat I was frustrated.
I would absolutely add “my voice” if I knew how to do so in a productive or meaningful way, especially for individuals like @Plutoman15 (I would throw in @opus to that thought, but it sounds like he has been able to get some traction and response now).
So, this is the tweet I originally sent:

Nothing too incendiary, just some frustration. I think it should probably go without saying, but yelling obscenities at these folks isn't going to get you very far. Most of them geniuinely want to help, and are probably overloaded with requests. In my case, I'm pretty sure we're both on the west coast, and I tweeted in the morning, so there might be a good chance I just caught him at the right time.

Anyway, right after that, he followed me, and sent me a DM. You can set your Twitter settings to only get DMs from people you follow, so if you've tried to DM directly with no luck, that's probably why. When he responded, he asked for my VIN. I gave it to him, explained what I knew (basically, palsapp and other trackers weren't giving me information, and the dealer didn't have any either) and he said he'd look into it. The next morning, I got the update about the train and expedited delivery.

I don't know if I got the response because of my relatively low order number (4604) or what, I don't have any Twitter following of import, and I'm certainly no high roller that would get an outsized response. But if you're going to try and reach him, it seems like tagging him in your own tweet vs. responding to one of this seems to be the best first step. Good luck!

Last edited:

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Got an update today from my good dealer rep. Car offloaded in Mira Loma for truck transit to SD. He says that can take 3 to 10 days, hope it is on the lower end!

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
We decided on 3/31 not to chance losing the $2500 on Ford Options, so signed the paperwork on our RR Premium Ex*. At that point the dealer VV showed our rail car was in Needles, CA, so would probably arrive at the Richmond, CA rail yard within the next week.

Yesterday at 5:01pm PDT, we got the e-mail from Ford saying:
"To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2021 Mustang Mach‑E Premium is delivered to Big Valley Ford. Your vehicle’s previous estimated delivery range of March 20, 2021 and March 26, 2021** has been updated to between April 29, 2021 and May 5, 2021."​
Which we interpreted to mean we will definitely take delivery sometime next week.

* And of course, on 4/1 the $2500 was extended until July. #Murphyslaw
** Which had already changed to "March 24 and March 30" on Ford's Vehicle Order Tracking and https://seg.fyi/mache-vin over ten ago.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
I updated over on my lemon thread.

short version, the escalated Ford call came from my case and they know nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Sponsored