The Build Week 1/24/2021 Club

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
I ordered 8/1/20, build date 2/8, and estimated delivery of 5/3-5/9. I have no idea why my delivery date is later than everyone else's. Except for our Hawaiian friend - I think he has the latest date of this group. At this point, I'm thinking we might be the last two of this thread to take delivery... And it will be nose to nose....

But at least they don't keep pushing my delivery date. I have that going for me.

Test drove the owner's last week - it was very, very nice and now I just want my damn car...
ummm, I ordered January 2020 and still no car or word of one....sooooo

Not much Joy left in this whole process for me.
Sponsored

NotSoJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Mustang Mach-E reservation holder
Country flag
Although I'm still very disappointed in how long it took the car to get to my dealer, I wanted to close the loop with the readers of this thread to let you all know mine hit the lot this morning. Recall my new delivery date was 5/5, so another case of a BS delivery date. I noticed earlier this week that the other cars in my palsapp trip were showing delivered and I figured I would be the last one. I was the second to last one....

I stopped by the dealer to see the dirty car and immediately was assigned a sales guy that I know I'm going to hate. He wanted to argue about what ford options was and was incorrectly taking me through some of the features of the premium vs select. It was that moment that I realized getting my covid shot last week was going to be the better experience. We scheduled a test drive and he told me they would have it all gassed up and ready to go. I laughed politely, he didn't. Sigh..... I also noticed my roof seems to be straight, but is noticeably higher than the windshield.

I know this won't make any of you feel better about your deliveries, but just know that progress is getting made, albeit slower than we'd like (or even what we'd consider acceptable). Happy to answer any questions.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I ordered 8/1/20, build date 2/8, and estimated delivery of 5/3-5/9. I have no idea why my delivery date is later than everyone else's. Except for our Hawaiian friend - I think he has the latest date of this group. At this point, I'm thinking we might be the last two of this thread to take delivery... And it will be nose to nose....

But at least they don't keep pushing my delivery date. I have that going for me.

Test drove the owner's last week - it was very, very nice and now I just want my damn car...
Your delivery window almost exactly matched mine. Hopefully we all get them sooner.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Any news yet @Plutoman15 ?

saying something is just not right about your in transit process is an understatement.
Nothing yet. Still no indication it is being delivered today (tracker, email, etc.)
No news from my dealer or from Ford, although I do anticipate hearing from Ford today at some point with some sort of info.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
I feel bad for posting this with the problems others are having but my car is in the driveway next to its predecessor. It's going to take my old brain a while to process all the details of the systems in this car.
Ford Mustang Mach-E The Build Week 1/24/2021 Club Cars
Don't feel bad, I am happy for you and everyone that gets their car. Someday I will join everyone.

Be proud!

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
Don't feel bad, I am happy for you and everyone that gets their car. Someday I will join everyone.

Be proud!
Can your dealer find out the name of the car transport co. from the Vehicle Visibility Report? If so, maybe you can find a way to hurry them up like the sales manager at my dealership did. I doubt I would have mine if he hadn't called and asked them to expedite it. I think a lot of these delays are logistical.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
I was able to get the X-Plan price for mine even though I asked him about it for the first time yesterday. I had my second fob that I got from Car and Truck Remotes and asked him to program it and he took it and came back in about five minutes and didn't charge anything which shocked me.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I feel bad for posting this with the problems others are having but my car is in the driveway next to its predecessor. It's going to take my old brain a while to process all the details of the systems in this car.
Ford Mustang Mach-E The Build Week 1/24/2021 Club Cars
I know what you mean about all the details. Every time I have a few minutes, I sit and play with the various settings, Apple Car Play, Ford Pass, etc. There is a ton of stuff to learn. I do not wish to complain. I recall the first car that had Sync, Serramonte Ford actually offered a class. There were about dozen of us there and lot's of others who came and went. I hope they think about doing that again. Maybe someone will put a "class" on You Tube.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Can your dealer find out the name of the car transport co. from the Vehicle Visibility Report? If so, maybe you can find a way to hurry them up like the sales manager at my dealership did. I doubt I would have mine if he hadn't called and asked them to expedite it. I think a lot of these delays are logistical.
The last VVR did not show a trucking company. Only that it arrived in Wilmington on March 19th via train. I keep checking a few trucking companies with my vin that someone else posted (@CHeil402 Maybe?) but none recognize my VIN.

I still await word from Ford on info. Starting to lightly look for my identical car on another dealers lot somewhere.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
The last VVR did not show a trucking company. Only that it arrived in Wilmington on March 19th via train. I keep checking a few trucking companies with my vin that someone else posted (@CHeil402 Maybe?) but none recognize my VIN.

I still await word from Ford on info. Starting to lightly look for my identical car on another dealers lot somewhere.
My VVR showed United Road Services which I googled and found their tracking site here.

https://www.unitedroad.com/delivery-receipt

However, it only showed up there AFTER it was delivered to the dealership. That's actually how I knew it was there before my salesman did. Since you're at the same rail yard in DE, it's probably them. @sockmeister had the same trucking company also.

mjmind

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 2023 MME GT
Country flag
Welp... now I'm starting to get pissed, especially with news elsewhere in the forum that people who ordered months after me are getting their car.

Order date: 7/7/2020
Build date: 2/5
Shipped date: 2/23

Original delivery date of 3/15... then rescheduled to 4/4 and today rescheduled to 4/21.

I think if we knew what was going on I'd be calmer, but the MME fell into a black hole somewhere.
I'm right there with you, reserved 11/19, ordered 8/20, build 2/5, shipped 2/11, supposedly in KC 3/8, then due in WI by 3/22, , then 4/2, now 4/12. My deal has no idea where it is, low Mach E volume dealer
Sponsored