The Build Week 1/24/2021 Club

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
YESSSSSS!!!! Finally.
haven't seen it yet. waiting to see if it is ready today or not. Dealer said I could take it for a day or so before signing if I wanted. The hold up may be if they can get it to 100% before I take it.
Sponsored

kikibop

First Name
kiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-E E4x Space White / '15 Prius
Occupation
Product Design
Country flag
Hallelujah, the MME machine is in the garage...here's my timeline:

• 04 Sept 2020 - Placed order
  • 07 Sept 2020 - Order confirmed
  • 24 Jan 2021 - Original build week (how I gained Club membership)
  • 01 Feb 2021 - Build week delayed to this
  • 13 Feb 2021 - Built
  • 23 Feb 2021 - Shipped (delivery ETA of 23-28 Mar 2021)
  • 12 Mar 2021 - Palsapp update: delivered to Argentine Ramp
  • 28 Mar 2021 - Delivery window breached. No word on her whereabouts. No revised ETA
  • 04 Apr 2021 - Arrived by train to Richmond, CA
  • 05 Apr 2021 - Arrived to dealership by truck
  • 06 Apr 2021 - Purchased
Total time elapsed:
Order to delivery: 7 months, 2 days
Build week to delivery: 2 months
Actual Build to delivery: 6.5 weeks

And with that I say a thousand thank you's to my fellow journeyers who've kept me entertained and amused over the past half-year. I've driven the car twice so far and it is just as fun and exciting as I always expected it to be. I'll chime back in a few days with a couple of photos and some more in-depth thoughts but suffice it to say I felt like a kid waiting for the ultimate birthday present. This is something special. Glad we all get to share the joy of the experience!

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
haven't seen it yet. waiting to see if it is ready today or not. Dealer said I could take it for a day or so before signing if I wanted. The hold up may be if they can get it to 100% before I take it.
My dealer has two outside chargers and since a building expansion neither of them works. He had to charge mine in the shop. ?

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4X IB , 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
I talked to my Pacific Northwest dealer today, and my MME has arrived!
I’m so excited/ nervous.
This vehicle will need to go through
1. Recall fix for subframe bolts
2. Fedex contract WA➡AK
3.I already wired ?
4.Dealer drop off to port
5.Sail 3-5 days to AK
6.Pray no funny business with 12V when it arrives and drive it home!
? phase 1-17 complete
Now to get it through the rest of the journey, safely.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Mine is sitting in my garage charging. I don’t own it yet but will tomorrow. Dealer still needs to detail it and then I can sign the papers. Dealer has been great, no weird fees or anything.

so I finally got to drive the mache and it is great. I was almost scared of it at first but I got comfortable quickly. So far like engaged best. Unbridled is a little jerky for me.

anyone else get cars that get up tight to your butt? Not sure if they were trying to get a look or just rude drivers out tonight.

anyway, I take it back to the dealer in the morning so they can clean it up (quite dirty inside and out). Then I can sign and pay and call it mine!

the roof sticks up just slightly from the windshield but is nice and even across the front. No wind noise. No buzzing noise so far. Panels look great. Back hatch is ever so slightly uneven across top but barely so not worried about.
Post more tomorrow. Thanks all for putting up with my grumpiness. Happy ending though I believe.

NotSoJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Mustang Mach-E reservation holder
Country flag
Mine is sitting in my garage charging. I don’t own it yet but will tomorrow. Dealer still needs to detail it and then I can sign the papers. Dealer has been great, no weird fees or anything.

so I finally got to drive the mache and it is great. I was almost scared of it at first but I got comfortable quickly. So far like engaged best. Unbridled is a little jerky for me.

anyone else get cars that get up tight to your butt? Not sure if they were trying to get a look or just rude drivers out tonight.

anyway, I take it back to the dealer in the morning so they can clean it up (quite dirty inside and out). Then I can sign and pay and call it mine!

the roof sticks up just slightly from the windshield but is nice and even across the front. No wind noise. No buzzing noise so far. Panels look great. Back hatch is ever so slightly uneven across top but barely so not worried about.
Post more tomorrow. Thanks all for putting up with my grumpiness. Happy ending though I believe.
I'm going to be that guy that parks at least one parking space away from everyone with hazard cones placed all around it to prevent anyone from getting too close. I also will not leave it alone in public for more than 10 min increments....

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
PIcked up my new MME IB AWD Ex Premium yesterday. Car is perfect, not misalignments or buzzy displays. It had 21 miles on it. Had a sticker attached saying that they had performed "random extra testing" on my car. Rest of the experience was easy, did financing at .9% with Ford Credit. Thanks for the great checklist from this forum! Got the 1500 CVRP discount for CA, 100 back for early adapter, and X-plan. So fun to drive. Only complaint is that Ford Pass App is junk. Says I have 103 miles on the odometer, off by 70!

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag

Congrats again. Your wait seemed painful. But you'll forget all about it very soon.
In other news, it definitely seemed like we had a huge batch of deliveries this past week. Who is still left out there waiting for their car (from the 1/24 build date originals)?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Congrats again. Your wait seemed painful. But you'll forget all about it very soon.
In other news, it definitely seemed like we had a huge batch of deliveries this past week. Who is still left out there waiting for their car (from the 1/24 build date originals)?
There are still several of us.

I'm somewhere between 2 weeks and a month away from delivery.

ktgeek

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10FusionHybrid,'18Expedition, RapidRed MME AWD eR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
There are still several of us.

I'm somewhere between 2 weeks and a month away from delivery.

That said, just this morning I got a trip number again from palsapp. Anyone know the time from getting a TripNumber and a PairedDate to actually moving? I'm trying hard not to get my hopes up, but it does feel like forward progress.

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
Me and @Kamuelaflyer. Who else?