The Build Week 1/24/2021 Club

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
What's the latest update on your car, anyway? We're getting close to May....
Oh who knows?
Ford Mustang Mach-E The Build Week 1/24/2021 Club 1618270399934

tl;dr: It's somewhere east of here.

It was in the Port of San Diego in late March (the 26th or so to be semi-precise). That was plenty of time to make the cut-off (April 2) for the April 7 sailing of the MV Jean Anne. The question is whether it actually got on the ship or whether it will be held until the 4/21 sailing of the Jean Anne. The former would put it in Hilo (where the dealer's main showroom is) around 4/15 with the car being trucked the final 2.5 miles around 4/17 or so. The latter shipping date would put it Hilo around 4/28 with the delivery to the dealer around 5/1 "or so."

The earlier shipping date puts the car here quite early (5/3 thru 5/10 eta). The latter puts it here just about right for the ETA. I have no idea how Pasha does things as we've only shipped on Matson, but I'd bank on the latter cause it matches the ETA. So it depends if it is a time definite piece of cargo or "when it fits in piece of cargo," and just how much slop is built into the 13-week official shipping schedule.

The final possibility is a May 5 sailing from San Diego, that would arrive in Hilo around May 12. Which would make it late. But that's quite unlikely as, after all, how many of these things have been late or delayed? Hmmm? Hmmm? :rolleyes: :oops:o_O?

I was hoping it'd go by Matson cause you can track via VIN on Matson. Pasha sails into Hilo though, Matson uses barges for the interisland part of the car shipments (another wait).
Sponsored

Last edited:

opus

First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dwightbattle.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
UX/Product Designer
Country flag
We got our FordPass points this past weekend, so I'm going to go and try and order the floormats now. Hopefully I can get the interior protection package that was available on the new car?
Damn, I didnā€™t even think about doing this. I just ordered them from a third party site because it was cheaper than ordering from Ford direct. But I canā€˜t use FordPass because I donā€™t have my car, so... ?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Damn, I didnā€™t even think about doing this. I just ordered them from a third party site because it was cheaper than ordering from Ford direct. But I canā€˜t use FordPass because I donā€™t have my car, so... ?
Itā€™s quite a dilemma isnā€™t it?

Papa T

First Name
Treven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X1
Country flag
I was thinking the same thing. Some of us are finally out driving!

I'll add to the discussion... We got our FordPass points this past weekend, so I'm going to go and try and order the floormats now. Hopefully I can get the interior protection package that was available on the new car?
Do you happen to know what the conversion of Ford Pass Points to dollars is? I'm picking up floormats in the next day or two, but totally forgot about this. I've looked through the App and online, but I don't seem to be able to find what sort of credit is applied for the points available.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
On a different note, I have been checking on my car sitting at the airport (for scientific reasons ?) while I am away, it so far seems I lose 1-1.5 miles per day of charge while it just sits. Not bad.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
On a different note, I have been checking on my car sitting at the airport (for scientific reasons ?) while I am away, it so far seems I lose 1-1.5 miles per day of charge while it just sits. Not bad.
Thanks for taking one for the team. Itā€™s endeavors like this that advance our knowledge and understanding through proper use of the Scientific Method.

You, sir, are to be commended!

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
1-1.5 miles or percent? Miles is nothing. That's great news if true...you know if I ever start traveling for work again that is.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
California Ports to Honolulu: 5 days sailing. 5 full days from SoCal, 5 calendar days from Oakland.

These aren't your father's cargo ships.
That's actually not bad. About as long as it takes to drive it from Kansas city to Delaware, apparently...

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
1-1.5 miles or percent? Miles is nothing. That's great news if true...you know if I ever start traveling for work again that is.
Miles. Initially I was watching the percent but it hasnā€™t changed, only the miles have gone down.

I just checked again and it might be 1.5-2 miles per day. I get back on Thursday so I will have a better average then.

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
So, I will now most definitely be the last of the group. Just got an email from Ford with an update - my estimated delivery is moving from May 3 to 9 out to May 21 to 27. WHAT. THE. LIVING. HELL. This morning my dealer confirmed the car is in Kansas City. Why would it take 6 weeks to get from Kansas City to CT? (Heavy sigh....)

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
So, I will now most definitely be the last of the group. Just got an email from Ford with an update - my estimated delivery is moving from May 3 to 9 out to May 21 to 27. WHAT. THE. LIVING. HELL. This morning my dealer confirmed the car is in Kansas City. Why would it take 6 weeks to get from Kansas City to CT? (Heavy sigh....)
Ugh. Hopefully like a lot of others that isn't a real delay at all. Mine got pushed to May 11, but it showed up April 1.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Take it with a grain of salt. A big one. As previously evidenced in this record-breaking thread length, those last minute date updates tend to be bogus.

ktgeek

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10FusionHybrid,'18Expedition, RapidRed MME AWD eR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Take it with a grain of salt. A big one. As previously evidenced in this record-breaking thread length, those last minute date updates tend to be bogus.
At the same time mine has moved twice... my current ETA is the 21st which was updated on the 5th, and there's been no magical delivery yet. Palsapp Pending is my meditation mantra.
Sponsored