Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
Well my saga continues...the finance guy at my dealership who supposedly is the only person that knows how to handle the Ford Option has been out with a medical issue so I'm stuck is some kind of Ford purgatory. When and how should I run this up the Ford corporate flag pole?

3PM Update: Escalated to Ford Credit customer service. Evidently the dealership haven't been successful in getting Ford Options to work in the past. Customer service is escalating to regional Ford Credit representative.
Did you complete the on line purchase options where you set up your Options Financing and then Ford spoon feeds all the documentation to your dealer? My dealer had commented they didn't know about Options Financing, but once I set it up on line, everything went smoothly.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Well my saga continues...the finance guy at my dealership who supposedly is the only person that knows how to handle the Ford Option has been out with a medical issue so I'm stuck is some kind of Ford purgatory. When and how should I run this up the Ford corporate flag pole?

3PM Update: Escalated to Ford Credit customer service. Evidently the dealership haven't been successful in getting Ford Options to work in the past. Customer service is escalating to regional Ford Credit representative.
Hopefully, no update today means that blkletterlaw81 is too busy enjoying the new ride!

blkletterlaw81

First Name
Tyce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MUSTANG MACH-E PREMIUM
Occupation
Realtor/Attorney
Country flag
Hopefully, no update today means that blkletterlaw81 is too busy enjoying the new ride!
Sadly not enjoying my ride.:confused:
No updates from my dealership, which isn't surprising, as I'm the one who initiates communication. When I spoke with them on Friday, they said things would be sorted by Saturday. The Ford customer service rep said that the person she spoke to seemed pretty stressed with the situation. I figured I would give them the weekend to see if they can sort things out. As much as I would love my MME now, I'm managing with a one car household. Don't know how much use me being angry would help.

We'll see how things sort out tomorrow.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Sadly not enjoying my ride.:confused:
No updates from my dealership, which isn't surprising, as I'm the one who initiates communication. When I spoke with them on Friday, they said things would be sorted by Saturday. The Ford customer service rep said that the person she spoke to seemed pretty stressed with the situation. I figured I would give them the weekend to see if they can sort things out. As much as I would love my MME now, I'm managing with a one car household. Don't know how much use me being angry would help.

We'll see how things sort out tomorrow.
I would call Ford directly to get someone working on this who knows what they are doing. They people are just spinning their wheels. So to speak.

blkletterlaw81

First Name
Tyce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MUSTANG MACH-E PREMIUM
Occupation
Realtor/Attorney
Country flag
Monday Update: Called dealer this morning after no response from email from Sunday requesting an update. Asked that GM give me a call back. GM called 5mins later and explained I had to come in to submit a new application because they couldn't use the Ford Credit application I submitted on line because Ford Option was not available online. I scheduled an appointment this afternoon. Five minutes after speaking with the GM, I received phone call from the regional Ford Credit Rep who also explained the situation. He acknowledged that the MME roll out was not ideal and they're ironing out the wrinkles.

This afternoon I went to dealership filled out paperwork. They have to send it to Ford Credit in order to produce a contract for Ford Option. Hope it'll be over with in a couple days.

I did get to see my MME. A thing of beauty.

OP
OP
NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Ford Option was not available online.
That's the craziest thing I have heard of. Then why was I able to fill out my application for Ford Options online and all the paperwork was ready when I arrived at my dealer? The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

blkletterlaw81

First Name
Tyce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MUSTANG MACH-E PREMIUM
Occupation
Realtor/Attorney
Country flag
That's the craziest thing I have heard of. Then why was I able to fill out my application for Ford Options online and all the paperwork was ready when I arrived at my dealer? The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.
????

None it doesn't make any sense. Could be some weird Massachusetts regulation. Thankfully I'm making some headway.

ktgeek

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10FusionHybrid,'18Expedition, RapidRed MME AWD eR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My wife and I are at the dealer now doing paperwork. It’s happening!

We have that same slight roof alignment most folks have, but we got it up to speed during the test drive and didn’t hear the whistle. Nor did I hear the screen noise, and I can usually hear those.

The wait seems to have been worth it.

opus

First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dwightbattle.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
UX/Product Designer
Country flag
MY MACH-E ARRIVED TODAY!!!

...the same day I landed on the other side of the country to visit my mother. Because of course it did. I got the text while I was on the plane.

So one more week until I get it, but at least know where it is!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
MY MACH-E ARRIVED TODAY!!!

...the same day I landed on the other side of the country to visit my mother. Because of course it did. I got the text while I was on the plane.

So one more week until I get it, but at least know where it is!
I'm going to be off-island on May 8. Want to bet on the date it's available?

opus

First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dwightbattle.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
UX/Product Designer
Country flag
I'm going to be off-island on May 8. Want to bet on the date it's available?
They originally told me it was supposed to get here over the weekend, and I think picking up the car and then immediately getting on a plane would have been more irritating!

ktgeek

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10FusionHybrid,'18Expedition, RapidRed MME AWD eR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My wife and I are at the dealer now doing paperwork. It’s happening!
Bad news is it looks like the "dirty IL power causing problems with 240v charging" issue is hitting us. Good news is here is a picture of my wife with the new MME. :) It'll be mostly her car, but she promises I get to drive it sometimes.

Ford Mustang Mach-E The Build Week 1/24/2021 Club 7DB25344-12C7-49B6-B06A-5E21F7B86C86

Last edited:

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Monday Update: Called dealer this morning after no response from email from Sunday requesting an update. Asked that GM give me a call back. GM called 5mins later and explained I had to come in to submit a new application because they couldn't use the Ford Credit application I submitted on line because Ford Option was not available online. I scheduled an appointment this afternoon. Five minutes after speaking with the GM, I received phone call from the regional Ford Credit Rep who also explained the situation. He acknowledged that the MME roll out was not ideal and they're ironing out the wrinkles.

This afternoon I went to dealership filled out paperwork. They have to send it to Ford Credit in order to produce a contract for Ford Option. Hope it'll be over with in a couple days.

I did get to see my MME. A thing of beauty.
I was also able to fill mine out with Ford Options online. Something doesn't make sense with what they are telling you.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Bad news is it looks like the "dirty IL power causing problems with 240v charging" issue is hitting us. Good news is here is a picture of my wife with the new MME. :) It'll be mostly her car, but she promises I get to drive it sometimes.

Ford Mustang Mach-E The Build Week 1/24/2021 Club 7DB25344-12C7-49B6-B06A-5E21F7B86C86
At least there appears to be a solution in sight for the dirty power issues. Shouldn't be too long before that OTA is available (or worst case before you bring it to the dealer).

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
At least there appears to be a solution in sight for the dirty power issues. Shouldn't be too long before that OTA is available (or worst case before you bring it to the dealer).
Ford Mustang Mach-E The Build Week 1/24/2021 Club 1618938656651
Sponsored