The Build Week 1/24/2021 Club

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Most people just get the vanity plate for their current car with the intent to transfer the registration to the MME later.
Sadly for those of us in CA, vanity plates can't be ordered due to COVID. Can't even access the lookup tool to verify potential candidates.
Sponsored

ConejoRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CA Route 1 Mach-E, Chevrolet Volt
Country flag
We are planning on transferring our Volt vanity plates (KWHRIDE) to the Mustang. Anyone know if the dealer can do that as part of the sale process or if we will need to do it at the DMV (or AAA)?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Sadly for those of us in CA, vanity plates can't be ordered due to COVID. Can't even access the lookup tool to verify potential candidates.
At least your state has a lookup tool! We have no such thing in VT. When you apply for a vanity plate, you have to select up to 3 choices and hope one of them is not already taken. If they are, they send it back and you do it all again. Not exactly the model of efficiency.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
We are planning on transferring our Volt vanity plates (KWHRIDE) to the Mustang. Anyone know if the dealer can do that as part of the sale process or if we will need to do it at the DMV (or AAA)?
They should be able to file the paperwork at the dealer.

Wisconsin Pony Gal

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach 3 Premium AWD (AKA Lightning!)
Country flag
How did you order your vanity plate before you have title for the car?
Just chiming in.... In Wisconsin you can "reserve" available lettering for vanity plates for up to 2 years. Once an auto is titled, you can claim the verbage for the car. I've got my order in for a variant of my pony's name.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Hello 1/24 group! Has anyone seen the green arrow indicator flip in their "in production" indicator yet? Mine is still dark so I think that delay we were afraid of is in effect as we were warned by
Kamuelaflyer and others.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Hello 1/24 group! Has anyone seen the green arrow indicator flip in their "in production" indicator yet? Mine is still dark so I think that delay we were afraid of is in effect as we were warned by
Kamuelaflyer and others.
It's a little early me thinks - usually there is a day or so lag after the car is actually built before it appears on the trackers. So if a car was built today, it would appear tomorrow. So hopefully there will be some colors flipping mid-late this week.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
It's a little early me thinks - usually there is a day or so lag after the car is actually built before it appears on the trackers. So if a car was built today, it would appear tomorrow. So hopefully there will be some colors flipping mid-late this week.
I do hope so! The waiting is killing me! Now I know it's worse for the folks whose cars are sitting at Speedway, but yeah, I'd like to see Some activity. ;)

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
OK- So I have my VIN and Window sticker, dealer said build date was the 24th but when I called Ford-they said the 10th. On Ford tracking it says "in production" but doesn't have a date, BUT shows my window sticker- Any idea what's going on? I kind of gave up trying to figure it all out. I ordered through the dealer since I couldn't make the changes on my reservation that I wanted online- ever since then the tracking page and emails from Ford have been wacko.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
Kamuelaflyer and others.
Where are you looking?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Kamuelaflyer and others.
The factory has been putting in overtime from what I've heard, so they may be caught up as well @MerryBrown. If not, they're not far behind anyway.

Our primary status on the Ford websites lags by a fair bit, I'd not be terribly concerned.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Kamuelaflyer and others.
I would say - if the build week is this week, it will take about 7-10 days to get the build completed and the status change may happen on the day it is completed or a day or two late. It is not very predictable right now.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Just chiming in.... In Wisconsin you can "reserve" available lettering for vanity plates for up to 2 years. Once an auto is titled, you can claim the verbage for the car. I've got my order in for a variant of my pony's name.
Wow, that's a great system.
Sponsored