Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
- if the build week is this week, it will take about 7-10 days to get the build completed and the status change may happen on the day it is completed or a day or two late. It is not very predictable right now.
I think we hit the Nirvana of Build Weeks being just after the decision to rework cars already built. Cars built previously are being reworked by select dealers in USA whilst the Mexico factory focuses on implementing the improvements on our cars when they are first built. Benefits of being a later build. We may get deliveries earlier than some of the earlier build dates.
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I think we hit the Nirvana of Build Weeks being just after the decision to rework cars already built. Cars built previously are being reworked by select dealers in USA whilst the Mexico factory focuses on implementing the improvements on our cars when they are first built. Benefits of being a later build. We may get deliveries earlier than some of the earlier build dates.
I am not sure of getting earlier (My ETA is 3/3) - hope so but not sure. I am thinking the backlog in KC needs to be cleared as well so when we get to KC we may be waiting for transport availability again. Now the cars built this week and next week may see the benefit of some of the reduced backlog in KC by the time they get shipped in about 20 days.

TxTom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE and 2021 Escape PHEV Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Does anyone know what the "build day" (not build week) actually means? I have the day the 27th of week 1/24 per the dealer's internal system. He seems to think it was the start of the build, not the completion date. And he said it can change before or after by a day.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Does anyone know what the "build day" (not build week) actually means? I have the day the 27th of week 1/24 per the dealer's internal system. He seems to think it was the start of the build, not the completion date. And he said it can change before or after by a day.
Build date is the date it's expected to roll off the line.

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
We are planning on transferring our Volt vanity plates (KWHRIDE) to the Mustang. Anyone know if the dealer can do that as part of the sale process or if we will need to do it at the DMV (or AAA)?
Most states do that at the DMV. It is that way here (CO). You must have the title (when paying cash). I do not know what is entailed if you finance. That was along time ago for us. The dealership, depending on their mood, can take a month or more to deliver the title here. Once you have all of the paperwork you get to wait at the DMV for your number to be called. The wait was ~ an hour or so. Probably more now. But once you make it to a clerks desk, it is relatively painless (with all paperwork in hand).

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
Wishful. But I am with you.

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
How did you order your vanity plate before you have title for the car?
I got the vanity plate as a replacement for the plates on my current ride. I'm hoping my timing works right so I'll get the new plates from the DMV right around delivery/trade-in time. Otherwise, It will be one of those vanity plates no one will be able to figure out especially when it's on a Volvo!

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
We are planning on transferring our Volt vanity plates (KWHRIDE) to the Mustang. Anyone know if the dealer can do that as part of the sale process or if we will need to do it at the DMV (or AAA)?
In CT the dealer does that for you...

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
Dealer told me tonight that car should be at the dealership mid March.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I am not sure of getting earlier (My ETA is 3/3) - hope so but not sure. I am thinking the backlog in KC needs to be cleared as well so when we get to KC we may be waiting for transport availability again. Now the cars built this week and next week may see the benefit of some of the reduced backlog in KC by the time they get shipped in about 20 days.
With any luck. That’ll put mine in my driveway sometime in late April. Kansas City could be a quick pit stop compared to the Honolulu docks waiting for space on a barge.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
With any luck. That’ll put mine in my driveway sometime in late April. Kansas City could be a quick pit stop compared to the Honolulu docks waiting for space on a barge.
That you are right. Hope they dont rail yours all the way to KC and then to the west cost ports - not sure they have different way to ship to HI than the the usual KC hub transfer process.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
That you are right. Hope they dont rail yours all the way to KC and then to the west cost ports - not sure they have different way to ship to HI than the the usual KC hub transfer process.
I don’t think they’ll bypass MCI. If they did the California cars would probably be taking that route. IIRC there is a Mexico City - Calexico rail route. But all the Golden State cars head to KC anyway. So ...

Nobody at the dealership remembers how long the Fiesta took when it came from that factory. So who knows?

But there are West Coast of Mexico ports.

OP
OP
NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
I am pretty sure the Build Date is just the date your order was sent to production and once the car is completed, it will have a

Reactions: Nav

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Got the email! I'm built and ready to ship. ETA to Dealer, March 4 - 10.

Not part of this build week club in this thread, but figured it post to give an idea of how things were moving.

Build week 1/4
Build date 1/16
Delivery ETA 3/10

TxTom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE and 2021 Escape PHEV Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am pretty sure the Build Date is just the date your order was sent to production and once the car is completed, it will have a
Another member earlier thinks it is the date the car rolls off the line. Anybody want to offer another thought, to break the tie?
Sponsored