kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
Wasn’t there another update a long, long time ago that had something to do with Wi-Fi and allowing us to connect to hotspots and something else that involved the pop up window? I’m just wondering if @kdonnel experiment is because of that older update and not related to 4.1.3.
Soon after the YouTube update came out I found myself needing to kill time in the car.

I looked to see what wifi was available and found one that was not password protected. I told the car to connect but it never worked.

I then connected to that same wifi on my phone and got presented with a captive portal. I needed to agree to the terms of use.

At least then I was not able to connect to a wifi network that had a captive portal

I never tried again to connect to open public wifi because I figured it would just fail. It makes sense that the second GWM update is 4.1.3 and that enables this feature.
Sponsored

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Problem solved ! FDRS / TCU module configuration fixed the modules HS2, HS3, HS4, MS not been detected. All modules are now green :)
Waiting for new APIM.....
How did you discover the solution? Did OPUS tell you or..?

waltermorel

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER
Country flag

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

richsi

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla M3P, 2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Update on my MME programming. Complete success, no more module updates pending. Updated approximately 32 modules. GPM one time, GWM 5 times, APIM 3 times and others thru the course of the sessions. Approximately 4-6 hours a day for 3 days. This isn't hard but it is very boring and stressful. I was looking for that last update to clear the list, GWM is the last one, the list is clear now. My MME was way out of date the last OTA was in Sept, and then it quit getting anything. So, if your vehicle is way behind 8 hours of programming isn't near enough time. Plan on 18-20 hours, I can't believe any Dealer would even start to do this you have to babysit the vehicle constantly. I do have a Ford Rotunda VCM3 and I can tell you it is fast for downloading files to the vehicle. No, it doesn't help the USB drive programming that's all dependent on your WiFi connection! Here is the list of the module version numbers, if you have questions just ask! No, I don't see BlueCruise yet...Not sure what I should look for? The setting for driver assist doesn't show the switch to activate BlueCruise any help? UPDATED screen shots, view all modules now. Also I took the MME for a drive and yes indeed I do have BlueCruise! Also added the soft button for the Frunk opening to the screen. It's a programming step in FDRS, easy to find....and it works!

Capture_09821_1.PNG

Capture_09821_2.PNG

Capture_09821_3.PNG

Last edited:

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X 5, 2021 Mach E-Premium RWD Job 2
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
Do a network test any you will probably have more current modules show up. IPMA is the bluecruise. It’s a long one took me 3 hours.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do a network test any you will probably have more current modules show up. IPMA is the bluecruise. It’s a long one took me 3 hours.
Well there are a few more...the CCM, CMR, IPC, IPMA, PSCM are all involved.

I don't see what his IPC or IPMA revs are from those screengrabs, but given that his car has had a problem getting OTAs and he knows there have been issues it's possible that he's got one of the cars that is being blocked by an IPC or IPMA misconfiguration and the backend server won't turn BC on for him. It's happened plenty of times to other members here.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
NEVER MIND... GOT THE ANSWER. /Question for all: how to tell which Synch version a car has?/

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In the car?...

Like this?
Ford Mustang Mach-E The Complete DIY Guide to Updating Your Mach-E with FDRS (Alternative to Forscan) Sync_ver

...or do you mean in FDRS?
Haha - I was still on my morning coffee cup when I asked the question. I'm caffeinated now and of course found the answer. Long night with friends last night...

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
@JohnFoxeSheets visited with "Ode to Joy" today and we were able to successfully update his OTA-stuck car.... I think he enjoyed the level driveway and roomy driveway and garage!

Question: Just like my experience, we had to try updating that GWM module 3x before it passed. The failed attempts had us leaving the car door open for 10 or 15 minutes and car off, yet things still failed to update according to FDRS.

Any idea if there's anything we did wrong in the procedure, or can we chalk the 1 out of 3 success rate to just flakey update software from Ford?

Ford Mustang Mach-E The Complete DIY Guide to Updating Your Mach-E with FDRS (Alternative to Forscan) IMG_3130.JPG

richsi

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla M3P, 2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
@JohnFoxeSheets visited with "Ode to Joy" today and we were able to successfully update his OTA-stuck car.... I think he enjoyed the level driveway and roomy driveway and garage!

Question: Just like my experience, we had to try updating that GWM module 3x before it passed. The failed attempts had us leaving the car door open for 10 or 15 minutes and car off, yet things still failed to update according to FDRS.

Any idea if there's anything we did wrong in the procedure, or can we chalk the 1 out of 3 success rate to just flakey update software from Ford?

IMG_3130.JPG
I'm no expert but some things to check. Do you have the latest FDRS software version. Latest updates (drivers) for your Mongoose pass thru device. I have the Ford Rotunda VCM3 pass thru, and my updates all went fine and FAST, but the GWM acted funny and didn't follow the patterns like all the other modules did as far as waiting and such. And the first update I did with the GWM it flashed weird errors but passed all the final checks. Very stressful for sure. Like I said I am no expert just sharing experiences, it's the only way to learn. By the way I'm in the Eastbay area, (Fremont) One other thing I did was shut my cell phone off so phone as key isn't working and took my key FOB and put it into a signal blocker pouch when waiting for the car to go to sleep during that 10 min wait!

Last edited: