First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium Space White
Country flag
Cross-posting: Is there anyone close to Charlotte, NC that has a setup for updates or am I going to have to be the one to dive in? ?
Sponsored

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Not trying to create a tangent, but since it's mentioned in the title:

I've used forscan quite a bit on my other vehicles, but I'm not sure I understand how people are using it to install module updates.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Can FDRS be used on multiple Ford vehicles? I have a 2010 GT500, a 2013 and 2017 Fusion, and of course the Mach E GT.

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I know few of you have the 60A Pro-Logix Flashing Battery Maintainer, but I'd like to know how many others went with this other Pro-Logix solution:

https://cloreautomotive.com/product/pl2320/

I've seen that model linked here by a few others and and wondering if this worked well for you?

Last edited:

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I know few of you have the 60A Pro-Logix Flashing Battery Maintainer, but I'd like to know how many others went with this other Pro-Logix solution:

I've seen that model linked here by a few others and and wondering if this worked well for you?
No experiece with that model, but it looks like it will do up to 20A as a power supply. Just for comparison, the 60A Pro-Logix Flashing Battery Maintainer goes up to 100A in power supply mode. Do you need that much? I don't think so, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

louibluey posted here- https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/fdrs-mach-e.8859/page-3#post-245529 about seeing 36A draw from their external power supply.

My unsolicited logic is:

- I don't want to waste money going overboard, but updating at home is a convenience thing vs. a necessity.
- FDRS warns you to hook up a power supply.
- You have to register to get an FDRS license, and the update history will show who did an update.
- I don't have a direct way to see how long an update will take. Sometimes info gets posted here, but the RFA update that I just ran this morning was longer than I expected.
- Skimping out for a convenience thing and having a problem will cost me a lot more than the few extra dollars for good equipment.

Figure out your own risk tolerance, but that is how I came to buy a Bosch Mastertech II and a PL6100.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag

I like the pl2320 a lot for battery charging, it is light easy to move around and set up. Setting up the pl6100 is a bit of a chore. heavy cables, and I keep mine in the original box, so packing / unpacking. Plus now that it is cold (unheated garage), I run fan over everything in the heated basement for an hour or more to warm it and dry it out (condensation from bringing cold gear into the warm home) before re-packing (old habit from a year of amateur astronomy).

That said, even thought the the pl2320 has a PS mode, the 20A pl2320 current rating is not enough current capacity for programming.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
It's almost like the 21st century version of ham radio, we all have our own customized rigs!
Indeed. Well, I made it through yesterday without bricking my car (fingers crossed.) Still a few modules to update but I thought I'd take a break and drive it for a while and see if any issues crop up as the result of my prior work.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Software Developer/System Admin
Country flag
Can someone with an FRDS license please tell me if my VIN has any available updates?
1FTFW1E80MFA24380
My truck started updating on the 17th and never finished and is in a half installed state and keeps draining my battery.
If the update is available via FRDS I will pay for another 2-day license and update it.
I would ask on the F150 forums but you guys are much more technical here.

Thanks in advance!

dsheib

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD SR, Ducati Multistrada 1200S
Country flag
All of the modules updated fine for me except the door control modules. All 4 fail every time. Anyone else seeing the same thing?
I updated my car that's identical to yours yesterday and they all installed without a problem. I wonder what the issue is?

dsheib

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD SR, Ducati Multistrada 1200S
Country flag
Can someone with an FRDS license please tell me if my VIN has any available updates?
1FTFW1E80MFA24380
My truck started updating on the 17th and never finished and is in a half installed state and keeps draining my battery.
If the update is available via FRDS I will pay for another 2-day license and update it.
I would ask on the F150 forums but you guys are much more technical here.

Thanks in advance!
It looks like a few updates didn't install, I'm attaching the report. Hope this helps.
Sponsored

Attachments