Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
IPMA update is part of a series that cannot be done individually.
I know that the mongoose cable is quite expensive, but at least it just works.
It is FDRS that sometimes just crashes. (reboot laptop fixes this)

The drop of voltage is something i also had during IPMA flashing on my GT. Somehow it dropped from 14.3 to as low as 11.2 !! And this was with a 30 Amps charger connected. That charger worked overtime.

After the IPMA flash i first waited for the battery to come back up to at least 13.

I guess i need to have a more heavy charger.....
The Mongoose adapter is definitely worth it. However, the one I purchased from Amazon arrived used and I got them to refund me 50%. Now that’s a success.
Sponsored

noway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
What is the correct version to have for the latest version of CCM? As far as I can see my profile I created with Forscan before starting anything in FDRS was -AH, but FDRS shows -AK after network scan. It still shows CCM update as available.

Calvin4000

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Harley Livewire, BMW 1250GS
Occupation
System Engineer
Country flag

PeeKay

First Name
Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What is the correct version to have for the latest version of CCM? As far as I can see my profile I created with Forscan before starting anything in FDRS was -AH, but FDRS shows -AK after network scan. It still shows CCM update as available.
There should be a -AL file in your FDRS cache, if it downloaded it correctly during the previous flash attempt.

noway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
Yes, I found it and got it flashed to the CCM with Forscan. I am having issues now with FDRS not being ble to ID my vehicle (already before flashing the -AL).. possibly caused by wrong combination of module versions. Running the IPMI update now to see if it solves the issue, since I already have the PSCM and driver monitoring module in "this series" updated.

With not being able to ID the vehicle it does not seem to update the module list, even if I am able to start FDRS in offline mode and run a full network test.

Arjan

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Yes, I found it and got it flashed to the CCM with Forscan. I am having issues now with FDRS not being ble to ID my vehicle (already before flashing the -AL).. possibly caused by wrong combination of module versions. Running the IPMI update now to see if it solves the issue, since I already have the PSCM and driver monitoring module in "this series" updated.

With not being able to ID the vehicle it does not seem to update the module list, even if I am able to start FDRS in offline mode and run a full network test.
Your car needs some me time. Lock it and let it sleep for 15 minutes. Reboot the laptop and it will work fine.

PeeKay

First Name
Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

If this latest issue started right after flashing CCM with -AL version, then maybe flashing the -AH or -AK version might revert it back to a working state.

If it wasnt, then tracking back to what triggered the FDRS id'ing vehicle issue would be a path to explore.

noway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
I had seen the same thing happen before doing the -AL update, but don't remember if it was before the -AK or not. It is possible -AK was not a valid image for this configuration, it was just the latest Forscan know about. Anyway had already flashed the two other modules in the same package, so it will not be a valid configuratation until all of them are reverted or IPMA is finished. I don't want to revert anything that has been "used" since it could have made configuration/data that is not compatible (something I assume is possible from being a software developer myself). I am on the 3rd hour on the IPMA update with FDRS, think it is writing the last huge package now at 57% (Block 3 of 4) ML3T-14H102-GAP

I think I may just let it try to run the CCM update also since it does not yet know it is already at -AL, possibly just discovering it when starting the update and then not doing anything.. worst case is that I have to flash it again from Forscan.

Btw.. using Teamviewer to be able to monitor the process on another computer rather than sitting in the car for several hours.

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For the folks who have done all the updates to their Job 1 car have you been able to activate Blue Cruise? Or did blue Cruise only become active after receiving an email from Ford indicating you were getting BC? I’m in the BC EA group but have not heard anything and thinking about using FDRS to do the updates. Thanks

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
For the folks who have done all the updates to their Job 1 car have you been able to activate Blue Cruise? Or did blue Cruise only become active after receiving an email from Ford indicating you were getting BC? I’m in the BC EA group but have not heard anything and thinking about using FDRS to do the updates. Thanks
Yes. I have a job 1 car in BC early access and I was able to get it loaded via FDRS. Never received an email from Ford. 2 days after using it for the first time, FordPass told me Blue Cruise was now active.

Check your Power Up / OTA version before springing for a FDRS subscription. If you haven’t been offered at least 2.4.2 or maybe 2.4.3, then I doubt FDRS will offer you the modules you need. At least that’s what my experience was, it’s probably changing all the time and we don’t know exactly.

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes. I have a job 1 car in BC early access and I was able to get it loaded via FDRS. Never received an email from Ford. 2 days after using it for the first time, FordPass told me Blue Cruise was now active.

Check your Power Up / OTA version before springing for a FDRS subscription. If you haven’t been offered at least 2.4.2 or maybe 2.4.3, then I doubt FDRS will offer you the modules you need. At least that’s what my experience was, it’s probably changing all the time and we don’t know exactly.
Thanks for the quick reply. I’m currently at 2.4.1 I leave on a 2,500 mile road trip in a month so I’ll hold off for now and hopefully will get updated before then. If not I’ll see what I can do via FDRS.

PeeKay

First Name
Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have Blue cruise after updating via FDRS. No email or notification.
Expiry date is incorrect, and corresponds to the mistaken update of BC subscription that was up on the Ford website, last year.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Expiry date is incorrect, and corresponds to the mistaken update of BC subscription that was up on the Ford website, last year.
What's your expiration date?

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Have you checked the expiration date on the Ford website under Connected Services? Others have seen the expiration date in the car showing 6 months out as that is when the BC maps expire but the Ford website shows the subscription expiring in a year.
Sponsored