generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
10-9-2022

There is no Blue cruise section in connected services... yet.

I have used it for a week so far.
That's just the map expiration, which is the same for everyone. The BlueCruise subscription expiration is separate.

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
10-9-2022

There is no Blue cruise section in connected services... yet.

I have used it for a week so far.
I had it for about 10 days. I had to enable it in the menus.

Things people thinking they have BlueCruise on their Job 1 cars to check:
Is the Sync Version now 22034_PRODUCT revision 364?
Does the car have a colored bar to the right of pop-up messages in the driver's display, likely with an okay?
Is there a menu selection under the Cruise Control settings that says "Lane Centering with Hands-Free"?

If you answer yes to all the questions, you may have Blue Cruise. Make sure the "Lane Centering with Hands-Free" is turned on AND turn on lane centering using the control on the left side of the steering wheel.

PeeKay

First Name
Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had it for about 10 days. I had to enable it in the menus.

Things people thinking they have BlueCruise on their Job 1 cars to check:
Is the Sync Version now 22034_PRODUCT revision 364?
Does the car have a colored bar to the right of pop-up messages in the driver's display, likely with an okay?
Is there a menu selection under the Cruise Control settings that says "Lane Centering with Hands-Free"?

If you answer yes to all the questions, you may have Blue Cruise. Make sure the "Lane Centering with Hands-Free" is turned on AND turn on lane centering using the control on the left side of the steering wheel.
I've driven hands free with the IPC all Blue screen indicating as such. Don't just see it in connected services, no FordPass notification.

The Gods at Ford, do what they do.

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I've driven hands free with the IPC all Blue screen indicating as such. Don't just see it in connected services, no FordPass notification.

The Gods at Ford, do what they do.
Ford does not think you have it yet. I think doing the updates through FDRS temporarily throws off the OTA server. I had to get a failed update with a permanent inhibit cause for Ford to recognize my car had BlueCruise and I got the welcome message two days later.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Ford does not think you have it yet. I think doing the updates through FDRS temporarily throws off the OTA server. I had to get a failed update with a permanent inhibit cause for Ford to recognize my car had BlueCruise and I got the welcome message two days later.
I was trying to check mine just now, and the Ford sign-in page seems to be broken for me. Just spinning and spinning even before I get the to password fields.

noway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
I think I have to give up my attempts to do updates on this crappy adapter. What happens now is that FDRS shows a whole lot of modules is offline (grey), that is all modules on the CAN-FD bus except IPMA, which makes me believe this adapter simply cannot handle the bus, possibly some modules are upgrading the baudrate on the bus and the adapter does not understand. Forscan is seeing some modules FDRS is not seeing with this adapter, but it fails to load error codes during initial scan on some modules, which is another sign that the adapter is wrong.. again.

The IPMA update did succeed, but getting another version than others are showing (mine has another prefix), this could be because it is an EU version, so I am not so concerned about that. It still wanted to run the CCM update, and failed again (but now it faling concistently on step 76), just had to re-flash it with Forscan again.

FDRS is not able to ID vehicle when connected, Forscan is also failing on ID, but this could be because PCM is updated and the latest beta version does not know about this version (could be that it works with the latest stable). By using Forscan with OBDLink EX all modules are online, version on the CCM is still -AL when reading via firmware update service procedure, and error codes seems to be about the same as before. Everything is working.. no errors in car so probably will just leave things as-is for a while and see if the car sends a network scan to FDRS. I did a full reboot of the car today with 12V disconnect, in case there are some data missing. A little bit concerned about what happens when a Ford technician plugs the vehicle in and tries to do connect, but hopefully with a proper adapter all the modules are reporting correctly and it fixes the issue.

I wish I could get the Mongoose adapter, but it would cost around 650 USD for me, which is too much for now..

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Which leads me to another question for those who have already done this with FDRS......I have successfully brought my Job 1 F-150 Powerboost into the BC world after spending about 15 hours yesterday doing it. And am in the process of starting the Job 1 Mach-E that I have now.

Firstly, I have never gotten an OTA on either vehicle that I know of. I live in a rural area and didn't have decent internet until three days ago. All of my updates (until yesterday) were performed by the service tech at the dealership where I bought both vehicles. But I became a bit frustrated with this BC roll-out process and decided to jump in and get it done.

When I started on the F-150 I followed general guidance that suggested that the GWM should always be updated first because of it's connectivity to everything else. So that's what I did, and it turned out that it was a USB update. There were other USB updates later in the day but that was the first.

So today I started on the Mach-E and, same thing, the GWM needed updating and it's a USB update (going on as I write this).

So it got me thinking, if the GWM is the key to getting all the other updates done, assuming OTAs need to have this done first as well.....does that mean that if nobody ever updates your GWM with the USB stick that you won't get OTAs until somebody does?

I'm trying to understand why I have so many modules that haven't been updated. I did have my car plugged in every night and told it to check every day (after the service tech did the update that included multi-day scheduling after my APIM replacement).

I do live in a rural area, but I'm assuming my car talks to the mothership every once in a while.

Anyway, back to the FDRS updating. It's going to be a long day....

Mike

Last edited:

noway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
FDRS picked up the CCM module version today, so it is now -AL in FDRS, after it got switched back to -AH for a while. Turns out this adapter seems to only be able to pick up one of the CAN-FD modules each network scan, and usually it is the IPMA module it will detect, but today it picked up the CCM module and got its version, which it now has sent to the mothership! This means that it is possible to successfully update the CCM module using Forscan and an OBDLink MX adapter, and FDRS will accept it (after a while).

I have run a few of the USB based updates last two days, APIM first, unlocked GWM update, which unlocked another APIM and a TCU, which then unlocked another GWM update, but now I think the ICC is keeping it back. Another off-board charge controller update and the RFA update done also.. I am now trying to see if I can get it completely updated just using the crappy VXDIAG-clone adapter. I used a Western Digital 2TB My Passport external hard drive with a 100GB ExFAT partion I also used for Sync 3 updates a while ago for the USB based update which seems to work fine, and it is significantly faster than most thumb drives.

I have had no other failures during writing on any other CAN-based programming with the adapter other than the CCM module, but it cannot successfully do a full network scan, so I will suggest avoiding to do so for anyone trying to update using cheap china adapters. It seems that the update prorgram will update the mothership for each update anyway for the specific module being update, but network scan is required if the modules are updated outside FDRS to get the correct version.

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
FDRS picked up the CCM module version today, so it is now -AL in FDRS, after it got switched back to -AH for a while. Turns out this adapter seems to only be able to pick up one of the CAN-FD modules each network scan, and usually it is the IPMA module it will detect, but today it picked up the CCM module and got its version, which it now has sent to the mothership! This means that it is possible to successfully update the CCM module using Forscan and an OBDLink MX adapter, and FDRS will accept it (after a while).

I have run a few of the USB based updates last two days, APIM first, unlocked GWM update, which unlocked another APIM and a TCU, which then unlocked another GWM update, but now I think the ICC is keeping it back. Another off-board charge controller update and the RFA update done also.. I am now trying to see if I can get it completely updated just using the crappy VXDIAG-clone adapter. I used a Western Digital 2TB My Passport external hard drive with a 100GB ExFAT partion I also used for Sync 3 updates a while ago for the USB based update which seems to work fine, and it is significantly faster than most thumb drives.

I have had no other failures during writing on any other CAN-based programming with the adapter other than the CCM module, but it cannot successfully do a full network scan, so I will suggest avoiding to do so for anyone trying to update using cheap china adapters. It seems that the update prorgram will update the mothership for each update anyway for the specific module being update, but network scan is required if the modules are updated outside FDRS to get the correct version.
Thanks for the observation. I just assumed FDRS showed the latest version of module firmware. There is sequencing involved, which explains the series of OTA updates that updates some modules more than once.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Does anyone have a link to a cheap connector for purchase in the UK? I’m very close to trying this myself.

noway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
Does anyone have a link to a cheap connector for purchase in the UK? I’m very close to trying this myself.
Currently it seems that it is not possible to get a cheap device that actually can program all modules, the VXDIAG NANO and its clones can apparently do all except for the CCM module. These costs from 100 to 150USD, so not "cheap" but cheap compared to those that actually works for all modules and supports all the diagnostics features.

The problem is that the CCM module has to be reflashed if it fails, but it CAN be done using Forscan, but it will work just because Forscan does not require using J2534 compatible drivers, which means ELM327 with flashing capabilities can be used, but be prepared for issues with FDRS after, at least avoid doing network scans.. If it is not reflashed all features using the radar will not work at all until it is fixed. It will still require a good quality ELM327 adapter capable of flashing firmware, which not necessary all are. Most ELM327 adapters does not support HSCAN which is a requirement for full support.

This is the one I have used: https://www.amazon.com/VXDIAG-Diagnostic-Interface-Supports-Compatible/dp/B082X9Y7WQ
It is not a VXDIAG, it is a clone of VXDIAG, and VXDIAG is a clone of the clones of the VCM II device using its own (china) software. VCM II => hardware clones which run VCM II real software => cloned to cheaper devices running its own software, but having a J2534 driver (VXDIAG) => cloned again with the STIC device being the result of that. The good thing about VXDIAG is that it seems it is possible to get firmware updates for VXDIAG adapters, which is not the case for the STIC device.

But.. the same thing also applies to ELM327 devices, where the ELM327 software was copied and installed to clones, then clones of the clones were made which was not compatible with the original hardware, then with some other software acting as ELM327, and as time goes by the clones have developed into different branches, some of them being advertised as "newer versions" of ELM327.

For flashing via Forscan I used this: https://www.amazon.com/OBDLink-EX-FORScan-OBD-Adapter/dp/B081VQVD3F?ref_=ast_sto_dp (I do not confirm that this is a genuine device being sold on this link! please verify!)

noway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
My complete list of strategy numbers taken from Forscan after updating until FDRS says no more updates are available:
SOBDMB - LJ98-14H297-DD
SOBDMC - LJ98-14G069-BAG
BECM - NJ98-14C197-BB
SOBDM - LJ98-14F476-AS
PCM - MJ98-14C204-BAJ
ACCM - LJ9H-14D491-AB
SODR - ML3T-14H094-AH
SODL - ML3T-14H094-BH
CMR - ML3T-3G604-XH
CCM - ML3T-14D049-AL
ABS - LK9C-2D053-CD
PACM - LJ8T-14G493-AB
DCDC - LJ98-14D459-AC
PSCM - LJ9C-14D003-AM
BdyCM - MU5T-14C184-ACM
GWM - LJ8T-14H021-EKK
IPMA - ML3T-14H102-ABS
OBCC - LJ98-14G684-AM
SODCMD - ML3T-14H094-CH
SODCMC - ML3T-14H094-DH
BCMC - L1MT-14G630-BJ
APIM - MU5T-14G676-EG
DCMH - LJ8A-14G477-AH
DCMG - LJ8A-14G484-AH
DCME - LJ8A-14G470-AH
GFM - LJ8B-14H121-AE
DSP - M1PT-14C589-AM
RGTM - JX7T-14C121-AP
DCMF - LJ8A-14G463-AH
TCU - MU5T-14H085-DG
DSM - MU5T-14C030-AH
PDM - JX7T-14C108-BC
DDM - JX7T-14C064-BC
RCM - LJ8T-14C028-AB
HCM - ML34-14D063-AD
HVAC - LJ8T-18D619-AJ
GSM - LJ9P-14G395-AG
RFA - MU5T-14G623-AM
ACM - JX7T-14C302-CNS
WACM - LL1T-14G583-AA
SCCM - LJ8T-14C579-AB
IPC - LU5T-10F906-AA

I don't think we have gotten the newest versions on the APIM module in EU yet. Forscan also reports newer versions of the HCM/Headlamp Control Module and GSM/Gear Shift Module has been seen.

The ICC update was a little bit confusing.. it said specifically in this to "be patient and wait" and "when asked to restart, turn ignition OFF". I assumed it meant to switch off and click Yes on "update done" as soon as it said to leave car and get back. It ran the ROM write sequence afterwards and then complained it had the wrong version, (at that point it still had the old style on screen). I left the car and did a full lock and unlock sequence as with the other updates, and it booted with the new style and re-running update was successfull. I assume now it wanted a full lock sequence instead of just OFF and then key on/engine off agan, but since it specifically said it wanted OFF when asked to restart I just had to assume it wanted something different than before.. I did the ICC update after ALL other updates was run, leaving it until absolutely last.

Including all the other fields (except VIN and distance):
SOBDMB - Secondary OBD Control Module B
Part number: LJ98-7S008-AA
Calibration level: LJ98-7S008-AA
Strategy : LJ98-14H297-DD

SOBDMC - Secondary OBD Control Module C
Part number: LJ98-7P120-AD
Calibration level: LJ98-7P120-AD
Strategy : LJ98-14G069-BAG

BECM - Battery Energy Control Module
Part number: LJ98-10B687-BG
Calibration level: LJ98-10B687-BG
Strategy : NJ98-14C197-BB

SOBDM - Secondary OBD Control Module A
Part number: LJ98-10B689-VD
Calibration level: LJ98-10B689-VD
Strategy : LJ98-14F476-AS
Calibration: LJ98-14F477-BS

PCM - Powertrain Control Module
Part number: MJ98-12A650-VA
Calibration level: MJ98-12A650-VA
Strategy : MJ98-14C204-BAJ
Hardware type: LJ98-12B684-AE

ACCM - Air Conditioning Control Module
Part number: LJ9H-19F611-AB
Calibration level: LJ9H-19F611-AB
Strategy : LJ9H-14D491-AB

SODR - Side Obstacle Detection Control Module - Right
Part number: ML3T-14H031-AH
Calibration level: ML3T-14H031-AH
Strategy : ML3T-14H094-AH

SODL - Side Obstacle Detection Control Module - Left
Part number: ML3T-14H031-BH
Calibration level: ML3T-14H031-BH
Strategy : ML3T-14H094-BH

CMR - Camera Module Rear
Part number: LJ8T-3G590-AH
Calibration level: LJ8T-3G590-AH
Strategy : ML3T-3G604-XH
Calibration: LJ8T-3G605-XG

CCM - Cruise Control
Part number: ML3T-9G768-AH
Calibration level: ML3T-9G768-AH
Strategy : ML3T-14D049-AL

ABS - Antilock braking system
Part number: LJ9C-2C219-AK
Calibration level: LJ9C-2C219-AK
Strategy : LK9C-2D053-CD

PACM - Pedestrian Alert Control Module
Part number: LJ8T-14G113-BB
Calibration level: LJ8T-14G113-BB
Strategy : ML3T-14G492-BB
Calibration: LJ8T-14G493-AB

DCDC - DC to DC Converter Control Module
Part number: LJ98-14B227-AF
Calibration level: LJ98-14B227-AF
Strategy : LJ98-14D459-AC

PSCM - Power Steering Control Module
Part number: LJ9C-3F964-AL
Calibration level: LJ9C-3F964-AL
Strategy : LJ9C-14D003-AM
Calibration: LJ9C-14D004-AAM

BdyCM - Body Control Module
Part number: MU5T-14B476-JCJ
Calibration level: MU5T-14B476-JCJ
Strategy : MU5T-14C184-ACM

GWM - Gateway Module A
Part number: MU5T-14G650-ACC
Calibration level: MU5T-14G650-ACC
Strategy : LJ8T-14H021-EKK

IPMA - Image Processing Module A
Part number: LJ8T-14G647-NA
Calibration level: LJ8T-14G647-NA
Strategy : ML3T-14H102-ABS
Calibration: ML3T-14H103-AAJ

OBCC - Off-Board Charger Control
Part number: LJ98-14G568-AH
Calibration level: LJ98-14G568-AH
Strategy : LJ98-14G684-AM

SODCMD - Side Obstacle Detection Control Module D
Part number: ML3T-14H031-CH
Calibration level: ML3T-14H031-CH
Strategy : ML3T-14H094-CH

SODCMC - Side Obstacle Detection Control Module C
Part number: ML3T-14H031-DH
Calibration level: ML3T-14H031-DH
Strategy : ML3T-14H094-DH

BCMC - Body Control Module C
Part number: LJ8T-14D068-HAC
Calibration level: LJ8T-14D068-HAC
Strategy : L1MT-14G630-BJ
Calibration: LJ8T-14G631-AB

APIM - Accessory Protocol Interface Module
Part number: MU5T-14G670-SNN
Calibration level: MU5T-14G670-SNN
Strategy : MU5T-14G676-EG
Calibration: MU5T-14G677-ADA

DCMH - Door Control Module H
Part number: LJ8A-14G460-AH
Calibration level: LJ8A-14G460-AH
Strategy : LJ8A-14G477-AH
Calibration: LJ8A-14G478-AH

DCMG - Door Control Module G
Part number: LJ8A-14G461-AH
Calibration level: LJ8A-14G461-AH
Strategy : LJ8A-14G484-AH
Calibration: LJ8A-14G485-AH

DCME - Door Control Module E
Part number: LJ8A-14G459-CH
Calibration level: LJ8A-14G459-CH
Strategy : LJ8A-14G470-AH
Calibration: LJ8A-14G471-AH

GFM - Generic Function Module
Part number: LJ8B-14F008-AE
Calibration level: LJ8B-14F008-AE
Strategy : LJ8B-14H121-AE

DSP - (Audio) Digital Signal Processing Module
Part number: M1PT-18B849-AL
Calibration level: M1PT-18B849-AL
Strategy : M1PT-14C589-AM

RGTM - Rear Gate/Trunk Module
Part number: JX7T-14B673-BB
Calibration level: JX7T-14B673-BB
Strategy : JX7T-14C121-AP

DCMF - Door Control Module F
Part number: LJ8A-14G458-CH
Calibration level: LJ8A-14G458-CH
Strategy : LJ8A-14G463-AH
Calibration: LJ8A-14G464-AH

TCU - Telematic Control Unit Module
Part number: MU5T-14H074-CAS
Calibration level: MU5T-14H074-CAS
Strategy : MU5T-14H085-DG

DSM - Driver's Seat Module
Part number: MU5T-14C708-BG
Calibration level: MU5T-14C708-BG
Strategy : MU5T-14C030-AH

PDM - Passengers Door Control Unit
Part number: JX7T-14B533-BC
Calibration level: JX7T-14B533-BC
Strategy : JX7T-14C108-BC

DDM - Drivers Door Module
Part number: JX7T-14B531-BC
Calibration level: JX7T-14B531-BC
Strategy : JX7T-14C064-BC

RCM - Restraint Control Module
Part number: LJ8T-14B321-XC
Calibration level: LJ8T-14B321-XC
Strategy : LJ8T-14C028-AB

HCM - Headlamp Control Module
Part number: LJ8B-13C148-AD
Calibration level: LJ8B-13C148-AD
Strategy : ML34-14D063-AD

HVAC - Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning
Part number: LJ8T-18C612-AG
Calibration level: LJ8T-18C612-AG
Strategy : LJ8T-18D619-AJ

GSM - Gear Shift Module
Part number: LJ9P-7P155-AG
Calibration level: LJ9P-7P155-AG
Strategy : LJ9P-14G395-AG
Calibration: LJ9P-14G396-AG

RFA - Remote Function Actuator
Part number: MU5T-14G617-AG
Calibration level: MU5T-14G617-AG
Strategy : MU5T-14G623-AM

ACM - Audio Control Module
Part number: LJ8T-18K810-ZHG
Calibration level: LJ8T-18K810-ZHG
Strategy : JX7T-14C302-CNS
Calibration: JX7T-14C303-ZHG

WACM - Wireless Accessory Charging Module
Part number: M1PT-19J235-AA
Calibration level: LL1T-19J235-AA
Strategy : LL1T-14G583-AA
Calibration: LL1T-14G584-AA

SCCM - Steering Column Control Module
Part number: LJ8T-3F944-AC
Calibration level: LJ8T-3F944-AC
Strategy : LJ8T-14C579-AB

IPC - Instrument Panel Control Module
Part number: LJ8T-10849-BL
Calibration level: LJ8T-10849-BL
Strategy : LU5T-10F906-AA

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I'm going to go search around more, but is anyone getting a failed to flash IPMA ML3T-14H102-ABS error?

All codes cleared, but I'm not able to do the latest IPMA update (multi-module). I saw the post with the order of updates after I had started and didn't perform them in this order- https://www.macheforum.com/site/attachments/bluecruise-update-procedure-pdf.59746/

I'm using a Bosch Mastertech II, so I don't think I'm running into an issue there.

Ford Mustang Mach-E The Complete DIY Guide to Updating Your Mach-E with FDRS (Alternative to Forscan) Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 9.22.48 PM

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I'm going to go search around more, but is anyone getting a failed to flash IPMA ML3T-14H102-ABS error?

All codes cleared, but I'm not able to do the latest IPMA update (multi-module). I saw the post with the order of updates after I had started and didn't perform them in this order- https://www.macheforum.com/site/attachments/bluecruise-update-procedure-pdf.59746/

I'm using a Bosch Mastertech II, so I don't think I'm running into an issue there.

Ford Mustang Mach-E The Complete DIY Guide to Updating Your Mach-E with FDRS (Alternative to Forscan) Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 9.22.48 PM
My GT failed that update the first try, and upon a retry it basically completed almost instantly because everything was updated. It just didn't detect it properly or something after flashing. Also verified all the files were flashed with Forscan. I will say mine failed with a different, more generic error though.