Reaction score
Website
www.ford-suv-freunde.com
Vehicles
Escape MY17, Puma MY20, Mach E MY22 AWD ER TP2
Occupation
retired buyer
Country flag
hi, I am from Germany and I also have the original UCDS and did some changes on Fiesta, Explorer, Escape and Puma. My Mach E will arrive late Nov. / early Dec.

Which changes -next to updates- did you already accompish? no matter which device you used UCDS, ForScan, FRDS

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
MacBooks with the new Apple chipset won't work. Virtual machines are a no-go, too.
Correct. I just figured he might not have a new laptop with the Apple chipset.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
A lot of people have gotten computers that are spec'd way under the published minimum and have been able to run FDRS. I wouldn't recommend it, but there you are. I'm picking up a used Thinkpad i5 machine for $200, which should be just fine. Now I have to save kibble for a Mongoose+ cable. 🤪🐩

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
A lot of people have gotten computers that are spec'd way under the published minimum and have been able to run FDRS. I wouldn't recommend it, but there you are. I'm picking up a used Thinkpad i5 machine for $200, which should be just fine. Now I have to save kibble for a Mongoose+ cable. 🤪🐩
I used a very old 1GB RAM HP laptop and it ran fine, I just couldn’t get past the screen with the new login but worked before that. Now I’m using a $99 ASUS from BestBuy. It works great

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
To be clear, my FDRS installation is on a laptop that falls below the minimum specs. But, if I were purchasing something for use today, I would definitely get something better that exceeded the minimum specs. You're talking an additional $200-$300 at best.

It's not cheap software, and it could be versioned up during an annual subscription in a way that doesn't allow it to work on some hardware. Seems like a silly place to economize if you're serious about updating your car.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Did the new PCM, etc. updates today, didn't have a new GWM update on my Job 2 2021 after a network scan.

I did run into an issue where my APIM was throwing an error and wouldn't clear no matter what I did - drove it, let it sit for a while off, etc. I finally redid the IPC config file and it cleared it right away. Still always get that super pesky VDM DTC that takes multiple on and offs to clear and it just comes right back.

"Invalid Data Received From ECM/PCM 'B'"

Are those even modules I can update? There is no "ECM" but I did the "BECM" to see if that works. No dice. PCM "B" I cannot find, but redid the PCM again, still no dice.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I believe I succeeded in my attempt to update the APIM.

I believe my initial problem was formatting the USB stick as FAT32 instead of exFAT.

My SYNC 4 Software Version went from:
22179_PRODUCT Revision: 478
to
22228_PRODUCT Revision: 539

It looks like I have applied all outstanding updates. Hopefully new ones do not appear for awhile as my 2 day license will expire tonight.
Got a new APIM update this morning on my Lightning...to the same Sync version you got.

I have no idea what was changed though....but it was a full 3GB download and a shed-load of packages got updated...
Ford Mustang Mach-E The Complete DIY Guide to Updating Your Mach-E with FDRS (Alternative to Forscan) IMG_3435

Strangely the F188 revision version stayed the same "-DT" as it had been from the previous update that had enabled dual phones, etc.

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
Got a new APIM update this morning on my Lightning...to the same Sync version you got.

I have no idea what was changed though....but it was a full 3GB download and a shed-load of packages got updated...
Ford Mustang Mach-E The Complete DIY Guide to Updating Your Mach-E with FDRS (Alternative to Forscan) IMG_3435

Strangely the F188 revision version stayed the same "-DT" as it had been from the previous update that had enabled dual phones, etc.
I have seen a great improvement in the two complaints I had after the 3.2.1 Power up. After that power up I had to reboot sync once, twice, or more times a day to get profiles to be selectable or for maps in Carplay to work.

I got the 3.5.2 power up just a few days before I applied this APIM update so I don't know which helped but I have not had to reboot sync since, maps in Carplay work, and if my profile is not selected automatically I am able to press my picture and the car changes to my profile.

One or both updates seemingly contained some needed bug fixes.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I have seen a great improvement in the two complaints I had after the 3.2.1 Power up. After that power up I had to reboot sync once, twice, or more times a day to get profiles to be selectable or for maps in Carplay to work.

I got the 3.5.2 power up just a few days before I applied this APIM update so I don't know which helped but I have not had to reboot sync since, maps in Carplay work, and if my profile is not selected automatically I am able to press my picture and the car changes to my profile.

One or both updates seemingly contained some needed bug fixes.
Maybe we can get some feedback from @WyldStallyn on what the update was supposed to do. Cause I haven't seen anything definitive.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
To be clear, my FDRS installation is on a laptop that falls below the minimum specs. But, if I were purchasing something for use today, I would definitely get something better that exceeded the minimum specs. You're talking an additional $200-$300 at best.

It's not cheap software, and it could be versioned up during an annual subscription in a way that doesn't allow it to work on some hardware. Seems like a silly place to economize if you're serious about updating your car.
I just bought a used ThinkPad with an i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Win 10 Pro for cheap. Should be fine at least for now. Now I just have to save my kibble for that Mongoose+ interface and a power supply. 🤪🐩
Sponsored