Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I might go with the FORScan option. Last time I reset SYNC it killed my connected features, Charging status and Trip planner in FordPass. This update re-enabled those features but I dont want to lose them again...
I should probably say reboot, use the Vol - and > buttons, not the menu option. Reboot shouldn't affect connected features.
Sponsored

Obie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium 4X
Country flag
Oooo. Ford Streaming options are now showing up in my Connected Services. $10/mo

EV_Vida

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CR1
Country flag
EDIT - Check the chart above to make sure you don't enable or disable something you don't intend to.

If you make the change the APIM will have to be reset twice.
Frunk Soft Switch Enabled:
7D0-09-04 XXXX XXX3 XXXX
I actually changed it to xxx5 for my CR1 and while the screen shows the frunk, pressing the screen does actually nothing. CR1 Trim may not be able to do this?

PeeKay

First Name
Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got the offer for streaming services too, after applying the APIM update. Question is, will the streaming apps show up on the screen, if one is not subscribed to the streaming service.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I got the offer for streaming services too, after applying the APIM update. Question is, will the streaming apps show up on the screen, if one is not subscribed to the streaming service.
It's been answered 500 times and is even on the footnote: Ford streaming plan is required OR you can be connected to WiFi to stream. So, as it stands, yes.

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
How long should I be outside of the car when the GWM tells me to exit and lock the vehicle?

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
How long should I be outside of the car when the GWM tells me to exit and lock the vehicle?
When I applied the GWM update it stated:

To complete the update:
1. Turn the vehicle off
2. Make sure the driver's door is open.
3. Wait 10 minutes.
4. Turn the vehicle on to confirm the update status

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I usually wait until IPC off completely and then give it another couple of minutes. This has always been enough.
When I applied the GWM update it stated:

To complete the update:
1. Turn the vehicle off
2. Make sure the driver's door is open.
3. Wait 10 minutes.
4. Turn the vehicle on to confirm the update status
Same process for the big APIM update or should I be out of the car longer?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I turn the car off, open the door for about 5 seconds, close the door and then watch the headlight switch, when the headlight switch's orange light goes off (which takes 30 seconds after you close the door), I then wait another 5 seconds for good measure and then turn the car on.

It has been pretty flawless! If you don't wait for the headlight switch's orange light to turn off, it won't have fully turned off and you'll get the same pop up message telling you to get the eff out of the car.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I turn the car off, open the door for about 5 seconds, close the door and then watch the headlight switch, when the headlight switch's orange light goes off (which takes 30 seconds after you close the door), I then wait another 5 seconds for good measure and then turn the car on.

It has been pretty flawless! If you don't wait for the headlight switch's orange light to turn off, it won't have fully turned off and you'll get the same pop up message telling you to get the eff out of the car.
I'm gonna try that next time.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I actually changed it to xxx5 for my CR1 and while the screen shows the frunk, pressing the screen does actually nothing. CR1 Trim may not be able to do this?
When you use the door keypad and enter your code and then the 7/8 button does your frunk open?

EV_Vida

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CR1
Country flag
When you use the door keypad and enter your code and then the 7/8 button does your frunk open?
Looks like I also need to update BCM and GCM software via FDRS in addition to APIM. I only updated APIM, oops! When I sign up for the 2-day license can I simply target those two items only to achieve frunk opening?
Sponsored