Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
If someone could catch this message and post the maintenance window here, I’d sincerely appreciate it. I was going to buy a 48 hour license for the first time tomorrow morning, and I don’t want to waste it finding out that the service is actually down after I do. Thanks!
Ford Mustang Mach-E The Complete DIY Guide to Updating Your Mach-E with FDRS (Alternative to Forscan) 1665168045307
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
If someone could catch this message and post the maintenance window here, I’d sincerely appreciate it. I was going to buy a 48 hour license for the first time tomorrow morning, and I don’t want to waste it finding out that the service is actually down after I do. Thanks!
FDRS Help
  • FDRS will be undergoing maintenance on Friday, October 7th from 8:00 PM EDT to 10:00 PM EDT. Users may not be able to ID vehicles during this time.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wonder if this maintenance event is to sort out the failure of FDRS to download session logs on VINs/days where there were a shed-load of line entries (50+ lines at least). I've run into that a bunch of times recently.

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
Except this is all done with your car fully on LOL. Once you start the USB download, you can turn the car off or do whatever you want. For the car to install from the USB, the car has to be fully on. Zero chance of draining your battery and super pointless to lug out your power supply for this.
In theory…yes…but if you follow FDRS to the letter, you are downloading for 2.5 hours in accessory mode.. My LVB dropped to 11.7V during the download so I popped my 50A PSU on. Then it started raining, so I took that away and just turned the car fully on.

FDRS clearly tells you to put a PSU on before it starts and this is one of the reasons why I guess. Like you, I thought…na I’ll be good…but watching the LVB voltage like a hawk.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Job 1 2021 Mach-E (SR AWD)
Country flag
APIM, GWM and TCU don't need a power supply, they update while the car is in READY mode.
I know that (and knew somebody was going to be "well actually..." guy.)

You're missing the point. Not all are that way, and it's better to err on the side of caution across the board in my opinion.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag

You're missing the point. Not all are that way, and it's better to err on the side of caution across the board in my opinion.
Well... actually... it is pretty accurate in this case. Why would you use an instance that doesn't require a power supply to say "that's why you need a power supply?"

Other than the IPMA, most updates are pretty quick. I'll be sure to report back when I brick my car from never using a power supply but for the IPMA. This one isn't a joke, I really will as I'm on borrowed time!

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Job 1 2021 Mach-E (SR AWD)
Country flag
Well... actually... it is pretty accurate in this case. Why would you use an instance that doesn't require a power supply to say "that's why you need a power supply?"

Other than the IPMA, most updates are pretty quick. I'll be sure to report back when I brick my car from never using a power supply but for the IPMA. This one isn't a joke, I really will as I'm on borrowed time!
Your car, your right to ignore what FDRS says. Not my problem.

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag

I'm not missing any point at all. I know what ones require a power supply and which ones don't, but I appreciate your helpful feedback.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
FDRS Help
  • FDRS will be undergoing maintenance on Friday, October 7th from 8:00 PM EDT to 10:00 PM EDT. Users may not be able to ID vehicles during this time.
Thanks so much!

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Successfully updated all of these on my '21 Job 1 today. Got the slew of 3.5.xxxxx OTA updates this past week before doing all this today. Went very smooth.

Ford Mustang Mach-E The Complete DIY Guide to Updating Your Mach-E with FDRS (Alternative to Forscan) 1665256945780

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
ETA: I disconnected everything and drove it around a bit. When I came back, the IPMA module had disappear and now I have the GWM to do again so it looks like I might be back on track?

original post:

I’m in the middle of doing the 21P22 and 21G01 (BlueCruise) updates.

21P22 went fine.

Most of 21G01 has gone okay, but I finished the big 3 hour IPMA update and it appeared to be successful. Going from the top step down again to see if anything needed to be updated from higher in the list again, it’s clean until I get to IPMA again—it wants me to update it. When I run the IPMA update again, I get the following message:

Procedure unsuccessful-GetConfigDataFromGIVIS - Modified Configuration Data is Missing from Ford Server

Rebooting the laptop and rebooting the car haven’t helped this. I also don’t see any of the later things on the update list in FDRS like APIM, GWM, IPC, etc, so I’m assuming they’ll come in after this IPMA. I see there were problems with this back in May, but supposedly that shouldn’t be an issue?

Ideas?

Last edited:

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hmmm, if I remember correctly, GetConfigDataFromGIVIS is normally a Ford Server backend error. I’m sure this was a problem a while ago with one of the APIM updates….

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No Alexa though in the UK by the looks
Just replying to myself on this. When I log in to Ford online, under Subscriptions I see “Alexa Built-In” Activation Pending…….

Maybe we might get it in the UK?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just replying to myself on this. When I log in to Ford online, under Subscriptions I see “Alexa Built-In” Activation Pending…….

Maybe we might get it in the UK?
Honestly, I don't know why you wouldn't. Do you folks have the Amazon Echo and some of the other Amazon devices? Can you get Amazon Alexa on your phone? If so I don't know why you wouldn't be able to get it in the car like here in the US.
Sponsored