Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Just done GWM and TCU - Can't see any changes / UK :confused:
My 21 GTPE had the TCU update available which I did this morning. It did make a difference for me.

I will say that before this update, Mach N Cheese refused to connect over wifi to my cheapo car dedicated hotspot (there for my BlackVue cloud dashcam).

After the TCU update, I can now successfully connect my car to my Netgear hotspot, so I can watch the 24 hour Today Show channel while charging anywhere there's cell coverage (yay?).
Sponsored

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Success!

(Success?)

I have updates! I have BlueCruise! And it works! Thank you sincerely to everyone here for your assistance and guidance.

All in all, updating everything came in just under 10 hours. I had a few scares with things that looked unsuccessful but in fact were successful after driving it around for a few minutes and trying again.

Questions:
- I do have the update with YouTube and all the other new entertainment things, but I donā€™t have Alexa or any nag icon for it. (I donā€™t want Alexa; I just want to be sure Iā€™m as up to date as I can be before my two day pass expires.) Since I have no other software module updates awaiting me, I assume Alexa isnā€™t there for 2021 Job 1 Premiums?

- On my Access screen, I have the new layout, and pressing the Mach-E icon on the top left takes me right to the Access menu now, but I have no frunk control. I noticed other people with frunk controls there after updating to the YouTube level, but is that also not there for 2021 Job 1 Premiums (yet)?

Otherwise I think everything else looks good. No lurking DTCs, no more modules saying that theyā€™re available for download. Is that it?

Last edited:

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
Success!

(Success?)

I have updates! I have BlueCruise! And it works! Thank you sincerely to everyone here for your assistance and guidance.

All in all, updating everything came in just under 10 hours. I had a few scares with things that looked unsuccessful but in fact were successful after driving it around for a few minutes and trying again.

Questions:
- I do have the update with YouTube and all the other new entertainment things, but I donā€™t have Alexa or any nag icon for it. (I donā€™t want Alexa; I just want to be sure Iā€™m as up to date as I can be before my two day pass expires.) Since I have no other software module updates awaiting me, I assume Alexa isnā€™t there for 2021 Job 1 Premiums?

- On my Access screen, I have the new layout, and pressing the Mach-E icon on the top left takes me right to the Access menu now, but I have no frunk control. I noticed other people with frunk controls there after updating to the YouTube level, but is that also not there for 2021 Job 1 Premiums (yet)?

Otherwise I think everything else looks good. No lurking DTCs, no more modules saying that theyā€™re available for download. Is that it?
If you login to Ford Online, and choose Subscriptions (or Connected Services in US) do you see Alexa Activation Pending?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Success!

(Success?)

Questions:

My Job 1 Premium had the Alexa icon right after the APIM update.

Does your frunk open with the door pillar code plus 8-9? If so, you can add the frunk button to the Sync screen with FORScan.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
If you login to Ford Online, and choose Subscriptions (or Connected Services in US) do you see Alexa Activation Pending?
It does, yes.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag

Does your frunk open with the door pillar code plus 8-9? If so, you can add the frunk button to the Sync screen with FORScan.
Will check! Thanks!

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag

My door code plus 8-9 locks the doors the moment after entering the door code unlocked it.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
My door code plus 8-9 locks the doors the moment after entering the door code unlocked it.
Oh wait! 7-8 does it! Yes!

off to look for Forscan now.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Successfully updated all of these on my '21 Job 1 today. Got the slew of 3.5.xxxxx OTA updates this past week before doing all this today. Went very smooth.

1665256945780.png
So after applying all of these updates I've noticed that I no longer have the white lines on my backup camera that move when you turn the steering wheel to give you an estimate of where the rear will be going. Is there a setting I've missed somewhere to turn this back on?