Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 2021 MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Eng
Country flag
It seems like if you did the last round of powertrain updates yourself with FDRS you will not get 3.6.2 or anything after. When was the last time you updated the PCM?

On the F150s we had an issue with the IPC update only applying one of two files, it would write F188 but not F120. When this happened you were in an unknown state and FDRS wouldn't release any more update. I wonder if the MME has run into a similar glitch. If anyone with a fully updated 2021 Job 1 Premium could send me their VIN, I can check the strategies on all the modules and see if there is a mismatch on mine, which might be a clue for everyone else.

Edit: I see my IPC has F188 = LU5T-10F906-AA and F120 = LU5T-10F906-BA. Not always, but usually those should match. Hopefully someone else can confirm.
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
About two hours ago I updated the PCM, it's now on F188 = MJ98-14C204-BDN
According to FDRS the update previous to that was on October 21, 2022 which put me at MJ98-14C204-BDL.
So you never saw APIM or GWM updates today? Nothing changed after the powertrain updates? Check for updates again tomorrow if you still have your license.

On the F150s we had an issue with the IPC update only applying one of two files, it would write F188 but not F120. When this happened you were in an unknown state and FDRS wouldn't release any more update. I wonder if the MME has run into a similar glitch. If anyone with a fully updated 2021 Job 1 Premium could send me their VIN, I can check the strategies on all the modules and see if there is a mismatch on mine, which might be a clue for everyone else.

Edit: I see my IPC has F188 = LU5T-10F906-AA and F120 = LU5T-10F906-BA. Not always, but usually those should match. Hopefully someone else can confirm.
You have a RWD standard range? The versions are different so define the spec clearly. I need a VIN for someone that got 3.6.2 OTA with your RWD spec to get part #s.

I don't think it's the IPC, I've never updated mine and I have the glitch.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I have a job 1 premium with AWD. Early access membership and I was able to use FDRS to get the latest APIM installed.
Sounds like you need a RWD to do your part # comparison though.

AjzRide

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 2021 MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Eng
Country flag
I have a job 1 premium with AWD. Early access membership and I was able to use FDRS to get the latest APIM installed.
Sounds like you need a RWD to do your part # comparison though.
The part numbers associated with the APIM are unlikely to be different between a AWD and RWD. I suspect the PCM/BCM might be, but usually only the TCU/GWM/APIM/IPC are tied together. If you can DM me your VIN, it will at least be a place to start. If they don't match then I keep looking for a RWD ER Premium.

AjzRide

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 2021 MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Eng
Country flag
I don't think it's the IPC, I've never updated mine and I have the glitch.
Looking at everything I update in October, the TCU is really the only thing that should be holding out a APIM update. All the part numbers look right at a glance, but I'll need to find a solid one to know for sure.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag

I received the PCM update OTA with 3.6.2 before I could apply via FDRS, so I think the original PCM update that you either got early OTA or applies yourself, is causing the issue.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I received the PCM update OTA with 3.6.2 before I could apply via FDRS, so I think the original PCM update that you either got early OTA or applies yourself, is causing the issue.
@AjzRide I updated my PCM before the GWM/APIM and that is what I think has stuck things for me as well. I'll send you my vin privately in case you might have any other insight.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
@AjzRide I updated my PCM before the GWM/APIM and that is what I think has stuck things for me as well. I'll send you my vin privately in case you might have any other insight.
Yeah, that’s probably what happened, best guess. If you update the PCM before the GWM and/or TCU, something blocks the upgrade path. If you do the GWM and TCU, then you’ll get the APIM. You can do the APIM and come back for the PCM, but not if you go out of that order. There were a lot of posts in this thread about this issue that it looks like you might have skipped over, AjzRide. Sorry, dude.

I’m sure Ford will get it worked out, but there’s no good idea on the timetable.

AjzRide

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 2021 MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Eng
Country flag
Yeah, that’s probably what happened, best guess. If you update the PCM before the GWM and/or TCU, something blocks the upgrade path. If you do the GWM and TCU, then you’ll get the APIM. You can do the APIM and come back for the PCM, but not if you go out of that order. There were a lot of posts in this thread about this issue that it looks like you might have skipped over, AjzRide. Sorry, dude.

I’m sure Ford will get it worked out, but there’s no good idea on the timetable.

I had been getting almost everything OTA since I installed BlueCruise. I did do some updates in October, which included a PCM, but I would never apply any other update before a TCU/GWM, I always do those first (getting out of order is how I bricked my IPC). So if a PCM came in out of order then it came in OTA and not through FDRS. I'm trying to zero in on the PCM to see what would block the GWM update. MY TCU is correct, but my GWM is behind the VINs I have seen which have the latest update, so I'm thinking the GWM is the issue.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I had been getting almost everything OTA since I installed BlueCruise. I did do some updates in October, which included a PCM, but I would never apply any other update before a TCU/GWM, I always do those first (getting out of order is how I bricked my IPC). So if a PCM came in out of order then it came in OTA and not through FDRS. I'm trying to zero in on the PCM to see what would block the GWM update. MY TCU is correct, but my GWM is behind the VINs I have seen which have the latest update, so I'm thinking the GWM is the issue.
The October PCM update you did probably broke your upgrade path. I updated in September and that broke mine.

AjzRide

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 2021 MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Eng
Country flag
The October PCM update you did probably broke your upgrade path. I updated in September and that broke mine.
Well, I can certainly agree that it did... but there was no APIM available at the time, so perhaps I timed it where the PCM was there but not the APIM yet.... and I got here.

I guess the only options are to wait on Ford or try to side load the PCM back to where it FDRS thinks it needs to be. That would be a very dangerous thing to do, I would probably have to figure out everything that was grouped into that update and side load every one of them. If I were to miss even one module I would be out of sync at and unknown state again, and it would never show me another update from now until eternity.

Congratulations Ford, you've managed to produce the single worst firmware update process I've ever encountered. This is really and amazing achievement considering I've done ICS firmware upgrades from ABB, Siemens and Honeywell. Feel free to reach out to me if you ever decide to try and fix your steaming pile of junk software.

PeeKay

First Name
Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Crap, I just updated my PCM yesterday.
Doesn't PowerUp 3.6.2 include PCM, which others have received OTA? Or is this another PCM update that show up after 3.6.2?

I applied PCM with a bunch of other modules that are a part of 3.6.2. I hadn't received 3.6.1/2 OTA, so decided to go the FDRS route.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Doesn't PowerUp 3.6.2 include PCM, which others have received OTA? Or is this another PCM update that show up after 3.6.2?

I applied PCM with a bunch of other modules that are a part of 3.6.2. I hadn't received 3.6.1/2 OTA, so decided to go the FDRS route.
After you applied PCM, is your car also "stuck" without seeing the GWM/APIM update?

PeeKay

First Name
Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
After you applied PCM, is your car also "stuck" without seeing the GWM/APIM update?
I don't see any more module updates in FDRS (applied them yesterday). Didn't have anything queued before that (no GWM or APIM was in the list previously)

So not sure if stuck, or not qualified for 4.1.1 yet (enrolled in EA)

What I don't get is, is the PCM update that makes the GWM vanish, same as the PCM version that's part of 3.6.2?
Sponsored