benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have a group of people I keep in contact with outside of this forum that all have Mach E GT's. One by one they have all had this issue, and last night I was the last one of the group to have it happen. Just based on what I've seen with those cars, I knew mine would go at any time.

Last night I was driving home on the highway at around 75mph. Twice I went to pass a car and went from about 75 to 95 quickly to get around them. The 2nd pass, About half way around the car I got the Service Vehicle Soon warning. Power was limited but I was still able to easily keep 75, and could go faster. So while the power is limited, you can still drive highway speeds, Just takes longer to get up to speed.

Once I got home, I hooked up to FDRS and did a self test and pulled the code. Luckily for me, the code is just the warning code that it detected a potential fault, but the contactor didn't actually weld. I am able to re-start my car at the moment.

Ford Mustang Mach-E The day has finally come.... Service Vehicle Soon 1661782772778

Oddly, early last week I switched to whisper drive mode, no one pedal, and have been driving the car much easier than I have since I got it. I was hoping to up my range a little bit just to see it change. So this is not the week I would have expected it to give me the error.

Now the fun begins of going through Ford to get the replacement part installed. My dealer typically is backed up at least 3 months for service. SO we'll see how this goes.

Ford Mustang Mach-E The day has finally come.... Service Vehicle Soon 20220828_185815

Side note. If you apply a USB update with FDRS, it clears all DTC's even if you don't tell it to. I applied a new GWM and APIM update last night after pulling the code and seeing they were available. Wasn't expecting it to clear the codes for me, but it did. So something to keep in mind for anyone that has the issue.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
So is the BEV team not helping people prioritize repairs with dealers now?

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
So is the BEV team not helping people prioritize repairs with dealers now?
It remains to be seen, but I'll keep things posted here on how that goes. Ford got engaged on it just this morning and is going to start reaching out to the dealer.

Sounds like the Ford layoffs last week affected the support team so things might be moving slower than they have been as well.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Sorry it finally bit you, hopefully the new HVBJB hasn't been hit with supply issues yet and you get it resolved sooner rather than later. That was the silver lining I tried to focus on: I at least had mine replaced early enough before the masses start needing HVBJBs left and right.

MazzMayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer, Mach E GTPE
Country flag
In the same spot (but P0ADE) when SVS hit a week after the recall OTA. Now moving around the merry go round with Ford Service and the BEV team. Trying to get the BEV team to confirm the backordered part is the HVBJB or the "seals" the the service advisor stated.

Meanwhile I'm in POS ICE, w/o the most basic customer service/appreciation.

Last edited:

aberberich

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Extended Range AWD Mach E
Country flag
I was just recently hit with same issue last week. Dealer finally got to look at it today and confirmed HVBJB. Dealer also told me his system is showing this part on backorder. Said he is working with parts team to get a reasonable estimate on when it might get in :(

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Damn, bummer Ben. I hope they get you in quickly and get the HVBJB repair done. 😱🐩

Alan Minnesota

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I am in the same boat here with my 2021 Premium Extended Range AWD, Job-1 Build at ~15,000 miles. I got the SVS last week Tuesday (8/23) along with the "Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power" and "High-Voltage Battery Warning." I'd had the same errors pop up a week prior upon starting the car, but they cleared out after I parked and it sat for awhile. This time they occurred while accelerating to make a pass on the freeway...and they didn't clear.

I called service, they scheduled me for September 6th. It felt like a long time to wait with the risk of getting bricked...since the error I'd been pulling backward into my garage...backing into parking spots...always imagining a tow truck would be my next ride.

Fortunately I spoke to the service lead and explained the specific error codes...he got me in to drop it off and get a rental on Thursday (8/25), even without the EV tech on site until today (8/29). They'd just dealt with towing a bricked MachE, so I think he was both sympathetic and not wanting to deal with another bricked car.

Update from today, it's the HVJB. My service guy says it'll be here by Tuesday of next week - no mention of a back-order. Working with a dealer in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I am in the same boat here with my 2021 Premium Extended Range AWD, Job-1 Build at ~15,000 miles. I got the SVS last week Tuesday (8/23) along with the "Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power" and "High-Voltage Battery Warning." I'd had the same errors pop up a week prior upon starting the car, but they cleared out after I parked and it sat for awhile. This time they occurred while accelerating to make a pass on the freeway...and they didn't clear.

I called service, they scheduled me for September 6th. It felt like a long time to wait with the risk of getting bricked...since the error I'd been pulling backward into my garage...backing into parking spots...always imagining a tow truck would be my next ride.

Fortunately I spoke to the service lead and explained the specific error codes...he got me in to drop it off and get a rental on Thursday (8/25), even without the EV tech on site until today (8/29). They'd just dealt with towing a bricked MachE, so I think he was both sympathetic and not wanting to deal with another bricked car.

Update from today, it's the HVJB. My service guy says it'll be here by Tuesday of next week - no mention of a back-order. Working with a dealer in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.
Curious which dealer you're using, @Electric Goat is also in the MSP area and just had his go out last Friday. His was towed in Sat so I wonder if that's the bricked car they were talking about. 😬

Southern92

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW i3
Country flag
There are so many HVBJB threads I'm gonna ask here. . . have any of the "beefier" HVBJB'S FAILED?

Regulus7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 C4 Cab, Macan S, SantaFe, Ice Blue MME GT
Occupation
Money Manager
Country flag
I just crossed 2,000 miles on my GT. I am using it as a daily commuter. Probably do 1.5k miles a month... at this point I am hoping I can get through the winter and into next summer before it fails, as it would be a real PITA to have it fail over winter.

Has anyone gotten the HVBJB error who has never used a fast charger? I dont plan to use one as I have ample L2 charging at home and at the office at 32A. I suppose I should be driving in "grandma" mode now mostly to extend the timeline of my expected failure... certainly predisposes me to never again buy a Ford...

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I have a group of people I keep in contact with outside of this forum that all have Mach E GT's. One by one they have all had this issue, and last night I was the last one of the group to have it happen. Just based on what I've seen with those cars, I knew mine would go at any time.

Last night I was driving home on the highway at around 75mph. Twice I went to pass a car and went from about 75 to 95 quickly to get around them. The 2nd pass, About half way around the car I got the Service Vehicle Soon warning. Power was limited but I was still able to easily keep 75, and could go faster. So while the power is limited, you can still drive highway speeds, Just takes longer to get up to speed.

Once I got home, I hooked up to FDRS and did a self test and pulled the code. Luckily for me, the code is just the warning code that it detected a potential fault, but the contactor didn't actually weld. I am able to re-start my car at the moment.

Ford Mustang Mach-E The day has finally come.... Service Vehicle Soon 20220828_185815

Oddly, early last week I switched to whisper drive mode, no one pedal, and have been driving the car much easier than I have since I got it. I was hoping to up my range a little bit just to see it change. So this is not the week I would have expected it to give me the error.

Now the fun begins of going through Ford to get the replacement part installed. My dealer typically is backed up at least 3 months for service. SO we'll see how this goes.

Side note. If you apply a USB update with FDRS, it clears all DTC's even if you don't tell it to. I applied a new GWM and APIM update last night after pulling the code and seeing they were available. Wasn't expecting it to clear the codes for me, but it did. So something to keep in mind for anyone that has the issue.
I hope you don’t run into problems with your dealer if there are no codes present after you updated the system. With a lot of the dealers unfamiliar with these problems I can see a nightmare ahead if the car comes in with no codes present.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I just crossed 2,000 miles on my GT. I am using it as a daily commuter. Probably do 1.5k miles a month... at this point I am hoping I can get through the winter and into next summer before it fails, as it would be a real PITA to have it fail over winter.

Has anyone gotten the HVBJB error who has never used a fast charger? I dont plan to use one as I have ample L2 charging at home and at the office at 32A. I suppose I should be driving in "grandma" mode now mostly to extend the timeline of my expected failure... certainly predisposes me to never again buy a Ford...
I have used a fast charger a few times on this car. However the last time I used one was 2 months ago. Most of my charging is at home on 48amp charging.
Sponsored