benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I hope you don’t run into problems with your dealer if there are no codes present after you updated the system. With a lot of the dealers unfamiliar with these problems I can see a nightmare ahead if the car comes in with no codes present.
This is what I'm afraid of. I have the printout from FDRS with the full code. It will also show for 90 days in the web view that techs can see when they pull up my cars info. Ford Corporate also knows that the code was cleared and they said it wouldn't be an issue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I am dropping the car off at a new dealer I've never used before since they are able to get the car in immediately. This dealer doesn't have loaners or any agreement with rental company so I have to go get my own rental and go through the reimbursement process after.

My normal dealer wouldn't even diagnose the car until Sept 27th and who knows when they would have gotten around to actually doing the work once the new part comes in.

I'll update again after the dealer does the "diagnosis" that I've already done and lets me know what the next steps are.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
And As I was getting ready to take the car in, Got a call from Enterprise that they were just kidding and didn't have any rental cars available this week. Just tried making a reservation at the airport location which hopefully has something.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I am dropping the car off at a new dealer I've never used before since they are able to get the car in immediately. This dealer doesn't have loaners or any agreement with rental company so I have to go get my own rental and go through the reimbursement process after.

My normal dealer wouldn't even diagnose the car until Sept 27th and who knows when they would have gotten around to actually doing the work once the new part comes in.

I'll update again after the dealer does the "diagnosis" that I've already done and lets me know what the next steps are.
Did you ask if your new dealer has a battery sled and the equipment to test the cooling system? You're gonna need those...

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Sounds like the Ford layoffs last week affected the support team so things might be moving slower than they have been as well.
Good to hear that Ford has decided to stop wasting so much money on extravagances like customer service.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
This is what I'm afraid of. I have the printout from FDRS with the full code. It will also show for 90 days in the web view that techs can see when they pull up my cars info. Ford Corporate also knows that the code was cleared and they said it wouldn't be an issue.
I had cleared my DTC for SVS as well before I pulled into the dealer, it's not an issue as it is saved. Just be aware that you have no power limitation with it cleared but could get bricked if you're driving it and use too much power.

Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
Got the same message on august 22th, took my car to the dealer, first the tech guy said it was only because I need to service the car… finally they updated the OBCC, BCM, and GFM (that have nothing to do with the HVJB functions (thanks @Mike G for these infos)) so SVS disapeared and said my car was fine after road testing it. They were so sure it was fixed he bet me 20 bucks… 4 days later I have the same message again. They did watch the TSB22-2178 but I guess they didn’t read it.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Got the same message on august 22th, took my car to the dealer, first the tech guy said it was only because I need to service the car… finally they updated the OBCC, BCM, and GFM (that have nothing to do with the HVJB functions (thanks @Mike G for these infos)) so SVS disapeared and said my car was fine after road testing it. They were so sure it was fixed he bet me 20 bucks… 4 days later I have the same message again. They did watch the TSB22-2178 but I guess they didn’t read it.
So did you get your 20 bucks?

PalsyWalsy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 400H, Lexus 300H, Buick Enclave, Mach E GT
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag
I just crossed 2,000 miles on my GT. I am using it as a daily commuter. Probably do 1.5k miles a month... at this point I am hoping I can get through the winter and into next summer before it fails, as it would be a real PITA to have it fail over winter.

Has anyone gotten the HVBJB error who has never used a fast charger? I dont plan to use one as I have ample L2 charging at home and at the office at 32A. I suppose I should be driving in "grandma" mode now mostly to extend the timeline of my expected failure... certainly predisposes me to never again buy a Ford...
I did not drive my GT like a grandma and mine went at 11,516 miles if that is helpful at all. I DCFC twice in that time, but mostly home L2 charging.

I would not let the issues with a new run car pre-dispose you just yet. You(or I) could have just a fine experience after this is fixed should yours fail. I have had Buick, Lexus, VW, Jeep, etc all have something fail that was inconvenient, and they were not with first model year makes.

I still thoroughly enjoy mine and plan to when I get it back. I will judge the car at the end of its run with me.

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
And As I was getting ready to take the car in, Got a call from Enterprise that they were just kidding and didn't have any rental cars available this week. Just tried making a reservation at the airport location which hopefully has something.
Turo is realy great for this. You can find basic vehicles for even better prices than a rental agency. Worth a look anyways.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Just got home from dropping off the car at the dealer. Drop off process went smoothly. Noticed as I was walking to my Lyft they had a Lightning Pro that I snapped a pic of. Too bad I couldn't have used that for my loaner.

Then, After getting all the way across town to the airport to pick up my rental, they ran out of cars just before I got to the counter. So I get to go back tomorrow and try again for a rental.

Did you ask if your new dealer has a battery sled and the equipment to test the cooling system? You're gonna need those...
Tech I spoke with said this dealership actually has 3 EV Techs. They only expected it to take 3-4 days and they've done this repair before already.

I had cleared my DTC for SVS as well before I pulled into the dealer, it's not an issue as it is saved. Just be aware that you have no power limitation with it cleared but could get bricked if you're driving it and use too much power.
I was already reassured by Ford it wouldn't be an issue, but printed off the FDRS readout just in case.

I also have already gotten an update from Ford that they confirmed the Dealer has my car and has started working on it!

Ford Mustang Mach-E The day has finally come.... Service Vehicle Soon 20220830_101925
Ford Mustang Mach-E The day has finally come.... Service Vehicle Soon 20220830_101916

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Just got home from dropping off the car at the dealer. Drop off process went smoothly. Noticed as I was walking to my Lyft they had a Lightning Pro that I snapped a pic of. Too bad I couldn't have used that for my loaner.

Then, After getting all the way across town to the airport to pick up my rental, they ran out of cars just before I got to the counter. So I get to go back tomorrow and try again for a rental.

Tech I spoke with said this dealership actually has 3 EV Techs. They only expected it to take 3-4 days and they've done this repair before already.

I was already reassured by Ford it wouldn't be an issue, but printed off the FDRS readout just in case.

I also have already gotten an update from Ford that they confirmed the Dealer has my car and has started working on it!

Ford Mustang Mach-E The day has finally come.... Service Vehicle Soon 20220830_101916
I wonder why they quote so long if they are actually starting to work on it? Other than waiting for the part, it is a day job, I thought.

Jesus beans, do reservations mean nothing?!? Sorry for your double trouble with not even being able to snag a rental.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I wonder why they quote so long if they are actually starting to work on it? Other than waiting for the part, it is a day job, I thought.

Jesus beans, do reservations mean nothing?!? Sorry for your double trouble with not even being able to snag a rental.
I think the main thing is they don't know exactly how long it'll take to get the part. Hopefully only a day or two. but We'll see. They have to do the diagnosis first to open the warranty case, then can order the part once that is going.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Has anyone gotten the HVBJB error who has never used a fast charger? I dont plan to use one as I have ample L2 charging at home and at the office at 32A. I suppose I should be driving in "grandma" mode now mostly to extend the timeline of my expected failure... certainly predisposes me to never again buy a Ford...
FWIW, I'm pretty sure @Neil4Real never DCFC'd before his GT got the HVBJB SVS. And I know at least a few got the HVBJB SVS while driving in Whisper mode. But yeah, avoiding WOT events would be a good idea especially if you don't have the flexibility to deal with the issue unexpectedly. (I'm actually considering the reverse and trying to cause the problem to ossuary so I can proactively get it replaced. But I'm still on the fence on that one.)
Sponsored