David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E X AWD
Occupation
General Manager
Country flag
First and foremost, I absolutely love the one Mach E I have been able to purchase, however the purchase process has been an absolute disaster .

in March 2021 I ordered a 4WD, premium, extendEd range Mach E and put down my $1,500 deposit through Essential Ford in Stuart.

in April this dealer got a car in that had everything I wanted except the color and I elected to purchase versus having to wait. Since my initial $1,500 deposit could not be refunded or applied to purchase (per the dealer) of the vehicle in inventory I decided to get the second one for my wife.

Recently, I received notice from Ford that my vehicle had shipped. After not hearing from the dealer I checked the status of my order and it has since been sold.

sales managers at the dealership acknowledge they sold the car, however no one ever offered to refund my deposit or assist with finding another vehicle. I specifically asked for both options and was told to call back once and come back later when I stopped in as sales manager was with a customer (lol) .

anyway, if you picked up a black Mach e premium from essential Ford recently , congrats. That is the car I ordered. Would love to see it .

as for me, I’m on the hunt for another Mach e for my wife for Christmas and still have to get my original deposit back
Sponsored

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
So sorry. Please let us know when your deposit is refunded. That is crazy and they are scumbags.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Seriously, F Ford’s dealership model. Time to die. Sorry this happened to you. You should tweet this to @mrlevine and @ford and make a huge social media stink.
Disgraceful.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
That dealer is a POS. You need to go into the showroom and demand to speak to the sales manager. No phone call, in person. Demand your refund. I am angry for you. I wish you lived in my town because I would go with you to the dealer. This kind of crap should never happen. And, by the way, a $1500 deposit is crazy. Way too high. Most dealers are requiring $500, not $1500. That alone pisses me off for you.

MachE1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla Model 3/ 2020 Mazda Miata Club
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Seriously, F Ford’s dealership model. Time to die. Sorry this happened to you. You should tweet this to @mrlevine and @ford and make a huge social media stink.
Disgraceful.
Tweet it out as suggested. Insane.

OP
OP

Bongjovi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E X AWD
Occupation
General Manager
Country flag
With it being my busy season I don’t have the time to chase the dealer. The lack of response and concern so far made it clear they do not value my business. That’s ok, I’ll drop the other 60k elsewhere.

I’m going to give the General Manager one opportunity to respond and correct before I dispute charge on my card and make them respond to my BBB complaint I file.

and FWIW I called Ford customer service and they refer me back to dealership .

a total customer service disaster

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
With it being my busy season I don’t have the time to chase the dealer. The lack of response and concern so far made it clear they do not value my business. That’s ok, I’ll drop the other 60k elsewhere.

I’m going to give the General Manager one opportunity to respond and correct before I dispute charge on my card and make them respond to my BBB complaint I file.

At the next dealer, if they want a deposit, it should be no more than $500. Good luck. Kick their little tiny flat butts and then drink a beer on me.

OP
OP

Bongjovi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E X AWD
Occupation
General Manager
Country flag
I also won’t be doing a deposit and order. It will be a purchase from one that is physically on the lot.

can’t trust Ford or the dealer to deliver on these reservations

Draconfier

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Cx-9, Mustang Mach-e GT (on order)
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company This is what you need to do with these unscrupulous dealers. Tell them to either comply with the new method of selling EVs via the deposit and no ADM model or go make an Edsel Face.

Ford Mustang Mach-E The dealer gave my reserved vehicle away I waited six months for Screenshot_20211129-105920_Chrome

(Couldn't resist adding in this old ad!)

GM told the 880 Cadillac dealers you can comply or take a buyout. Easy way to weed out these legacy Ford dealers who are stuck in the 20th Century car buying experience.

First link is where they gave the Ultimatum, 2nd where some dealers want back in after GM called their bluff.

https://electrek.co/2020/11/24/gm-gives-ultimatum-cadillac-dealers-who-dont-want-sell-electric-cars/

https://electrek.co/2021/09/23/cadillac-losing-adding-dealers-electric-move/

Last edited:

itsjustme111969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
First and foremost, I absolutely love the one Mach E I have been able to purchase, however the purchase process has been an absolute disaster .

in March 2021 I ordered a 4WD, premium, extendEd range Mach E and put down my $1,500 deposit through Essential Ford in Stuart.

in April this dealer got a car in that had everything I wanted except the color and I elected to purchase versus having to wait. Since my initial $1,500 deposit could not be refunded or applied to purchase (per the dealer) of the vehicle in inventory I decided to get the second one for my wife.

Recently, I received notice from Ford that my vehicle had shipped. After not hearing from the dealer I checked the status of my order and it has since been sold.

sales managers at the dealership acknowledge they sold the car, however no one ever offered to refund my deposit or assist with finding another vehicle. I specifically asked for both options and was told to call back once and come back later when I stopped in as sales manager was with a customer (lol) .

anyway, if you picked up a black Mach e premium from essential Ford recently , congrats. That is the car I ordered. Would love to see it .

as for me, I’m on the hunt for another Mach e for my wife for Christmas and still have to get my original deposit back

I am in Stuart and this does not surprise me about Essential. I do not think much has changed there with the change in ownership. Same bad business.

I however did not get your Mach-E but found one in Orlando. I had been using the Ford site to search with no luck, but did a Google search for MachE for sale Fl and found one for sale that way. Supposed to pick up tomorrow since was due to arrive today

itsjustme111969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag

Just an FYI…last time I checked, Mullinax in WPB was not charging additional, $500 deposit, and no dealer fees.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I recommend publicly tweeting about this, tagging the dealer, Mike Levine, and Jim Farley.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
There's just nothing good that can come out of situation that combines the lack of a guarantee with a lack of quality control at the dealer level.

<s>Free market baby....</s>

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Non-refundable deposit and they sold the car out from under you?

Not sure which is worse.

You will definitely get your deposit back. I seriously doubt you’ll have to fight for that one. Shouldn’t even have to talk to a manager, unless you just want to tell them what you think of them.
Sponsored