Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Started the week with an email from Ford saying that my ETA would be delayed until mid-May. By Tuesday, found out that my car was on a transport from KC to Michigan and, by Thursday afternoon, I was picking up my new Black Premium ER AWD Mach E!

The dealer process was great; X-Plan PIN from Mustang Club of America honored (even with my membership only 64 days old), used DocuSign to take care of all of the sales paperwork before going to the dealership, and no up-selling of gap insurance or extended warranty. I just showed up with my license plate and a checkbook. Walked out 15 minutes later. (kudos to Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor for a seamless experience).

The only downside is that I left the lot with 28% SOC, but that's because the dealer fast-tracked the prep on a car that arrived on the transport only hours before I took delivery. Timing is good, as my Level 2 charger goes live tomorrow when the utility company installs the dedicated meter hardware.

Main comments so far are on the tech. PAAK is working just fine; it recognizes my phone and unlocks/locks obediently. I immediately disabled the annoying honk (unwanted auto-lock feature that I can confidently say NO owner wants), and got my settings where I want them. The small screen buzz is barely audible...yes, the sound is detectable but only if you put your ear right next to the steering wheel while sitting in a non-moving and totally silent car. NOT an issue for any conceivable driving scenario.

The car looks and drives wonderfully, although too few miles to really comment on all the driving dynamics and performance issues. I'll be taking it on a Wisconsin road trip next weekend and will fully test the fast charging and highway driving characteristics.

I'm going to bed tonight absolutely convinced that I made the right choices: 1) switching to an EV, and 2) getting the Mach E. I'm looking forward to getting out tomorrow and turning more heads!

pony1.jpg

pony2.jpg

pony5.jpg

pony6.jpg

pony7.jpg

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Started the week with an email from Ford saying that my ETA would be delayed until mid-May. By Tuesday, found out that my car was on a transport from KC to Michigan and, by Thursday afternoon, I was picking up my new Black Premium ER AWD Mach E!

The dealer process was great; X-Plan PIN from Mustang Club of America honored (even with my membership only 64 days old), used DocuSign to take care of all of the sales paperwork before going to the dealership, and no up-selling of gap insurance or extended warranty. I just showed up with my license plate and a checkbook. Walked out 15 minutes later. (kudos to Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor for a seamless experience).

The only downside is that I left the lot with 28% SOC, but that's because the dealer fast-tracked the prep on a car that arrived on the transport only hours before I took delivery. Timing is good, as my Level 2 charger goes live tomorrow when the utility company installs the dedicated meter hardware.

Main comments so far are on the tech. PAAK is working just fine; it recognizes my phone and unlocks/locks obediently. I immediately disabled the annoying honk (unwanted auto-lock feature that I can confidently say NO owner wants), and got my settings where I want them. The small screen buzz is barely audible...yes, the sound is detectable but only if you put your ear right next to the steering wheel while sitting in a non-moving and totally silent car. NOT an issue for any conceivable driving scenario.

The car looks and drives wonderfully, although too few miles to really comment on all the driving dynamics and performance issues. I'll be taking it on a Wisconsin road trip next weekend and will fully test the fast charging and highway driving characteristics.

I'm going to bed tonight absolutely convinced that I made the right choices: 1) switching to an EV, and 2) getting the Mach E. I'm looking forward to getting out tomorrow and turning more heads!

Ford Mustang Mach-E The Electric Lady Has Arrived pony7

Nice plate. ?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Oh, and you might want to rethink that title with the group we have....
Sponsored