The End (of waiting) is near...

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
After getting a call from the dealer two weeks ago that ended up being a false alarm (it someone else's car), finally got another call from the dealer today stating that my car has finally arrived @ the dealer this afternoon! This was after 2 weeks of asking the dealer for more information on the location of the car, which the dealer was unable to locate and/or provide. Came in on the tail end of the ETA range.

Picking up the car tomorrow. Will report back on what software updates (if any) were applied etc. Hoping the dealer process goes smooth...

Carbonized Gray FE
Reserved 11/20/19
Ordered 07/03/20
Produced/Built 11/28/20
Shipped 01/22/21
KC Dispatched 02/09/21
Delivered 02/24/21 (original ETA range 02/19 - 02/25)

Time to finally retire my fordtracker browser bookmark.... :)

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 18.53.41 copy.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
eltonlin

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Well, finally picked up the car!

3 frustrating hours at the dealer. Test drive went well, then went to discuss financing. Dealer had x-plan and all of the options + ADA + CA clean fuel all factored in. BUT, the options rate was 4.75%! Showed the dealer all of the paperwork and website information about the 2.25%. Took almost an hour and a half of waiting and haggling to bring the APR down to the Ford 2.25% rate. They kept insisting that they had to "make money" and that they have the right to uncharge up to 2.5% on top of existing rates (I didn't debate this, but focused on Ford's rate as well as all of the successful options deals that have been completed on the forum). In any case, paperwork signed and car is home!

- Acceleration is nice - per the kids "it's like a roller coaster" - but as others mentioned, there is some heft to the car. Overall smooth ride.
- Wind noise is definitely noticeable when radio is turned off - sounded like I was driving through serious crosswinds.
- Mirrors and view out of the rear view are more than adequate IMO
- Driver info screen noise - I heard it when close, but when driving and sitting normally, it's barely noticeable to me.
- Seats (for me) are great.
- 1 PD is awesome - still getting used to it, especially when trying to back up out of my garage (feel like I have less control with 1PD when pulling in/out of tight spots)
- Active CC works well, even when in stop and go traffic (brakes a bit later than I would normally so that will take some getting used to)
- Sync UI will definitely need some getting used to
- wanted to remotely close the trunk, but couldn't find the button for it
- turning OFF the AC/Heat a bit counter intuitive but when on it was powerful
- iPhone 12 Pro (clear case) kept sliding around the wireless charging mat, so definitely going to have to find a way to secure it onto the sweet spot to maintain charge
- Setting up my iPhone took some time. Initial activation didn't work, but after a master reset activation went smoothly, as did setting up all of the passcodes and CarPlay.
- Plugged into my Chargepoint Flex - no issues.

So far so good!

OP
OP
eltonlin

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
PaaK appears to work well in detecting when I approach the car. Puddle lights turn on!

Ford Mustang Mach-E The End (of waiting) is near... IMG_1464

However, when starting the car, there does appear to be a bit of lag - I think it's tied to the device connecting to the car for both BT and/or CarPlay. A faster resolution is for me to launch the FordPass app and ensure that BT is connected.

OP
OP
eltonlin

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Also, for those of you who purchased the Mach-E mobile charger case, it doesn't fit in the back! The soft bag has just enough clearance (and the TeslaTap mini fits in just fine), but you can see how much wider the hard case is... Alas, there are caveats to being a guinea pig.

Ford Mustang Mach-E The End (of waiting) is near... IMG_1461

Ford Mustang Mach-E The End (of waiting) is near... IMG_1462

Ford Mustang Mach-E The End (of waiting) is near... IMG_1463