The Fast Lane

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I was just about to post that. They're getting the car for a whole week, so kind of worked out for them after all.
Yeah, with a full week, they could have the most in-depth coverage yet. I hope they do the roller test.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I am only partway through but did they say if this is a reviewer preproduction unit or a production unit?

because tbh I can't see them adding anything of value for preproduction at this point given the long list of other reviews. Anything that we'd "care" about like charging, etc. is all very sketchy on the preproduction units from everything we've been told until now, and I don't really care about hearing any more about those when production units are finally starting to go out to people.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
They got the lower end mache to test also. hard to compare.
Yes; I have a feeling that comparing a performance Y to a SR MME isn't going to come out very well for the Mach E. Range, performance, and charging will all be very much in favor of the Y. It's almost as if Ford forgot they got lambasted by these guys

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am only partway through but did they say if this is a reviewer preproduction unit or a production unit?

because tbh I can't see them adding anything of value for preproduction at this point given the long list of other reviews. Anything that we'd "care" about like charging, etc. is all very sketchy on the preproduction units from everything we've been told until now, and I don't really care about hearing any more about those when production units are finally starting to go out to people.
They didn’t say, but I highly doubt it’s a production unit. They have the standard range battery though, so charging may be different. Also, nobody‘s done a roller test on the AWD system yet. I assume they will.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Yes; I have a feeling that comparing a performance Y to a SR MME isn't going to come out very well for the Mach E. Range, performance, and charging will all be very much in favor of the Y. It's almost as if Ford forgot they got lambasted by these guys
Yep, the specs on that model are way different. So who knows what we will see in a week from them.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They got the lower end mache to test also. hard to compare.
It’s still a Premium, just with the standard range battery. I‘m looking forward to seeing some numbers from the standard range since that’s what I ordered and all the other reviews have been with the extended range.

Reactions: ARK

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep, the specs on that model are way different. So who knows what we will see in a week from them.
I assume it won’t compare well to their Model Y. But I hope that they make it clear that the trim levels are not an apples to apples comparison.

codeGR

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge Titanium, (on order) 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Standard Range
Country flag
It’s still a Premium, just with the standard range battery. I‘m looking forward to seeing some numbers from the standard range since that’s what I ordered and all the other reviews have been with the extended range.
Same here, this is the exact configuration I ordered. Haven't seen much in the way of reviews of the standard range battery with AWD.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
correct it's the 0 to 60 and speed in general. But that is what tesla is built around.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Exactly! Here is some background info, for those who might be interested...

https://tflcar.com/2020/06/ford-disinvited-tfl-bronco-f-150/

TFL published a YouTube video showing very specific spy photos leaked to them against Ford's policy by an anonymous individual with access to Ford's prototype vehicles. The photos detailed major features of the 2021 Ford Bronco several weeks ahead of Ford's multi-million-dollar reveal of the new platform. (The reveal, initially planned to be conducted live in front of a large studio audience filled with automotive press members, had been delayed in order to retool it as a remote event due to the emerging pandemic.)

Shortly thereafter, TFL personnel were SHOCKED to learn that they were "summarily disinvited" from Ford's official reveal for the new Bronco and the new F-150... which were huge events in the calendar year that TFL would no longer "be able to cover... as originally intended."

Basically, TFL decided to act like the TMZ-equivalent of the "automotive enthusiast press" without thinking through the ramifications of their actions. ?‍♂ Ford banished TFL from future press events, and as a Ford shareholder with a material holding, I agree 100% with their actions.
So if they released information that Ford officially gave them under embargo that's one thing. If information was leaked to them then why not publish? Or at least do so w/o retribution. This happens in the tech press ALL the time. Insiders say this, insiders say that? I feel like we don't know the whole story.
Sponsored