Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
Yep, certainly not exciting, but comfortable and very reliable. I think it bordered on being an Acura. The tech is dated now after 3-4 years and it didn't have a few safety features like backup warning and lane change alert, but I did like the camera in the right side-view mirror.
Honda severely miscalculated on the public being OK with a range of 85-90 miles for the BEV. Big fail in that department, but for those of us who could live with that, it was a REAL bargain for such a nice car.
Sponsored

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Mine was great for my commute, 15 miles one way. Had enough charge for an all electric round trip. But this past year, I was barely driving, which is awesome on electric. But I was lugging around the ICE and every couple of months, I take a long loop drive on gas just to keep it moving well. Decided I didn't need the ICE part and got the Mach-e. Nothing wrong with it, just didn't suit my needs anymore.

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Mine was great for my commute, 15 miles one way. Had enough charge for an all electric round trip. But this past year, I was barely driving, which is awesome on electric. But I was lugging around the ICE and every couple of months, I take a long loop drive on gas just to keep it moving well. Decided I didn't need the ICE part and got the Mach-e. Nothing wrong with it, just didn't suit my needs anymore.
You do realize you are now lugging around 40kwh more of battery than you need!

I liked the Clarity. As a former Volt owner, it was the spiritual successor of the Volt as the only PHEV that didn't have laughable range (i'm looking at you Volvo!)

I still think there is room for PHEVs for many people.

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
You do realize you are now lugging around 40kwh more of battery than you need!

I liked the Clarity. As a former Volt owner, it was the spiritual successor of the Volt as the only PHEV that didn't have laughable range (i'm looking at you Volvo!)

I still think there is room for PHEVs for many people.
But those 40kwh of battery don't cost me $4 a gallon ;)
Sponsored