The IONIC 5 will be able to have a home outlet using a charger adapter.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
I was watching this youtube video:

And at 6:20 he shows Hyundai will be shipping an adapter that plugs into the charge port of the car and can become an outlet.

I would like Ford to confirm if either we can use this adapter for ourselves or if Ford will be making one as well. This is game changing.

Ford Mustang Mach-E The IONIC 5 will be able to have a home outlet using a charger adapter. 1622746742750
Sponsored

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I watched that earlier. The coolest part is the ability to move the car forward or backward using the keyfob -- with the giant hood of the Mach-E, I'd love to be able to step out and push it forward a little more.

Looks like a great car though, a shame it's not in every state this year.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
As demonstrated in this video, this is a gimmick at best. Without knowing how much power it can actually deliver, I’m unimpressed.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
As demonstrated in this video, this is a gimmick at best. Without knowing how much power it can actually deliver, I’m unimpressed.
According to Hyundai the Ioniq 5 is able to provide 3.6 kilowatts of power using the vehicle to load function.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I would like Ford to confirm if either we can use this adapter for ourselves or if Ford will be making one as well. This is game changing.
This isn't going to work for the MME because it doesn't support bidirectional power. The F-150 lightning does, but you wouldn't need an adapter since it has outlets all over the place.

OP
OP
fayt349

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
This isn't going to work for the MME because it doesn't support bidirectional power. The F-150 lightning does, but you wouldn't need an adapter since it has outlets all over the place.
Can an update come to allow it? I'm sure the design can't be that much different.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
The Ioniq 5 also has an internal plug socket in the rear that also offers the vehicle to load function, I think it would have looked much better if they had added an external one under a lockable flap, guess the rather clunky looking adapter is much cheaper.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
And they're each different implementation strategies. The F-150 uses its lower DC pins and a CCS coupler to send out power, while the Ioniq is using J1772 pins only. Not sure that either one is following a published standard.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Anxious to hear the final pricing. I thought of waiting on buying the Mach E for this release, but the Mach E was available immediately and I had a Trade Credit, so no sales tax. The Hyundai will not have options financing or any rebates. We have a '19 Ioniq EV that has been flawless and 33% more efficient than the Mach E. It was also a $79/mo lease with nothing out of pocket with a very low buy out. But the Mach E is fun.....

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Anxious to hear the final pricing. I thought of waiting on buying the Mach E for this release, but the Mach E was available immediately and I had a Trade Credit, so no sales tax. The Hyundai will not have options financing or any rebates. We have a '19 Ioniq EV that has been flawless and 33% more efficient than the Mach E. It was also a $79/mo lease with nothing out of pocket with a very low buy out. But the Mach E is fun.....
I considered waiting for it, because I think it looks cool as hell, and the tech is great. But they aren't selling it in my state this year, and I don't really want to travel to test drive one, I'd only want to travel with 100% intent to buy. I was willing to travel for the Mach-E because they had demos in my city.

Also, the Mach-E just looks so much better. I love the looks of the Ioniq (I am a software developer and all the nerdy touches speak to me), but the Mach-E is just plain beautiful.

Also, we've owned two Hyundais (I had a Genesis Coupe, my wife currently owns a Kona), and both have had fit & finish problems, they still take shortcuts to meet their price point.

dw0095

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium
Country flag
Id expect a Korean car company to excel in the electronics department most likely bringing cool new ideas into the mainstream. I love that we are now looking left and right for EV options. Better than the old days of Tesla, volt and leaf.

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
I wanted to be impressed with this car, but after watching a few videos, I can't get past the theme of using square patterns everywhere. Reminds me of an 80's pixelated video game.
Ford Mustang Mach-E The IONIC 5 will be able to have a home outlet using a charger adapter. Unknown
Sponsored