JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
From Ford's sales numbers released on Friday (article here: https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...les-f-series-ranger-third-quarter/5892714002/)

The key paragraph for the "not a Mustang" crowd is this:
Meanwhile, the iconic Mustang sold 13,851, a drop in sales of 18%. Despite the legendary popularity of Mustang, the public continues to indicate a decreasing desire for cars.
Just note the comparison of numbers between the pickups and the Mustang (200k+ vs 13k).

So what was that a Ford exec said a while ago something about the Mach-E being important for Mustang's survival or something.
Sponsored

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
From Ford's sales numbers released on Friday (article here: https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...les-f-series-ranger-third-quarter/5892714002/)

The key paragraph for the "not a Mustang" crowd is this:

Just note the comparison of numbers between the pickups and the Mustang (200k+ vs 13k).

So what was that a Ford exec said a while ago something about the Mach-E being important for Mustang's survival or something.
So the MachE just quadrupled the iconic Mustang sales reported? I would consider that an important step in "saving the brand".

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
2020 2019
47,637 55,365 -14.0

Yes down 14% on the year. How much COVID played into don't know
Sure Covid played some part but that probably applies to all car sales. Mustang 2 door sports car is a niche and I am sure in 18 months Mach E will be outselling the 2dr ICE Mustang.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I bet the two will in some ways look more similar in two years time when the next generation Mustang coupe is due. I’d be surprised if there isn’t an EV variant of the coupe planned for the next generation.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I bet the two will in some ways look more similar in two years time when the next generation Mustang coupe is due. I’d be surprised if there isn’t an EV variant of the coupe planned for the next generation.
I agree.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
And I'm not sure all the Mach-E orderers bought it because it is an EV Mustang who would have otherwise bought a regular one if the Mach-E wasn't available.

I'm not a huge Mustang fan, but I love the Mustang Mach-E. My 14 yo likes the traditional one and I'll buy her that when she gets her license.
You are right - I would have not bought a traditional mustang - great car but not for me - the Mach E happened at the same time I was looking for an EV.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
And I'm not sure all the Mach-E orderers bought it because it is an EV Mustang who would have otherwise bought a regular one if the Mach-E wasn't available.

I'm not a huge Mustang fan, but I love the Mustang Mach-E. My 14 yo likes the traditional one and I'll buy her that when she gets her license.
Before the MME was announced, I had thought to myself that if I decided to a get a new car, I’d really want to get another Mustang despite already having one because its such an enjoyable car to drive. But I also wanted to have an SUV. And also wanted an electric.

Luckily, Ford read my mind, and now I’m gonna keep my Mustang coupe and replace my Equinox with the MME.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Geez, that is generous. I didn't get my mom's hand-me-down granada until midway through my freshman year of college - after riding the bus to campus for months. And yes, I commuted all 4 years to get my batchelor's degree so I could work part time. The whole degree cost me $10,000; I can't believe what private schools charge today.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
2020 2019
47,637 55,365 -14.0

Yes down 14% on the year. How much COVID played into don't know
I drove a traditional Mustang when my Escape was in the shop. I didn't like it. I didn't like being so low to the ground and not being able to see around the traffic. I didn't find the seats as comfortable. When I heard about this version of the Mustang that was an electric SUV I was immediately interested. I wanted Electric for my next vehicle, this one checks all the boxes. I know I can count on Ford for quality and service.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Geez, that is generous. I didn't get my mom's hand-me-down granada until midway through my freshman year of college - after riding the bus to campus for months. And yes, I commuted all 4 years to get my batchelor's degree so I could work part time. The whole degree cost me $10,000; I can't believe what private schools charge today.
I didn't say new mustang. It'll be used, but she wants white with stripes. I anticipate her getting a merit scholarship, so that will be easier on my pockets.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Before the MME was announced, I had thought to myself that if I decided to a get a new car, I’d really want to get another Mustang despite already having one because its such an enjoyable car to drive. But I also wanted to have an SUV. And also wanted an electric.

Luckily, Ford read my mind, and now I’m gonna keep my Mustang coupe and replace my Equinox with the MME.
I'm all about electrification. Was looking at all the Tesla models except for MX. Costs to much, my sister has one, and my wife doesn't like it.

Mach-E fits my needs nicely. I'm glad Ford was reading your mind. That was beneficial to all of us. ?
Sponsored