Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
This is mainly for those that have used cars with A/C seats. I have an Edge with cooled seats and I’m thinking of trading it in for the Mach-E.

If you’ve been driving a Mach-E for some time during the hottest part of the year, did you miss having A/C or ventilated seats? Did you notice not having the feature or does the design on the seats do a good job of letting your backsides breathe? Do the seats get super hot parked in the summer sun?
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
This is mainly for those that have used cars with A/C seats. I have an Edge with cooled seats and I’m thinking of trading it in for the Mach-E.

If you’ve been driving a Mach-E for some time during the hottest part of the year, did you miss having A/C or ventilated seats? Did you notice not having the feature or does the design on the seats do a good job of letting your backsides breathe? Do the seats get super hot parked in the summer sun?
I’ve never had A/C seats but they seen better than some cars I’ve had before.

Reactions: ARK

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Had cooled seats in our Fusion Energi. Loved them.

Cannot comprehend why the Mach-E was made with heated seats but not cooled or even ventilated seats. Drove 2 long trips and really missed them. After loading the car, was a bit hot. Minutes into the drive, lower back and other sweaty. Didn't dry out until after first stop. Next trip I loaded before shower, took shower and cooled down, then left. Still not ideal.

Big miss lack of cooled or ventilated seats. Huge miss.

OP
OP
bncwhite

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
Had cooled seats in our Fusion Energi. Loved them.

Cannot comprehend why the Mach-E was made with heated seats but not cooled or even ventilated seats. Drove 2 long trips and really missed them. After loading the car, was a bit hot. Minutes into the drive, lower back and other sweaty. Didn't dry out until after first stop. Next trip I loaded before shower, took shower and cooled down, then left. Still not ideal.

Big miss lack of cooled or ventilated seats. Huge miss.
If you could rewind time, would you still buy the Mach-E knowing what you know now? Are they a dealbreaker for you?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I would still buy, but very disappointed. I definitely want them in the Lightning.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Isn't an issue for me. Seats feel cool and comfortable even while sitting out in the 118F heat.

The only time I have gotten a little sweaty in the car is when I drove it home from the dealership. I later chalked it up to the anxiety of completing such a large transaction that was nearly 12 months in the making.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Agree with Greg above. Had the Premium all summer and many days it sat in temps above 110F and I had no problems with the seats. I do have the white interior so they only just got warm. I have the GT/PE with gray interior and Mico cloth so don’t think much will change. I have the same material in the GT500 Recaros and I’m the Focus RS Recaros with no issues and they are black.

As far as driving in hot temps, the car has a great AC system and can keep the interior very cool if you want it to. I think the cooled seat option is kind of a personal preference thing. Some people may run more hot than others. I prefer warm weather over cold and I have to have heated seats in any car I own. I even installed seat heaters in the Recaros of my GT500.

I have tried cooled seats on Edge’s, Mustangs, Expeditions and Navigators and never found them to be of use to me plus didn’t like the fan noise they created. I know friends of mine that would not buy a vehicle without cooled seats so it might just depend on the individual.

Reactions: ARK

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
This is the one feature that made me hesitate before I pulled the trigger. Yes I do miss the ac being pushed through the seat.
The Kia EV6 has this feature. So did my Kia Optima & Sportage

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Obviously personal preference is a big part of this, but also climate probably plays a huge role. VA (and most areas on the east coast) is very humid. This makes sweat a bigger issue. Personally I sweat easily, and have always had a big problem with riding long distances without ventilated seats. I seriously hesitated before buying my MME because of the lack of ventilated seats. Ventilated seats was on my list of "must have" features prior to falling in love with the MME.

That said, the GT and GTPE have different seat material and might have better air movement back there, and ventilated seats might not be necessary. I am interested in hearing from GT owners who wanted ventilated seats regarding how well the GT seats work with long drives.

Although ugly, this is what I plan to use if the seats cause me to sweat:

Ford Mustang Mach-E The lack of A/C Seats 1635590176328

It actually works well and solves the sweat problem in my E320 that does not have ventilated seats. I will move it to the GT if necessary.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag

Agreed, my last 4 vehicles have had them and I like them very much. I would wager to guess they are a power hog and not good for range

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
This is the one feature that made me hesitate before I pulled the trigger. Yes I do miss the ac being pushed through the seat.
The Kia EV6 has this feature. So did my Kia Optima & Sportage
My KIA Sorento with leather had them, my Accord Hybrid with fake leather didn’t. The hybrid doesn’t seem to sweat. I’m okay without.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
Living in GA and having to park the car outside for work during the summer, the seats were hot when first getting in but car cools off very fast and then it's not really a problem. I had cooled seats in my Lexus and they worked great, had to turn them off after about 10 minutes. For the Mach, that's about the time the seats are hot before the ac takes over. I do think they should have had it as an option on a $50K+ car

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I wish it had ventilated seats, my last car had them.

I found on road trips I can survive if I drive without pants (get good window tint).

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
I tend to run hot so love cooled seats. My Lincoln MKZ had cooled seats and the Mach-E not having it was definitely a factor that made me second guess whether to get it.

Realistically, the Mach-E seats are fine though. Takes a little longer to cool down if I'm coming in all hot and bothered, but not a deal breaker by any means. Eventually when the car is cooled down then so will your behind. ?

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge St, 2021 Lincoln Aviator BL GT
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
Alot of people get confused about this most cars only have vented seats it's just a fan moving air which helps. Then there are AC seats that actually get cold and move air.

The edge does have AC seats and they are amazing my 07 mkx had them as well. I love them my wife never uses them. But Lincoln 2018 mkc ,2021 aviator only have vented same with our 18 Lexus and it I didn't think really do much. Really confused how 21 aviator don't have AC seats I was disappointed but it's the wife's car so I'm not in it much.

I said I would never buy a car without a seats for me but the mach e came. I made the decision I will sacrifice the loss for the mache. I use AC seats 24/7 in my car I never use heated. I will miss it but I think as always I'll get over it. Heated steering wheel anymore is a must though as I get older it seems to help better.
Sponsored