The Last of the 21's

Up and Over

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, Iconic Silver
Country flag
In a similar situation. Trying to keep the faith but if this drags well into the spring, that’s going to be tough.

Coming to the end of January and I continue to wait....for a 2021 while others have their 2022's shipped
Sponsored

RWG

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We ordered our MMe on 5/5/2021 and got it on 1/9/2022. First time I have ever waited 7 months for a car. However, I didn't really mind the wait because I am fully aware the global supply chain is messed up and I understand the unfortunate position Ford was in. But Ford was disappointing regarding any information on the order. There was never any official Ford communication regarding the delays, only anecdotal verbal comments from the dealer. I even called Ford, Detroit, but they were no help either. If I was the dealer, I would have been very disappointed. They could not get any up to date info either and it just made them look stupid.

During the 7 month wait, I continued to receive dozens of Ford marketing emails, encouraging me to buy other Ford products or telling my how much I will enjoy the MMe, but never anything about my order status or delays. and when I checked the MyFord website, the information presented was lacking, if the website worked at all, it frequently did not. To this day, the reservation I made for the Ford Lightning PIckup has never appeared on the MyFord webpage, yet I did get a confirmation email. Curious . . . ? When I called Ford, to ask why the LIghting was not listed as reserved I was told they had so many orders, the system could not handle it and they were working on fixing it. As an IT professional, that is just plain BS. A couple of hundred thousand order reservations, for a robust online reservation system is a drop in the bucket , so no excuses. This just means to me Ford had not invested in their web based systems properly. Their behind the scenes IT infrastructure is a mess . . .

I find it curious that Ford was content with their customers getting order delay comments/information through 3rd party, internet based sources. I would have thought some type of official communication would have been a more professional, brand centric approach. With all of the EV hype, news and misinformation going around I would have thought they would choose to control the narrative, but they did not, or at least I did not see any effort.

The automotive business is changing, I ordered this car online, $500 down on a credit card, and paid MSRP price upon delivery. The purchasing experience was frustrating, no follow up information. As the automotive business model evolves, Ford may want to consider some different strategies. If I order something on Amazon, I get immediate confirmation, expected delivery dates, etc., and if there is a delay I get an email, apologizing for the delay with new delivery timing details, and it doesn't make any difference if it is an item for $5, or $5,000. Unfortunately for Ford, they will be compared to other online retailers and at the moment the Ford buying experience did not meet expectations.

Conclusion:

NIce vehicle , so far, lousy buying experience. ?

Mach80MME

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition/MME on Order
Country flag
^^^^^^
Well stated and exactly my feelings as well.
My 5/10/21 order has been pushed back again to 2/11/22

No notification from Ford or the Dealer.

Equal to dealing with the IRS or other mindless government agencies.

StillWaiting

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tahoe
Occupation
Self
Country flag
^^^^^^
Well stated and exactly my feelings as well.
My 5/10/21 order has been pushed back again to 2/11/22

No notification from Ford or the Dealer.

Equal to dealing with the IRS or other mindless government agencies.
3/24 order. Showing 2/12/22 delivery. I'm fairly sure it's still in Mexico.

StillWaiting

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tahoe
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Yup, well aware that others have it worse. Hopefully we all get cleaned up soon.
Sorry, I wasn't implying that I had it worse. It's my hope that we can come to the Forum and look for answers about the MME that we all are driving!

rohankumar

First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
We ordered our MMe on 5/5/2021 and got it on 1/9/2022. First time I have ever waited 7 months for a car. However, I didn't really mind the wait because I am fully aware the global supply chain is messed up and I understand the unfortunate position Ford was in. But Ford was disappointing regarding any information on the order. There was never any official Ford communication regarding the delays, only anecdotal verbal comments from the dealer. I even called Ford, Detroit, but they were no help either. If I was the dealer, I would have been very disappointed. They could not get any up to date info either and it just made them look stupid.

During the 7 month wait, I continued to receive dozens of Ford marketing emails, encouraging me to buy other Ford products or telling my how much I will enjoy the MMe, but never anything about my order status or delays. and when I checked the MyFord website, the information presented was lacking, if the website worked at all, it frequently did not. To this day, the reservation I made for the Ford Lightning PIckup has never appeared on the MyFord webpage, yet I did get a confirmation email. Curious . . . ? When I called Ford, to ask why the LIghting was not listed as reserved I was told they had so many orders, the system could not handle it and they were working on fixing it. As an IT professional, that is just plain BS. A couple of hundred thousand order reservations, for a robust online reservation system is a drop in the bucket , so no excuses. This just means to me Ford had not invested in their web based systems properly. Their behind the scenes IT infrastructure is a mess . . .

I find it curious that Ford was content with their customers getting order delay comments/information through 3rd party, internet based sources. I would have thought some type of official communication would have been a more professional, brand centric approach. With all of the EV hype, news and misinformation going around I would have thought they would choose to control the narrative, but they did not, or at least I did not see any effort.

The automotive business is changing, I ordered this car online, $500 down on a credit card, and paid MSRP price upon delivery. The purchasing experience was frustrating, no follow up information. As the automotive business model evolves, Ford may want to consider some different strategies. If I order something on Amazon, I get immediate confirmation, expected delivery dates, etc., and if there is a delay I get an email, apologizing for the delay with new delivery timing details, and it doesn't make any difference if it is an item for $5, or $5,000. Unfortunately for Ford, they will be compared to other online retailers and at the moment the Ford buying experience did not meet expectations.

Conclusion:

Very well put, the way I see it Ford's tried to duplicate the online sales experience that Tesla has very well refined but obviously didn't put enough resources behind implementing. They thought by banking on a hybrid system : online for order placement and for the tried and trusted dealership model to provide routine updates they could make it work. The forgot that dealers don't seem to have much interest in selling MME's and also don't have any more insights on order progress that we can drum up on this forum.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the vehicle, hoping I can make it till the end (currently listed for a 4/19 delivery for e 2021 Premium MME) before other options (less preferred) come through.

Mach80MME

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition/MME on Order
Country flag
Sorry, I wasn't implying that I had it worse. It's my hope that we can come to the Forum and look for answers about the MME that we all are driving!
Didn't take it that way, Cheers!

KHwlc317

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag

Conclusion:

You pretty much summed it up. No doubt it's challenging to build cars these days but pretty easy to communicate with your dealer and/or final customers by comparison.

Ordered/confirmed my car 5/28 and after many delays tracker is showing 4/16 projected delivery.

nitinkumar00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Mach e
Country flag
You pretty much summed it up. No doubt it's challenging to build cars these days but pretty easy to communicate with your dealer and/or final customers by comparison.

Ordered/confirmed my car 5/28 and after many delays tracker is showing 4/16 projected delivery.
The fact is ford is not building car by order dates. Which is totally jacked up. They seem to be doing it by dealer production it seems that is why people are having to wait much longer than others. I mean why does it matter? Car is gonna be sold anyways? no reason you should be waiting a year for a car when some people are getting it in 6 months or less. It would have been so much better and simpler if they just made and delivered your car in order.
Sponsored