The Mach-E ice breakers

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
We all know about the ice breakers in the doors, but I think I found another ice breaker in the front grill shutters.

Tonight is particularly cold for Utah at 11F (-11C) due to drop down to 5F. (Yes I know it gets down to -4,000 where you Canadians are) When I got into the garage I plugged the car in to charge and heard an AWFUL racket coming from the grill shutters.. I instantly knew that they had been jammed with ice from stray car wash water from earlier.

I bent down to see if I could free them up, but it seemed the car already knew what to do and was working on it all by itself.

It was opening and closing them, and wiggling them back and forth, each time opening them a little wider. They still made horrid sounds, but it got them open. I guess there's another ice breaking mechanism.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Long Range
Country flag
Yep, I saw mine do the same thing.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
We all know about the ice breakers in the doors, but I think I found another ice breaker in the front grill shutters.

Tonight is particularly cold for Utah at 11F (-11C) due to drop down to 5F. (Yes I know it gets down to -4,000 where you Canadians are) When I got into the garage I plugged the car in to charge and heard an AWFUL racket coming from the grill shutters.. I instantly knew that they had been jammed with ice from stray car wash water from earlier.

I bent down to see if I could free them up, but it seemed the car already knew what to do and was working on it all by itself.

It was opening and closing them, and wiggling them back and forth, each time opening them a little wider. They still made horrid sounds, but it got them open. I guess there's another ice breaking mechanism.

I have a few icebreaker suggestions:

Ask her “when is the last time she got a full charge

Ask if she is an “AC of DC gal?”

Ask if she likes “long treks or short hauls on the weekend?”

Try complimenting her shoes, or if feeling bold her tail end.

If all goes well you can ask for a ride.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The shutter material breaks quite easily as my recent collision with a small animal can attest.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Ok, I’ll bite. What are the ice breakers in the doors?

snowy_91

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Ice Blue GT Performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I never wash my cars when the temps drop below freezing, it breaks to many parts.

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I never wash my cars when the temps drop below freezing, it breaks to many parts.
And thus the dilemma, deal with the ice, or leave the awful road salt on the car... Both options are bad ?

ReelSweet

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I was just looking at my MME and it's killing me seeing all this salt/dirt on it. I was debating whether to take it to the touch-less wash but at this moment it's 38 degrees in CT and will drop below freezing later tonight...go for the wash, wipe her down and put in the garage or keep the salt?

this MME seems to get water into very little crevice

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I was just looking at my MME and it's killing me seeing all this salt/dirt on it. I was debating whether to take it to the touch-less wash but at this moment it's 38 degrees in CT and will drop below freezing later tonight...go for the wash, wipe her down and put in the garage or keep the salt?

this MME seems to get water into very little crevice
I personally went for the wash and garage route (with a delay between) but it ended up ok

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
It's the plunger inside each door that pushes against the pillar to open.
Ford actually calls those the “Presenters.” ??

Back in the day, people who shaved their door handles called them “door poppers.” ??

GibUtes

First Name
Gib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
“The Scout Trooper” 2022 Premium Space White
Country flag
Unlimited car washes are a nice option when there's that terrible road salt. Too bad the lines at Quick Quack are a million cars after every snow storm.
Sponsored