First Name
SportZnTouring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition (on Pre-Order), 2018 370z Nismo
Country flag
Here's an overview of the interior of the All Electric Mustang Mach-E and my feelings about it! I attended the Ford Go Electric Exhibition in Marble Arch, London where there were not one but two Ford Mustang Mach-Es on display. One of them, a First Edition in the colour that I ordered!

Enjoy!

Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There another range display where the numbers don't make sense. 280 mls @ 64% charge. With less than 1 mile on the odometer, it must be like a trip odometer calculation (i.e. adjusting on fly based on current usage). Meaning the numbers for such short samples are virtually meaningless.

Or it's just a fake set of numbers for demo purposes.

Lastly, I know this is petty, but that "mls" shorthand just bugs me. Never seen a car use that before, and for that matter I don't think I've ever seen that in common usage either.

OP
OP
SportZnTouring
First Name
SportZnTouring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There another range display where the numbers don't make sense. 280 mls @ 64% charge. With less than 1 mile on the odometer, it must be like a trip odometer calculation (i.e. adjusting on fly based on current usage). Meaning the numbers for such short samples are virtually meaningless.

Or it's just a fake set of numbers for demo purposes.

Lastly, I know this is petty, but that "mls" shorthand just bugs me. Never seen a car use that before, and for that matter I don't think I've ever seen that in common usage either.
Thanks for watching!

It's likely these are display numbers. This was one of 20 pre production display prototypes in the world. I think there's only 2 in the UK.

We're still months away from production so there's still work to do.

Was there anything you saw that you liked the look of?

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Not frunk for front truck, but froot for front boot. I love it. I lived in the UK for 5 years and always found it funny how different our common language really is. Ordered my FE in red but I am having second thoughts since seeing some good pictures of the carbonized gray.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I'm a bit envious of the Brits getting red calipers on their AWD Mach-Es.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The red calipers on the Premium trim would be really neat. Too bad it's not available to us Americans as it is in UK.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Was there anything you saw that you liked the look of?
I think that's the first video I've seen of that color. Looks nice. Gives the vehicle a little more distinguished, upscale look.

I enjoyed the interior shots, particularly from the back. Always appreciate when people say how tall they are so we can gauge perspective. Looks like you had lots of headroom in the back, even relative to the header rim behind the glass. The glass doesn't go back quite far enough to ensure a tall head won bump it. But looks like you had plenty of clearance even if you did tilt back a little.

I like that the rear cargo area is sunken down a few inches. Our Escapes are flush to the hatch opening. That's both good and bad. On the plus side it's easier on the back when hauling heavier items in/out (they just slide straight in without having to lift over a ledge). But on the minus side is we have to be careful opening the hatch because loose items (like from a Costco run) may have shifted around and roll out when the hatch opens.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
My Fiesta's hatchback has a sturdy, height-adjustable shelf that's layered over the actual floor, which is itself over the spare tire and jack. Above all of this is a privacy cover that's at the same level as the top of the rear seats. I think MME may be similar, but with an adjustable floor in lieu of the extra shelf? (And of course a tire repair kit instead of the spare tire.)

It will be interesting to see if the big styrofoam piece that's under the storage floor is removable. Maybe it will be possible to install a spare tire, or to lower the storage floor.

On the Fiesta, I usually leave the shelf at its higher position, for easier loading/unloading. It's almost flush with the reach over lip. Underneath the shelf, I keep it mostly empty space save for emergency items like jumper cables. If I need more room, I either lower the shelf (so it's directly on the floor) or remove it (and also the privacy cover) entirely.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Here's an overview of the interior of the All Electric Mustang Mach-E and my feelings about it! I attended the Ford Go Electric Exhibition in Marble Arch, London where there were not one but two Ford Mustang Mach-Es on display. One of them, a First Edition in the colour that I ordered!

Enjoy!
Very nice video, thanks! I have a question that I haven't seen a good answer to: what is the seating height like? Is closer to a sedan or a typical SUV?

OP
OP
SportZnTouring
First Name
SportZnTouring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks! The carbonized gray looks a lot lighter than I was expecting. I think I'll stick to infinity blue.
Having reviewed the content, I think it is actually iconic silver. Because it's a first edition spec, I believed it to be Carbonised Grey... However, I now think it's iconic silver.

Given that this is a pre-production prototype, it's feasible that it was made not to final spec hence first edition spec in all but colour.

Apologies for any error.
Sponsored