The Mach-E, Mustang Alley, and the 2021 Woodward Dream Cruise

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
Hello!

I have signed up to participate in the Mustang Alley show at the 2021 Woodward Dream Cruise. There's a catch: my Mach-E, a GT Performance Edition, won't be built until next week, and there's a decent chance that it won't be delivered in time for the show on August 21st. But I decided to take a glass half full approach and sign up anyway. :)

It got me to thinking, since it was canceled last year due to the pandemic (and anything but Ford's own pre-production models would not have existed yet in August anyway), this will be the first time that Mach-Es are out in the wild for the Cruise. Now, obviously with Ford as the headline sponsor for not just Mustang Alley, but the entire show, this is going to be a "Mach-E friendly" event. Mind you, I wouldn't expect the prevailing sentiment to be anti-Mach-E on Ford's home turf anyway. At the same time, I am not so naive as to believe that there are no dissenters in the metro Detroit area. To the contrary, I expect there is a fairly small but nevertheless very vocal minority who are not just completely against the idea, but eager to vocalize their displeasure. Plus, with people coming in from all over the country, there is bound to be a wide range of feelings among show-goers. And that's completely cool! I can appreciate other perspectives, and truth be told, I rarely refer to the vehicle as a Mustang myself, if for no other reason than it's less cumbersome to just say "Mach-E" since everyone knows what that means. :)

At any rate, it all begs a number of questions. Is anyone on this forum planning to show off their Mach-E at the show? And if so, do you plan to park it at Mustang Alley (at least for awhile if not the whole day)? I know that Ford has announced that they will bring at least one Mach-E GT to the Cruise (presumably a pre-production build, but perhaps they'll have a serialized example in their possession by then). And aside from that, I expect they'll also have other Mach-Es on display as well. Does anyone know if they plan to display the Mach-E GT only with the other featured vehicles, the F150 Lighting and Bronco? Or will they bring it (or one) to Mustang Alley? Or maybe Ford plans to have a dedicated Mach-E area at Mustang alley? This would make a lot of sense since people who don't want to see Mach-Es can just avoid that section entirely.

Please chime in with your thoughts, knowledge, opinions. :)
Sponsored

RD Royce

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Digitalbstrategy
Country flag
Hello!

I have signed up to participate in the Mustang Alley show at the 2021 Woodward Dream Cruise. There's a catch: my Mach-E, a GT Performance Edition, won't be built until next week, and there's a decent chance that it won't be delivered in time for the show on August 21st. But I decided to take a glass half full approach and sign up anyway. :)

It got me to thinking, since it was canceled last year due to the pandemic (and anything but Ford's own pre-production models would not have existed yet in August anyway), this will be the first time that Mach-Es are out in the wild for the Cruise. Now, obviously with Ford as the headline sponsor for not just Mustang Alley, but the entire show, this is going to be a "Mach-E friendly" event. Mind you, I wouldn't expect the prevailing sentiment to be anti-Mach-E on Ford's home turf anyway. At the same time, I am not so naive as to believe that there are no dissenters in the metro Detroit area. To the contrary, I expect there is a fairly small but nevertheless very vocal minority who are not just completely against the idea, but eager to vocalize their displeasure. Plus, with people coming in from all over the country, there is bound to be a wide range of feelings among show-goers. And that's completely cool! I can appreciate other perspectives, and truth be told, I rarely refer to the vehicle as a Mustang myself, if for no other reason than it's less cumbersome to just say "Mach-E" since everyone knows what that means. :)

At any rate, it all begs a number of questions. Is anyone on this forum planning to show off their Mach-E at the show? And if so, do you plan to park it at Mustang Alley (at least for awhile if not the whole day)? I know that Ford has announced that they will bring at least one Mach-E GT to the Cruise (presumably a pre-production build, but perhaps they'll have a serialized example in their possession by then). And aside from that, I expect they'll also have other Mach-Es on display as well. Does anyone know if they plan to display the Mach-E GT only with the other featured vehicles, the F150 Lighting and Bronco? Or will they bring it (or one) to Mustang Alley? Or maybe Ford plans to have a dedicated Mach-E area at Mustang alley? This would make a lot of sense since people who don't want to see Mach-Es can just avoid that section entirely.

Please chime in with your thoughts, knowledge, opinions. :)
I’ve never been to the Dream Cruise but like you thought it might be fun to drive my Mach-e in it. Have no idea how it all works, though.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I’ve never been to the Dream Cruise but like you thought it might be fun to drive my Mach-e in it. Have no idea how it all works, though.
I plan on just doing one lap up and down Woodward in the Mach-E. Probably not getting out of the car, there’s plenty to see along the route.

OP
OP

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
Wow, I nearly forgot about this thread. Since no one replied after a week or so, I just figured no one from this forum was going. :)

Unfortunately my Mach-E was delayed from the original delivery date and won't arrive until September (if the current estimate holds). Had it made the original August 20th estimate, I would have been able to participate. ? Oh well.

I am still planning to go though because I know Ford will have at least one Mach-E GT there, and I've never seen one in person. Plus, I'm extremely curious about how the Mach-E will be represented at Mustang Alley and the cruise in general.
Sponsored