The MachE has been accepted in the PNW by the Mustang crowd

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
After three days with the MachE, I can say that I'm really pleased with this car. No issues, I've just been having fun with it. It definitely turns heads and invites conversation, even from total strangers in parking lots. I've heard, "What's that!" and "Sweet Ride" many times.

Some of the best reactions have been from ICE Mustang owners. It gets noticed! A GT was coming up behind on the highway and when he noticed it, made an obvious attempt to play catch up. The driver pulled along the side and both he and his passenger were looking and giving me the thumbs up. We decided to have a little fun. Two ponies, one powered on petrol and one on electrons sprinting down the interstate side by side (speed limit be damned, albeit safely).

I later pulled off the highway up behind a Shelby Cobra 500 sitting at the light. When he noticed me behind he clearly pulled to the outer lane and I to the inner lane when the light changed so he could get a good glimpse. He followed me around for about a half mile to get a good look at all the angles. I even saw an approving nod.

But the best experience I've had was taking my neighbor's eight year old son for a spin around the neighborhood. His first all electric ride. He was quick to point out that he'd been in electric cars but that they also used gas part of the time. Another future driver converted.
Sponsored

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Yesterday I noticed the same thing. Mustang owner who saw me cruising as she passed, then slowed down to make sure she could see the car. I took the invitation to speed up and she kept up for a while. When we hit a straight stretch of freeway I finally fully look over and she "raises the roof," I nod, smile, and floor it while she keeps up. We finally took different forks of the freeway.

I've also had owners of Audi and Land Rover cars checking out my car, smiling approvingly. I couldn't tell you whether Tesla owners pay attention as I never look back as I pass them.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
After three days with the MachE, I can say that I'm really pleased with this car. No issues, I've just been having fun with it. It definitely turns heads and invites conversation, even from total strangers in parking lots. I've heard, "What's that!" and "Sweet Ride" many times.

Some of the best reactions have been from ICE Mustang owners. It gets noticed! A GT was coming up behind on the highway and when he noticed it, made an obvious attempt to play catch up. The driver pulled along the side and both he and his passenger were looking and giving me the thumbs up. We decided to have a little fun. Two ponies, one powered on petrol and one on electrons sprinting down the interstate side by side (speed limit be damned, albeit safely).

I later pulled off the highway up behind a Shelby Cobra 500 sitting at the light. When he noticed me behind he clearly pulled to the outer lane and I to the inner lane when the light changed so he could get a good glimpse. He followed me around for about a half mile to get a good look at all the angles. I even saw an approving nod.

But the best experience I've had was taking my neighbor's eight year old son for a spin around the neighborhood. His first all electric ride. He was quick to point out that he'd been in electric cars but that they also used gas part of the time. Another future driver converted.
Very cool! Are you liking the "pep" of the car? It keeps up with the others (reasonably) with no problem?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yesterday I noticed the same thing. Mustang owner who saw me cruising as she passed, then slowed down to make sure she could see the car. I took the invitation to speed up and she kept up for a while. When we hit a straight stretch of freeway I finally fully look over and she "raises the roof," I nod, smile, and floor it while she keeps up. We finally took different forks of the freeway.

I've also had owners of Audi and Land Rover cars checking out my car, smiling approvingly. I couldn't tell you whether Tesla owners pay attention as I never look back as I pass them.
I passed a Model 3 from the opposite direction a few days ago. He gave me a wave prior to us passing.

Over the weekend: First time I've walked out of the grocery store to someone taking pics of my car (he had to take 5 or more by the time I got to the car).

On that same trip I fell for some brilliant Girl Scout marketing (the girls were standing on a corner with a sign "Girl Scout Cookies ----->" had to stop for some cookies. The family had their table setup at the end of their driveway so you could just pull up: "Give me 6 of those, 10 of those, and a full box there..." I had on a Baby Yoda (aka Grogu) mask on so all the Scouts were "I love Baby Yoda he's so cute" except for the lone dad...."I love your car!!"

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
Just picked up my Baby last night in Snohomish, we stopped at Freddie's, because, National Margarita Day, and I was approached by a guy who loved Grabber Blue! LOL he didn't seem to realize it was a new EV...
Ford Mustang Mach-E The MachE has been accepted in the PNW by the Mustang crowd received_3700964536645998

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Glad most people's interactions are positive. My guess is that the strong majority of people in general and Mustang owners in particular will have good feelings about this car and will be happy to see it. As usual the grumpiest people with the most free time will spend it grousing publicly and make it look like sentiment is strongly in one direction when it really isn't.

My guess is that the people objecting to this car being a Mustang are not actually objecting to any specs (well, except the SUV designation maybe... If this car is an SUV then so is my Prius..), but instead reacting to "identity politics" where many people have been convinced that someone is out to get them and destroy their way of life. "First they took away good lightbulbs, then they took away good showerheads, and now they have come for our precious MUSTANG!" Those folks are unlikely to be convinced, because it isn't actually the car they are mad at, it is something much larger and more complex. Best case is just to smile and wave.

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Glad most people's interactions are positive. My guess is that the strong majority of people in general and Mustang owners in particular will have good feelings about this car and will be happy to see it. As usual the grumpiest people with the most free time will spend it grousing publicly and make it look like sentiment is strongly in one direction when it really isn't.

My guess is that the people objecting to this car being a Mustang are not actually objecting to any specs (well, except the SUV designation maybe... If this car is an SUV then so is my Prius..), but instead reacting to "identity politics" where many people have been convinced that someone is out to get them and destroy their way of life. "First they took away good lightbulbs, then they took away good showerheads, and now they have come for our precious MUSTANG!" Those folks are unlikely to be convinced, because it isn't actually the car they are mad at, it is something much larger and more complex. Best case is just to smile and wave.
I have to say - that I have been saying that the Mach E is much more of a Crossover or "CUV", acknowledging that the technical definition that Ford has to align with requires they call it a "SUV" (I know I read that somewhere but I can't provide a reference). Then I took delivery - where my first test drive was in my own car ?

The Mach E has a beefy muscled feel - a wide stance and firmly planted, and I ride taller than I expected. The interior is very nice - luxury I expect in a SUV over a sports car... I would accept a CUV designation any day...

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Don't forget the low-volume toilets ?

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag

I will say that we get looks in my wife's 2020 Defender. It is pretty badass, with a unique color and lots of accessories. It is a towering vehcile that is extrmely off road capable. WIth some very impressive tech to its own. They're still hard to find and rare to see on the road. At least where we live. And get thumbs up in my '68 Mustang, which is just normal. Got plenty of looks and people asking about the Maserati I had that I traded in for the FE. Same thing about my very unique Moto Guzzi bike (I like Italian...). What is that?! All that being said is not to try and be braggy or whatever, but to illustrate my next point. Nothing I have ever driven gets the looks that this FE gets, and I have gray. Sure, a lot of people detest it based on what it is. But then a lot of people are just so excited about it, especially once they see the inside.

Went and go hair cut, people outside taking pics and videos. Driving down the road, people looking and taking pics. Going to Home Depot and getting trapped by people asking about it. It seems, most people are very excited about it and just think its cool.

Then my wife and I were at a bar, and we had parked right up front. Bright sunny day and people could see it. I heard the bartender and a few other people talking about it. Two guys at the bar making fun of it, "runs on unicorn farts", etc. And to be honest, few years ago that probably would have been me to an extent. But this Mach-E just drives so damn well. Hugs corners, is low and in control, and even fast. If all the haters just drop it, I think their opinion would change. This is the first EV I have ever driven. I am a bit enamored with it too. Still have my "Mustang card", so don't feel too badly. Actually, wife taking out the '68 tomorrow on a little day date.

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I will say that we get looks in my wife's 2020 Defender. It is pretty badass, with a unique color and lots of accessories. It is a towering vehcile that is extrmely off road capable. WIth some very impressive tech to its own. They're still hard to find and rare to see on the road. At least where we live. And get thumbs up in my '68 Mustang, which is just normal. Got plenty of looks and people asking about the Maserati I had that I traded in for the FE. Same thing about my very unique Moto Guzzi bike (I like Italian...). What is that?! All that being said is not to try and be braggy or whatever, but to illustrate my next point. Nothing I have ever driven gets the looks that this FE gets, and I have gray. Sure, a lot of people detest it based on what it is. But then a lot of people are just so excited about it, especially once they see the inside.

Went and go hair cut, people outside taking pics and videos. Driving down the road, people looking and taking pics. Going to Home Depot and getting trapped by people asking about it. It seems, most people are very excited about it and just think its cool.

Then my wife and I were at a bar, and we had parked right up front. Bright sunny day and people could see it. I heard the bartender and a few other people talking about it. Two guys at the bar making fun of it, "runs on unicorn farts", etc. And to be honest, few years ago that probably would have been me to an extent. But this Mach-E just drives so damn well. Hugs corners, is low and in control, and even fast. If all the haters just drop it, I think their opinion would change. This is the first EV I have ever driven. I am a bit enamored with it too. Still have my "Mustang card", so don't feel too badly. Actually, wife taking out the '68 tomorrow on a little day date.
This is great! It’s nice to know that drivers with more car experience than I have are also enamored (enchanted?) by the Mach E. It’s one thing for the car to get looks and compliments a lot (like my 2012 Camaro did in 2012) but it’s another thing where that same car that’s receiving compliments and stares is actually an amazing car to drive and feels extremely comfortable. That’s the magic of the Mach E to me. Has all the curb appeal that I want (even without the stares, makes me feel good when I approach it) plus the fun to drive thrills, and it’s a Mustang (I will always consider it so), AND it’s electric! A great combination that seems about perfect in the year 2021.

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Today is my 1 week anniversary - I love this vehicle - the power is more than expected, the looks are great - even got a Mustang drive up on my on the freeway with a combo WTF Thumbs Up and all smiles... The car itself is super comfy and quick as hell! Range is around 230 which is near perfect for our winter temps (I have to admit I have been playing around - so the range changes depending on if I am driving like a good girl should...) the only thing I have noticed is that I have a had a couple of glitches with FordPass, the PaaK works fine but to be honest I am not brave enough to leave my keys behind, I guess I need to order a faraday pouch!. the frunk is hard for me to close but I think I now have the muscle memory to get it closed the first time.

To those waiting - or getting worried with seeing some negative posts - this car is worth the wait in my opinion.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Today is my 1 week anniversary - I love this vehicle - the power is more than expected, the looks are great - even got a Mustang drive up on my on the freeway with a combo WTF Thumbs Up and all smiles... The car itself is super comfy and quick as hell! Range is around 230 which is near perfect for our winter temps (I have to admit I have been playing around - so the range changes depending on if I am driving like a good girl should...) the only thing I have noticed is that I have a had a couple of glitches with FordPass, the PaaK works fine but to be honest I am not brave enough to leave my keys behind, I guess I need to order a faraday pouch!. the frunk is hard for me to close but I think I now have the muscle memory to get it closed the first time.

To those waiting - or getting worried with seeing some negative posts - this car is worth the wait in my opinion.
Hey checking in. I’m still waiting for my Gb fe from Bickford. No issues I assume? This forum has become such a magnet for problems it’s hard to imagine a MME that works!

sambastang

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Veloster, 2021 Mustang Mach-E FE
Occupation
IT Engineer
Country flag
Hey checking in. I’m still waiting for my Gb fe from Bickford. No issues I assume? This forum has become such a magnet for problems it’s hard to imagine a MME that works!
This forum really has become the new "Nextdoor". ? Still madly in love with mine too.
Sponsored