OP
OH2AZ2OH

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Sometime today(7/15), palsapp updated. It now shows a trip from Louisville to my dealer, with status pending. I don't see a trip number yet, so I don't think it is physically moving at this moment, but this at least progress again.

On a side note, I stopped by the dealer yesterday to get an appraisal on my current vehicle. It was not a good number, mulitple thousands below the carvana quote from six weeks ago. Does anyone here have any interest in a 2011 Cadillac CTS Wagon, Luxury model, RWD (with a set of winter rims/tires)? DM me for more details. Otherwise, off to Carvana she goes.
Sponsored

OldEVGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sometime today(7/15), palsapp updated. It now shows a trip from Louisville to my dealer, with status pending. I don't see a trip number yet, so I don't think it is physically moving at this moment, but this at least progress again.

On a side note, I stopped by the dealer yesterday to get an appraisal on my current vehicle. It was not a good number, mulitple thousands below the carvana quote from six weeks ago. Does anyone here have any interest in a 2011 Cadillac CTS Wagon, Luxury model, RWD (with a set of winter rims/tires)? DM me for more details. Otherwise, off to Carvana she goes.
Sounds like it’s getting closer. Hopefully next week for you.

You might have already checked this out, but I got a quote from CarMax, on Edmunds.com, for my 2019 Jeep Cherokee. They offered $2K more than Carvana and Vroom. I had it verified at the Sawmill location, and did the deal. Very smooth and fast.

OP
OP
OH2AZ2OH

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Sounds like it’s getting closer. Hopefully next week for you.

You might have already checked this out, but I got a quote from CarMax, on Edmunds.com, for my 2019 Jeep Cherokee. They offered $2K more than Carvana and Vroom. I had it verified at the Sawmill location, and did the deal. Very smooth and fast.
Carmax only keeps cars 10 years or newer, and their offers are ok only if they will keep your car. The 2 cars I've taken there in the past have been older, and they didn't give me great offers. But, thanks for the reminder. They're close and it is worth stopping by. I recently sold my S2000 to ToyBarn since they beat the Carvana offer, but that was a better fit for them than the Caddy. Although, since mine is the wagon, they might be interested.

OP
OP
OH2AZ2OH

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Dispatched around 1 today! 6 vehicles on the truck, going to 3 different central Ohio dealers. My guess is that mine will be the 2nd or 3rd stop.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Good to see another OH delivery. There are several of us around, but I only see one on any kind of regular basis in the wild.

OldEVGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Good to see another OH delivery. There are several of us around, but I only see one on any kind of regular basis in the wild.
Right! Definitely good to see another Ohio delivery. I have yet to see my first one in the wild. I'll keep my eyes open for you.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
What's a herd nerder?

OP
OP
OH2AZ2OH

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Palsapp showed the delivery when I checked first thing yesterday morning. Car had been dropped off around 4AM, my rep texted me pictures around lunchtime, pick up scheduled for 5PM. I finally left the dealer after 8PM, ugh.... Around 45 minutes lost with my rep dealing with other customers -the dealer seemed a little short staffed.

Another half hour or so lost getting Options financing worked out; they actively were discouraging me from choosing Options. They didn't know about $1000 incentive or the 2.25% rate. To their credit, they were making it abundantly clear that there was going to be a large balloon payment, and they had had issues with customers not understanding/forgetting about that when trying to buy out traditional leases. Once I got him to run the actual numbers vs the loan, they came around. (You're welcome future MachE buyers considering Options financing).

Everything else actually went quite smoothly. Body panel gaps are all consistent. No pano roof misalignment. No unexpected wind noise. Kick to open hatch worked every single time. IP buzz is present, but at a low enough level that I would not have noticed it if it weren't for reading about it. Zero - absolutely ZERO - attempts to tack on extended warranty, fabric protection, underbody coating, nitrogen filled tires, etc. But, as I said it was after 8, and the finance guy cleared wanted to get home as much as I did at that point.

Let me know if you have any questions!
(The Nerd Herder is a reference to the TV Series "Chuck". The main character worked at a fictionalized consumer electronics/appliance store as part of their computer repair team called the Nerd Herd.) My wife and I are both engineers, and I tease my kids that they are doomed to be nerds.

OldEVGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Palsapp showed the delivery when I checked first thing yesterday morning. Car had been dropped off around 4AM, my rep texted me pictures around lunchtime, pick up scheduled for 5PM. I finally left the dealer after 8PM, ugh.... Around 45 minutes lost with my rep dealing with other customers -the dealer seemed a little short staffed.

Another half hour or so lost getting Options financing worked out; they actively were discouraging me from choosing Options. They didn't know about $1000 incentive or the 2.25% rate. To their credit, they were making it abundantly clear that there was going to be a large balloon payment, and they had had issues with customers not understanding/forgetting about that when trying to buy out traditional leases. Once I got him to run the actual numbers vs the loan, they came around. (You're welcome future MachE buyers considering Options financing).

Everything else actually went quite smoothly. Body panel gaps are all consistent. No pano roof misalignment. No unexpected wind noise. Kick to open hatch worked every single time. IP buzz is present, but at a low enough level that I would not have noticed it if it weren't for reading about it. Zero - absolutely ZERO - attempts to tack on extended warranty, fabric protection, underbody coating, nitrogen filled tires, etc. But, as I said it was after 8, and the finance guy cleared wanted to get home as much as I did at that point.

Let me know if you have any questions!
(The Nerd Herder is a reference to the TV Series "Chuck". The main character worked at a fictionalized consumer electronics/appliance store as part of their computer repair team called the Nerd Herd.) My wife and I are both engineers, and I tease my kids that they are doomed to be nerds.
Glad to hear it finally made it home! Post some pics when you get a chance.

OP
OP
OH2AZ2OH

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Glad to hear it finally made it home! Post some pics when you get a chance.
Pics coming, eventually. I'm going to try something different, need to think about it. I plan to get pictures at some of the different Dublin public arts works. Field of Corn, and one the Avery Park soccer balls are probably easiest,

OP
OP
OH2AZ2OH

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
This thing gets attention. I took my son and one of his friends for a 10 minute ride. After we got home, I mentioned that I saw one guy staring at it. My son said, "Dad, there were like 5 different groups of people staring at it." I got my haircut yesterday, and told my barber he should take a look at it after. He walked out to look at it, ran back into the barbershop, and brought the 3 others guys back out with him to check it out.
Sponsored