OP
OH2AZ2OH

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
I got an email from Ford today saying that they were processing the $500 refund and that it should credit my card in a few days. So that is finally straightened out, I think.

The issue with the driver's door only opening after another door is still there. They ordered a replacement latch module but didn't have an ETA on that. I specifically asked the tech if she disconnected the 12V battery. She said she unplugged/replugged the latch module to reset it and that had fixed it, but she was sure it was only temporary. When I got home, it behaved exactly as before. I'll probably attempt the 12V disconnect on my own, since I am not convinced the latch module is the problem based on what I've read here.

Possibly unrelated, but at some point, Intelligent cruise control got turned off. This morning, I exited I270 and restarted cruise in a 40mph zone that is stupid easy to speed in, and the car reactivated cruise at 72 mph instead of 40 + tolerance. Whoops. When I turned Intelligent cruise back on, the speed tolerance had also reset to zero. I had the issue where my audio settings weren't sticking to my profile, so I turned off profiles temporarily last week. That is what I think caused that setting to reset, not the dealer work, but I don't know for sure.
Sponsored

OP
OP
OH2AZ2OH

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Oh yeah, other than the door thing, which now that I've trained myself to open a rear door first isn't that big a deal, I am really, really happy with the car. The instant torque is addictive. It is so quiet and relaxing to drive. Being able to have a conversation at 70mph without having to raise your voice even the slightest is a revelation. The car is reporting a little over 220 miles on an 80% charge, which would be 275+ on a full charge. My reported lifetime consumption is 3.5 miles/kWh after 750 miles, which would be over 300 miles on a full charge.

I also got my first OTA update this week, which was seamless, even if nothing noticeable changed.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I fixed mine by disconnecting the 12 volt battery for 10 minutes.

OP
OP
OH2AZ2OH

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
I fixed mine by disconnecting the 12 volt battery for 10 minutes.
You just pulled the negative terminal, right? How hard way it to remove the panels? Did you lose or break any of the clips?

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just remove the back panel buy hand. Use a 10 mm wrench on battery terminal. Keep an Eye on clips. Not every spot has a clip.

OP
OP
OH2AZ2OH

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Just remove the back panel buy hand. Use a 10 mm wrench on battery terminal. Keep an Eye on clips. Not every spot has a clip.
Done! And fixed! I only left the battery disconnected for a minute or so.
Also fixed the door lock icon on the outside driver's door pillar that wasn't locking the car. One clip fell into the bowels, but I'm not too worried about that.

I did lose rear brake assist temporarily after. Owner's manual said to drive it on straight roads for a short bit, not sure why, but that seems to have fixed it. The estimated range took a noticeable hit, which seems to be pretty common when doing a reset. And it was finally starting to show realistic numbers, too, oh well.

Unrelated: My mobile charger threw a single yellow error light this morning. The car did charge to the target level though. I'm not sure if the error showed up when I unplugged, or if it came on sometime between the charge finishing and when I unplugged it. I unplugged the charger from the wall and plugged it back in, and it reset. A single yellow lights can indicate an overtemp condition, but it was relatively cool here last night, so I'm not sure why that was showing. The car did open the louvers and kick on the cooling fans when I started it, which seemed a little unusual, but they shut down pretty quickly. I've had that happen when it was parked outside with temps over 90, but don't recall that happening when it was garaged. I did have the windows down, so it is possible I just heard it better. I verified that the charger connector was fully seated. I'm hoping this is a one-off.

Last edited:

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Glade it worked.

OP
OP
OH2AZ2OH

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
I'm starting to see a few more MMEs around town. I saw another RR near the Plain City Costco, one of the greys near Sawmill/161, and one of the whites near the Budweiser plant this morning. I honked and waved at the white one, but the other two I was not in mine at the time.

OldEVGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm starting to see a few more MMEs around town. I saw another RR near the Plain City Costco, one of the greys near Sawmill/161, and one of the whites near the Budweiser plant this morning. I honked and waved at the white one, but the other two I was not in mine at the time.
I have yet to see one in the Columbus area, but I admit, since I’m retired, I don’t drive that often.

When we took our first road trip to Traverse City, MI, a few weeks ago, I saw 6 or 8 of them, in all colors. While we were charging in Bay City, a family from Arizona, in a black one, pulled in next to me. I still haven’t seen one in Grabber Blue.

OP
OP
OH2AZ2OH

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
A quick 1200 mile review, focusing on the cons. Overall, I really, really like this car, but sometimes I think an honest review of the cons can provide a helpful perspective.

1) The ride could be better. It's a little stiffer than I would like, and I do get the front-to-back rocking on certain road surfaces. It's not horrible, I just wish it was a little smoother. I'm guessing the Lincoln BEVs will be more to my liking when they start coming out.

2) The lack of a physical hatch button is an annoyance. If you never have anyone else in your car, it's a non-issue, since the button on the screen is pretty simple. But, if you carry passengers, they *always* open a door before I get to the hatch open button, which turns off the screen if the car is off. Paak (especially after the 12V disconnect) has been essentially flawless for me, so I never have the fob which has a hatch open button. The kick to open works pretty well, but not especially useful when an anxious teenager is waiting for the hatch to open to get his practice gear out of the car.

3) There are rare, but random Sync glitches for me. The big screen has locked once, and it decided it wanted to be in Light mode once, despite me verifying that Dark mode was selected. Propulsion sound refused to stay on a couple of times; I leave it off almost all the time, but I've had passengers as ask to hear it and had it fail. Rebooting fixed those.

4) Every automaker should just stick with a 3 dial HVAC setup. The Auto setting actually works quite well, but, especially with rear seat passengers, an easier way to boost the fan speed would be nice.

5) The frunk is so inconvenient to use as-is that I generally find it to not be worth the effort.

6) The FordPass app overall needs work, but at least I don't have the battery drain issues and constant crashing others have, although I've had a couple of recent crashes (iPhone 11). My Journeys is almost useless, all it does is tell me that I accelerate too hard. I suspect Journeys was causing my FordPass app crashes. I turned Journeys on the same day as the latest update, so it is hard to say for sure, though. I turned Journeys off in the app today, I'll be watching.

7) The estimated range seems to update on charging, not on use. The car will try very hard to adjust the range to meet the estimate in normal driving. So, if I drive 15 miles, but only use 12 miles of range, on the next trip, the car will "consume" 3 miles in the first half mile.

8) There are a few settings that are buried - and I mean buried - in the Navigation settings that are very hard to find. I always use Carplay for Nav, so it took me a long time to find them. I would get "(random business name) - No Traffic" alerts about half the time I started the car. School zone warnings outside of school times are useless. I don't want routing suggestions when I get in the car. All of those are settings in the native navigation. but not easy to find.

8) And this is just weird, but I have one set of bluetooth headphones that refuses to stay connected to my phone if the car is also connected. Everywhere in my house, my phone is connected to the car, so these headphones are now unusable at home for media - but they stay connected for phone calls. ???? They work fine at work or at a store where the MME connection is out of range.

OP
OP
OH2AZ2OH

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
I’ve noticed one new, or at least new to me, glitch. The skip track buttons on the steering wheel sometimes will not skip tracks. I use CarPlay exclusively, so I’m not sure it affects other modes. I can actually reboot Sync, which uses on of those buttons, and it has worked after, so this appears to be another Sync bug. I’ve not heard anyone else mention this one.
And for fun, here’s one of the harder to find pony logos.

AB5AE2F9-C6C1-462F-82A1-EF4CE6607A6A.jpeg
Sponsored