In descending order of sucktitude, describe how PAAK works for you.

• Total voters

Darauk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT PE, 2020 F-150, 2019 Altima
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
…the headlight knob problem happened again (first time in a couple weeks).
Headlight knob problem?
Sponsored

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Headlight knob problem?
Yeah it’s when the headlight knob changes itself from “auto” to “on”. You’ll know it happens when the headlights stay on (or turn on when you’re not even in it), or when the car makes a dinging sound when you open the door. The headlight mode on the knob won’t be illuminated, which is also a giveaway. It’s a pretty well known issue on this car as well as some other Ford models. They’re redesigning the headlight knob to fix this and apparently they’ll be replacing them in MMEs as soon as this month.

Darauk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT PE, 2020 F-150, 2019 Altima
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Yeah it’s when the headlight knob changes itself from “auto” to “on”….
Wow, good to know! I just took possession of my GTPE a few days ago. I rely on auto lights, I just leave it there and forget it. I’ll keep an eye out for this. Thanks!

Valkyrie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Occupation
Future Prediction
Country flag
Most of the time it works when I open the app, because I don't want to share my phone location data all the time with Ford. One request for the PassApp, Ford please turn off the banner at the top that permanently says you need to set location sharing to always. I'll never change that setting and yes I'd like to be able to close that reminder in the PassApp.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Most of the time it works when I open the app, because I don't want to share my phone location data all the time with Ford.
Seems like a huge pain to open FP every time you want to use PaaK. I would rather just carry a fob.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Seems like a huge pain to open FP every time you want to use PaaK. I would rather just carry a fob.
I'm so enjoying carrying a fast, reliable key fob after using Tesla's PAAK for 18 months.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
One full day without the fob.
Pretty light day, only made 10 trips. The first 5 drives were nearly perfect. Only issue was the failed kick to open to start my day but then the next 4 trips were good. The door opened on first press, start button worked on first press, walk away lock worked and kick to open worked each time I tried it.

During the 6th drive I got a message about key not found. At the end of that drive, walk away lock failed when I parked the car.
On the 7th and 8th drive, it took two presses for the door to open, start button didn't work so I had to enter the start code. Walk away locks didn't work nor did kick to open.
The 9th drive the kick to open did not work but the door did pop on the first try. Start button failed so enter the start code instead. Walk away lock failed so I force locked (since I was stopping to pick up dinner to take home).
Last drive to go home the door did not open even with multiple presses so the pillar code was required. Then I needed the start code again. Walk away lock did not work when I got home nor did the kick to open. I had to push the open button to get the hatch to open and then manually force lock the car before going into the house.

Statistics.
Kick to open worked 3 out of 10 times.
Door opened on first press 7 times, twice it required 2 presses and once it did not open so the door pillar code was needed.
Start button worked 6 times. The other 4 times required the start code to drive.
Walk away lock worked 5 out of 10 times

I am not sure how to grade PaaK after just one day but the fob does all these things first try every time. I guess it depends on each person's definition of working. If "working" means I didn't get stranded then it works fine. If PaaK is compared to the fob then it's half as good at best. Kick to open only working half the time makes that feature useless. No matter how many kicks I tried, it just didn't open.

I'll probably use PaaK when I go to the gym but every other time I'll be using the fob since it's been 100% for the last 18 months. Working thousands of time in a row is hard to beat. There is no way PaaK can match that sort of performance. Just isn't possible IMO...
Sounds like it’s operating like normal to me.

a number of times I open Fordpass and make sure it says Bluetooth connected and then it works. Sometimes it says it is connected and doesn’t work.

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select, 2019 Ram 1500
Occupation
retired
Country flag
i have never been able to successfully get it to work. So I gave up. Never could get it to even set up.

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select, 2019 Ram 1500
Occupation
retired
Country flag
2021 Job 2 MME that came woth two fobs. I have an iPhone 12 pro and I am unable to setup PAAK. I’ve tried everything suggested on the forums and then just gave up.
me too

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I just received 21B36 PAAK OTA two days ago. So far it has been a flawless PAAK experience since then. I was under the impression I already had that module update, so something must not have been applied fully. Hopefully it continues to be working this well. I’ll update my response after a few days of use.

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Knock on wood, my PAAK has been working pretty great this past week since picking up from shop. I don’t know if I received that specific update or not, but software was updated.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
My wife uses it exclusively. Has yet to take the fob with her, and has never complained.

Scratch that - she complains that I "lock her out of the house". To which I reply, "Then bring a house key with you" :) If onlyPAAK worked on our front door...

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Knock on wood, my PAAK has been working pretty great this past week since picking up from shop. I don’t know if I received that specific update or not, but software was updated.
I received yet another OTA this week. I think there was one last week as well....
Either they are just sending them out once a week to shut people up or they are actually getting good and finding issues that need to be corrected.

Either way, I can also say that PaaK seems to be a bit more reliable. I still carry my fob of course but I am now getting an instant message on my cell phone when I walk away from the car and it locks. It says that Phone as a Key and then another line of text that reads "your vehicle has been locked using the Walk Away Lock feature.

That just started happening today after the OTA finished installing