In descending order of sucktitude, describe how PAAK works for you.

• Total voters

Darauk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT PE, 2020 F-150, 2019 Altima
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
When I use PaaK, I have also gotten into the bad habit of forgetting to bring the house key with me. 😁
Sponsored

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
My wife uses it exclusively. Has yet to take the fob with her, and has never complained.

Scratch that - she complains that I "lock her out of the house". To which I reply, "Then bring a house key with you" :) If onlyPAAK worked on our front door...
The answer was posted before, but consider getting a "smart lock." I have one of the August smart locks on the door into my garage. The door automatically locks after 10 minutes (you can change the time), and it automatically unlocks when I arrive home. Wife and I use smart watches and can also unlock the door from the watch (whether by tapping or by voice command) just in case we're puttering about and get locked out without our phones on us.

If I didn't need to carry a key to my office at work, I'd consider ditching my keyring entirely and just to go pure PAAK. As it is, I've only done it once and while it felt cool, I was also worrying much of the time because of some of the horror stories I've read on here from a year or two ago. I'd guess it's much better now.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
The answer was posted before, but consider getting a "smart lock." I have one of the August smart locks on the door into my garage. The door automatically locks after 10 minutes (you can change the time), and it automatically unlocks when I arrive home. Wife and I use smart watches and can also unlock the door from the watch (whether by tapping or by voice command) just in case we're puttering about and get locked out without our phones on us.

If I didn't need to carry a key to my office at work, I'd consider ditching my keyring entirely and just to go pure PAAK. As it is, I've only done it once and while it felt cool, I was also worrying much of the time because of some of the horror stories I've read on here from a year or two ago. I'd guess it's much better now.
To be honest I was half-joking about wanting keyless entry for the house as well. I have a fairly automated house (cameras & light switches) but for some reason have never thought about it for the front door. Maybe it's time to have a look. Ditto for the garage.

Thanks!

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I just received 21B36 PAAK OTA two days ago. So far it has been a flawless PAAK experience since then. I was under the impression I already had that module update, so something must not have been applied fully. Hopefully it continues to be working this well. I’ll update my response after a few days of use.
I just got that same OTA update, but never really use PAAK, although I have it set up and sometimes it recognizes my phone when I walk by. So yesterday I needed to move the MME into the garage and had my phone with me, not the fob. No joy, did not work. Still flaky as ever.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
I'm enjoying using the key fob as there's no delay in unlocking the car (like there is on our Tesla with its PAAK). That said I did forget to take my key fob with me the other day and hadn't realized it until I got to the club for my morning workout (swim). Then it worked flawlessly.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I don’t see much of a difference since my last update, still about the same as a fob. There was a few times where it required a second push but basically as good as a fob. Happy with whatever changed to make it work for me.

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I wonder if anyone wants to change their vote after the last round of “updates” these past few weeks? Frustrating.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Well I now am regretting setting up PAAK with the Mach-E (again).

I tried PAAK last year with the Mach-E and it was such a PITA I did a master reset and never set it back up until about a week ago.

I set it up with My Lightning when the updates were pushed out to enable that for early builds that didn't get it from the factory. That was about a month and a half ago. I really just wanted to see if it worked like it was supposed to. And it worked as advertised. So from then on I'd carry the fob if I was using the Mach-E and my phone for the Lightning.

But I apparently had too many cups of coffee the other day or something and decided I'd set PAAK up again on my Mach-E since it seemed to be working well on the Lightning.

Well now when I initially walk up to either one at the house (like after an overnight) I have to use the door code to get in...cause neither one of them recognize my phone to unlock the doors....and then I have to hit the remote start button in FP when I'm in the seat (cause I get "No Key Detected")....and after it's started I just press the start button to drive off cause it figures out that the phone I'm carrying really is okay after all. What a drama queen.

And it works the other way around as well. Let's say I need to move the truck and car around to charge one or the other. I guess because they are parked next to each other only one of them can be connected to the phone at one time? (spitballing cause I don't know, but that's what I suspect) So I have to repeat the remote start FP (again, "No Key Detected") then hit the start button on whichever I'm moving to the other parking spot cause I guess you can't have a phone that connects to two Ford PAAK systems at the same time.

So I think I'm going to remove the PAAK from the Mach-E and go back to using a keyfob with that.

It would be nice if my car and my truck liked each other and were able to get along with my phone. But they don't.

COMachENoDecals

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, F-150, 330XI
Country flag
Hi there! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I can take a look into things on my end.
Thanks for Phil Long Ford and Ford Corporate I am back on the PAAK working again. Antenna's on the drivers side had to be replaced, which is actually pulling off pieces of the body because the computer wouldn't register an error with the equipment. The physical key in my pocket was blocking the PAAK from working. If I left the key inside PAAK worked, if I had either of the FOB's it would block it, but now I am working again.

HGxxx

First Name
Harish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion energi, mach e premium standard range
Country flag
PAAK sometimes the car recognizes the phones but door opens after multiple attempts or I have to use the door code. But walkaway lock works fine.

2022 premium awd

Google pixel 7
Sponsored