Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
And here it is:

GREAT review - a good balance of intro material and real opinion/driving experience. They were spot on with the charger selection - Ford needs to add filters to the NAV so you can set a minimum power level. That was the first thing I noticed when I sat in one and played with the NAV selecting routes/charging stations. I mapped a route I'd previously mapped out with ABRP, and it calculated a much slower route than it should have by selecting 50kw chargers instead of EA's 150kw.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
GREAT review - a good balance of intro material and real opinion/driving experience. They were spot on with the charger selection - Ford needs to add filters to the NAV so you can set a minimum power level. That was the first thing I noticed when I sat in one and played with the NAV selecting routes/charging stations. I mapped a route I'd previously mapped out with ABRP, and it calculated a much slower route than it should have by selecting 50kw chargers instead of EA's 150kw.
That sounds about right - the Mach-E looks like a hardware triumph but the software to back it up isn't quite there. Illogical route planning, no battery warmup en route to a charger, still no detail on what the FordPass Charging Network subscription actually gets us - for example does it get us Pass+ pricing at Electrify America or not? If not, why would I pay for it when the "free trial" runs out? So much on the "ecosystem" could use some upgrades.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
That sounds about right - the Mach-E looks like a hardware triumph but the software to back it up isn't quite there. Illogical route planning, no battery warmup en route to a charger, still no detail on what the FordPass Charging Network subscription actually gets us - for example does it get us Pass+ pricing at Electrify America or not? If not, why would I pay for it when the "free trial" runs out? So much on the "ecosystem" could use some upgrades.
What is your estimate to get the software "there"? One week? One month?

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
I like Matt’s reviews and this is a great review of the MME. However, I am really glad that Zach klapman was there to keep it real. Matt kept saying the suspension was a weak spot but Zach would point out it was good for comfort and daily driving and what most buyers would want. I think the GT will be more up Matt’s alley. And man the Porsche was rippin.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yeah, I'm curious to see the charging video to see what that was about.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I like Matt’s reviews and this is a great review of the MME. However, I am really glad that Zach klapman was there to keep it real. Matt kept saying the suspension was a weak spot but Zach would point out it was good for comfort and daily driving and what most buyers would want. I think the GT will be more up Matt’s alley. And man the Porsche was rippin.
+1 on the Porsche.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Thank you for posting this, I am really happy to see that when driven hard, the MME delivers.

I know not everyone cares about this sort of thing, but it is still supposed to be a Mustang and is a prime reason why I ordered this car.

Lots of reviewers focus on L3 charging speed and ease, but that just seems so tangential to me and likely many others who plan to L2 charge at home and use L3 charging a few times a year, if that.

Brisk driving of a Mustang, on the other hand, is something people can enjoy on a daily basis ?

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Yes, for me the MagneRide in the performance package will be a must, and I’m sure will address these concerns.
Sponsored