*checks order status of GT

?

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
wow they really pushed it on those roads. I guess that's why the expression "drive it like you stole were loaned it" exists.
Wonder how that impacted the calculated range.. and may feel sorry for the test driver following them and their range anxiety.

Reactions: ARK

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
"What is "surveillance capitalism"? I never heard of it. BTW, there are no Superchargers in Puerto Rico, yet there are over 100 Tesla models (S,X, and 3) so I wonder how they survive without a Supercharger. Oh, they do what I will do: charge at home!

My recommendations to all prospective EV buyers: Change your lifestyle to drive less, or change your choice and buy a hybrid. Making a longer range EV will cost you money, so if you don't take my recommendation, it will hit your wallet. And drive your EV as if there were no external charging stations at all (here in Puerto Rico there are fewer than ten).

I drive my Fusion Hybrid very carefully, and my gas tank (only 12 gallons) lasted from November 25th to January 16th (over 50 days).

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Wonder how that impacted the calculated range.. and may feel sorry for the test driver following them and their range anxiety.
they said they had a range video but I haven't gone to look for it yet.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
BTW, there are no Superchargers in Puerto Rico, yet there are over 100 Tesla models (S,X, and 3) so I wonder how they survive without a Supercharger.
If I lived on an island that was 100 miles from end to end, I wouldn't need any fast chargers either. ?

That's why BEVs are great for people living on islands. Or other geographic areas greatly limited by water or geopolitics that pretty much rule out drives beyond the range of the vehicle. A 100 mile road trip is easy.

A 1000 mile road trip is a whole different matter, of course.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
"What is "surveillance capitalism"? I never heard of it. BTW, there are no Superchargers in Puerto Rico, yet there are over 100 Tesla models (S,X, and 3) so I wonder how they survive without a Supercharger. Oh, they do what I will do: charge at home!

My recommendations to all prospective EV buyers: Change your lifestyle to drive less, or change your choice and buy a hybrid. Making a longer range EV will cost you money, so if you don't take my recommendation, it will hit your wallet. And drive your EV as if there were no external charging stations at all (here in Puerto Rico there are fewer than ten).

I drive my Fusion Hybrid very carefully, and my gas tank (only 12 gallons) lasted from November 25th to January 16th (over 50 days).
Surveillance capitalism: the unilateral claiming of private human experience as free raw material for translation into behavioral data.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/st...eillance-capitalism-is-undermining-democracy/

It goes along with the saying: "If You're Not Paying For It, You Become The Product"

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming soon: Mach-E premium ER RWD
Country flag

I don't see the need for LV3 (DCFC) in Puerto Rico as it is only 100 miles long by 35 miles wide, a round trip coast to coast could be done on a single charge (modern EV cars with 200+ miles standard range).
LV2 charging stations, OTOH, are always convenient, specially as destination charging stations.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
This was not my favorite review. But damned if it did not make me excited to get my car.
To me this was my favorite review, I'm a fan of Matt Farah and know what kind of vehicles he normally drives. So for him to like it I think that's a big selling point. He seemed to drive it hard and it responded well.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Range video is out now:

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag