cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
So if it was an actual order (assuming USA) the $500 deposit is paid to the dealer. If you look at the credit card transaction (assuming you paid by cc) it should show the name of the dealership.

The only deposit paid to Ford was with a reservation.
I've tried everything. I gave the dealership a copy of my bank transaction that clearly shows their name on it (after they claimed it was Ford who got the money). I gave them the Ford customer-service number (per the customer-service women I spoke to) so they can clarify things with Ford. I gave them an authorization code that my bank gave me, so that the dealership's finance people can track down the funds. I'm just going to call my bank on Monday and file a dispute to get the funds reversed back into my account. That should generate a callback from someone. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
jericho

jericho

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
c8, Red '21 FE Mach E (traded), '23 Red GT
Country flag
I've tried everything. I gave the dealership a copy of my bank transaction that clearly shows their name on it (after they claimed it was Ford who got the money). I gave them the Ford customer-service number (per the customer-service women I spoke to) so they can clarify things with Ford. I gave them an authorization code that my bank gave me, so that the dealership's finance people can track down the funds. I'm just going to call my bank on Monday and file a dispute to get the funds reversed back into my account. That should generate a callback from someone. :)
wow.. .this is way more screwed up than i expected. Thanks for posting this - it confirms that i would not get my money back if i placed another order with another dealer. so i'm not going to do that. God, i really don't want to have to order a Model Y to get an electric car - i really want Ford to succeed here, but why do we have to suffer...

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
wow.. .this is way more screwed up than i expected. Thanks for posting this - it confirms that i would not get my money back if i placed another order with another dealer. so i'm not going to do that. God, i really don't want to have to order a Model Y to get an electric car - i really want Ford to succeed here, but why do we have to suffer...
It's more like it confirmed you may not get your money back. I believe @cjljr41 is the only one to report something like this.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
A lot will depend on who the dealer is and which state you are in. The issue in this case seems to be a dealer who doesn't really want to sell the mach-e so they aren't motivated to actually learning and fixing the issue.

Some states have laws that basically make it so cancellation guarantees your deposit back.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Looks like it's time for one of the Teslarati to run another vlog or blog about how Ford is trying to kill the Mustang and how much better the Tesla ordering system is. Ford is really screwing the pooch here. I'm so glad may dealer hasn't screwed up as badly as many of yours have (yet).

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So Site Admin: the I-Pace forum has this page on problems with their cars:

Ford Mustang Mach-E The sorry tale of my order Screenshot 2020-07-24 20.43.13

Maybe to get Ford's attention we need a page for Ford Ordering Issues and Problems?

OP
OP
jericho

jericho

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So if it was an actual order (assuming USA) the $500 deposit is paid to the dealer. If you look at the credit card transaction (assuming you paid by cc) it should show the name of the dealership.

The only deposit paid to Ford was with a reservation.
mine shows up in my credit card as the dealership. :(

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
I am having a hard time following the sequence of your reservation and order problems.

I think you reserved from Ford a Select Model and then converted it to an order for a Select at a dealer you chose and made a $500 deposit on the order. Is this right ?

Now you wish to change the order from a Select Model to a Premium Model and the dealer states he is unable to make that change after the order is placed --- correct?

Suggest you call the Ford Help Line and find out from them if the dealer can make changes to this order after it has been placed with Ford.

If not, see if the dealer can cancel this order and then place a new order for the Premium Model. You may lose a couple of months on the delivery date, but it will be the Model you want now.

OP
OP
jericho

jericho

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Suggest you call the Ford Help Line and find out from them if the dealer can make changes to this order after it has been placed with Ford.

If not, see if the dealer can cancel this order and then place a new order for the Premium Model. You may lose a couple of months on the delivery date, but it will be the Model you want now.
hmm.. i may have been ranting, but then again... I called ford, they asked that my dealer do it (the helpline said they can, even left a voice mail with their GM with a directine to orderhelp), the dealer said they don't know how, and i should call ford - recursive function? you would not be frustrated with this?

If dealer doesn't know how to change the order, do you think they would know how to cancel my order? i think i would just be getting frustrated again.

if you are having good luck with your dealer, awesome! i'm not.

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
I had very similar experience with a Nissan Dealer when I pre-ordered a 2nd Gen Nissan Leaf which I never bought because I chose a Chevy Bolt while they were farting around. I honestly don't thing Ford Corporate has ironed out all the kinks in their processes and the dealer is as much in the dark as you are. This is a problem with our data driven society. Someone writes a program to consider possible situation but they don't anticipate all and then its a major pain to devise work around. For now, I wouldn't worry too much beyond commitment agreeing no ADM until it gets closer to September. Let others pilot the procedure and blaze the trail for you.

OP
OP
jericho

jericho

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OMG, guess what i got in my email today from the dealership.. no I DID NOT ORDER A BRONCO from them... sigh, this is what I have to deal with. note that i NEVER got such an email when the MachE was ordered.

Sent:
Monday, August 3, 2020 11:43 AM
To: XXXX
Subject:
Dan following up on your Ford Reservation

XXXX,

In regards to your Bronco order I will be staying in touch monthly till your reservation is moved to ordering and then I can let you know were your Bronco is in the build transport process. If there is anything I can do to make this an enjoyable process while waiting for your new car, just let me know.

Thanks for your Patience while Ford gets ready to building your Bronco

Your "Car Guy"

XXXXX

OP
OP
jericho

jericho

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
and the saga continues... after i sent mail saying "umm i ordered a Mach-E dude..." i asked if i can change my order to a Premium... look at the thread... gawd... this is pretty awful. (Read from bottom up)... well, at least they are now answering emails....*eye roll*

Sent:
Monday, August 3, 2020 4:32 PM
To: Dan
Subject:
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Dan following up on your Ford Reservation

When I order online – Ford takes $500.

If I do another order, I will be out another 500$.

The first order is now confirmed, and the credit card charge says “Ford of XXXX”.

I also called Ford’s helpline – they claim you can change the order to the premium sku, they even said they left a voice mail for your GM.

I’m wondering why you guys are so ill-informed about the process? Don’t you want to sell me the right car?

Sent:
Monday, August 3, 2020 3:58 PM
To: Jerry
Subject:

Jerry,

I know that if the vehicle is not picked up then the deposit is returned. Again this is new and I'm not sure were the money is and who is in control but as our dealer agreement with Ford my guess is we will be handling this refunding,,, On were it is in line placing a new order reservation is $100 refundable until it turns into an order. I was told it is limited to 2 orders per household in the beginning.

I will keep in touch over the course of the next few days on what we can do for you on changing the 1st one but as a back up why not put in a second one so you get the Premium as you want.

Dan

Sent:
Monday, August 3, 2020 3:41 PM
Subject:
RE: RE: RE: RE: Dan following up on your Ford Reservation

If I make another order, how do I get the 500$ back on the original order? Also, I think I loose my place in line – no?

Sent:
Monday, August 3, 2020 3:30 PM
Subject:

Jerry,

I spoke with my fleet manager Steve and he mentioned that the Ford order process is a bit different on the Mach e orders and he will try to make a change.

He mentioned the other option you have is to put in a new reservation for what you want in a premium. If you do not want the Standard one you ordered, we can sell to someone else.

Your "Car Guy"

Dan

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
and the saga continues... after i sent mail saying "umm i ordered a Mach-E dude..." i asked if i can change my order to a Premium... look at the thread... gawd... this is pretty awful. (Read from bottom up)... well, at least they are now answering emails....*eye roll*

Sent:
Subject:

The first order is now confirmed, and the credit card charge says “Ford of XXXX”.

I also called Ford’s helpline – they claim you can change the order to the premium sku, they even said they left a voice mail for your GM.

I’m wondering why you guys are so ill-informed about the process? Don’t you want to sell me the right car?

Sent:
Subject:

Jerry,

I know that if the vehicle is not picked up then the deposit is returned. Again this is new and I'm not sure were the money is and who is in control but as our dealer agreement with Ford my guess is we will be handling this refunding,,, On were it is in line placing a new order reservation is $100 refundable until it turns into an order. I was told it is limited to 2 orders per household in the beginning.

I will keep in touch over the course of the next few days on what we can do for you on changing the 1st one but as a back up why not put in a second one so you get the Premium as you want.

Dan

Sent:
Subject:

If I make another order, how do I get the 500$ back on the original order? Also, I think I loose my place in line – no?

Sent:
Subject:

Jerry,

I spoke with my fleet manager Steve and he mentioned that the Ford order process is a bit different on the Mach e orders and he will try to make a change.

He mentioned the other option you have is to put in a new reservation for what you want in a premium. If you do not want the Standard one you ordered, we can sell to someone else.

Your "Car Guy"

Dan
My understanding is that every dealer qualified to sell Mach-E is supposed to have one or more individuals specially trained to handle this. My dealer has two such sales people (one on fleet, one in general/Internet sales), and also their manager.

I strongly recommend contacting the general sales manager to get your 'deal' rerouted to the correct salesperson. It sounds like your order got picked up by whoever was next in queue on their sales team.

Let us know what happens next! :)

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag

Sent:
Subject:

Sent:
Subject:

Jerry,

Dan

Sent:
Subject:

Sent:
Subject:

Jerry,

Your "Car Guy"

Dan
I had a similar experience. Had to place a second order; no guarantees I didn't lose my place in line with my 12/31/19 reservation; still haven't gotten my deposit back on the first order...

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 AWD LR
Country flag
You guys are more easy going than me. I would have done a charge back on my Credit Card by this point and moved on. I give places a few chances to do it, but once I start getting the run around. Charge back. Always gotten my money back. Most of the time, they still don't respond to the chargeback request and it goes along without any input. Other times, they magically find the time to actually handle your request. Amazing how that works.

Either way - I sure the heck wouldn't be dropping 50-60k with a place that can't figure out something as basic as this.
Sponsored