The Super Poll - What Software Enhancements Do You Want Most?

The Super Poll - What Software Enhancements Do You Want Most?

• Total voters

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
So back in April 2021, we conducted a poll of what enhancements you are most interested in. Nearly 200 of you voted, and the results were very interesting. Since that time, @Ford Motor Company has given us a few from the list (and a few that weren't - tic-tac-toe OMG SMDH LOL). A few other ideas have also been bandied about, so I figured it's time to start a new poll. There are thirty choices. Many of these are from the last poll, but I have dropped the choices that didn't register at least 10% during the last go-round. And I've added other requests (some strong contenders, btw).

Now here's the rub: You get to pick up to FIFTEEN. Why don't you get to pick more? Because the purpose of this exercise is to figure out the stuff that most people care most about. That's why. And I'm including BlueCruise and FordPass frunk opening even though Ford already sez they're on the way, because we might as well see how much people really prioritize those. Now get voting and make your voice heard! I have no doubt these results will be on Jim Farley's desk pronto.

Btw, the three choices from the last poll that Ford has now given us....
- Expand DCFC cliff beyond 80% (improved on new builds and for older builds with 21P22 update - 45% of poll respondents asked for this)
- Make charging curve much more consistent (improved on new builds and for older builds with 21P22 update - 21% of poll respondents asked for this)
- One tap access from home screen to engage calm screen (6% of poll respondents asked for this)

PROGRESS!
Sponsored

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
Can I suggest a few to add to list?:

-Ability to adjust Amps draw from Mach E when charging, so people can a the ability to use a wider number of outlets (im sure limiting draw to 24amps so one can use a 30amp outlet would be a popular one). Tesla and other EVs have this ability.

-A button for one pedal driving that is accessible screen at all times. I like one pedal drive mode but would also just like to be able to quickly turn it off if i am coasting down a hill and then turn it back on. Or alternatively a way to quickly change the level of regen breaking.

-For Android Auto Users - ability to full screen just like you can on Apple Carplay! I think thats what you mean buy portrait mode up there but Carplay already does it.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Please leave other suggestions in this thread and we’ll add them to a subsequent poll. So far the results are interesting but I’m hoping to get north of 200 votes.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Sentry mode and its not even close. That is such an incredibly useful feature.
What's the incredible use? Is sentry mode mainly for people who live or park in bad neighborhoods?

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What's the incredible use? Is sentry mode mainly for people who live or park in bad neighborhoods?
So I’ll give you a very small, not so serious example. About once a week, I park my car at some free public chargers downtown near my office while I’m working. I stay plugged in all day because I literally don’t plug in until I’m down to 10-20%. On three different occasions, some random DB has come along and unplugged me. Maybe it’s some rando homeless person, or maybe not. I wouldn’t mind at least having a look.

Chicago-E

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE Iconic Silver, 2021 GTPE Space White
Occupation
Generator Technician
Country flag
So I’ll give you a very small, not so serious example. About once a week, I park my car at some free public chargers downtown near my office while I’m working. I stay plugged in all day because I literally don’t plug in until I’m down to 10-20%. On three different occasions, some random DB has come along and unplugged me. Maybe it’s some rando homeless person, or maybe not. I wouldn’t mind at least having a look.
Terrible gameplan to not charge daily to 85-90%. Imagine needing to make an emergency trip and having only 10-20% charge. It'll probably take one bad experience for this habit to die.

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
I'd love to see:
- Pet mode since my GT refuses to turn off interior motion sensors and my dog sets off the alarm whenever I need to leave my dog in the car to use the restroom. Extremely annoying and obnoxious to other EV owners at the charge stations during road trips.
- the 80% charge taper in my GT fixed to 90% ASAP. This will make road trips so much better.
- Portrait mode for android auto
- The main screen not crashing every other day after using remote start
- The rear doors opening every single time on the first try
- The horn not honking if I get out of the car and leave it on... why does the horn honk if I'm still less than 3 feet away from the car? DUMB. Maybe I just need to get into the trunk or frunk real quick. DUMB DUMB DUMB and extremely annoying to those around me.
- Being able to change the back up truck chime to something cooler... like the tesla UFO hum.
- More than 5 seconds of full acceleration power in the GT? How about at least 10 seconds?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Please leave other suggestions in this thread and we’ll add them to a subsequent poll. So far the results are interesting but I’m hoping to get north of 200 votes.
Some of these things already exist for some (like frunk button in FordPass app and Bluecruise for anything built after July).

That said, I really only want 1 thing and would sacrifice EVERYTHING on that list to get it.

More than 5 seconds of full power!!

PCJohnD

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jdickinson.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Can I suggest a few to add to list?:

-Ability to adjust Amps draw from Mach E when charging, so people can a the ability to use a wider number of outlets (im sure limiting draw to 24amps so one can use a 30amp outlet would be a popular one). Tesla and other EVs have this ability.

-A button for one pedal driving that is accessible screen at all times. I like one pedal drive mode but would also just like to be able to quickly turn it off if i am coasting down a hill and then turn it back on. Or alternatively a way to quickly change the level of regen breaking.

-For Android Auto Users - ability to full screen just like you can on Apple Carplay! I think thats what you mean buy portrait mode up there but Carplay already does it.
I’d like to see short-cut buttons that the driver can define and add to the bottom tray of the screen

Tangible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting for my Mach E
Country flag
Is there a way to vote "No" on a feature to reduce its score? I'm referring to making the current volume knob perform other tasks such as fan speed.

My preference is for each UI element to do one thing only. Anything else leads to slower ease of learning and lesser ease of use. A user, and especially a driver, should not have to think about what mode they're in before taking an action.

I am very much in favor of more physical controls, in well-differentiated shapes and sizes to encourage eyes-free use. In fact, the only functions that should be touch-screen-only are those that aren't used while driving.