The Super Poll - What Software Enhancements Do You Want Most?

The Super Poll - What Software Enhancements Do You Want Most?

• Total voters

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
Yes, but not really enough to be useful as “security cameras”. As I said - hop in the car, turn on the 360 view, and have a friend approach the car from various angles. You’ll see what I mean. The Tesla B-pillar cameras are much better suited to this purpose.
Except Tesla doesn't use the B Pillar camera for sentry mode, they use the repeater cameras that are mounted in the turn signals on the fenders behind the front wheels. But yes they are aimed much higher than the parking cameras.

This probably illustrates exactly why, even with all the cameras, the Tesla doesn't offer a 360 camera view.
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Except Tesla doesn't use the B Pillar camera for sentry mode, they use the repeater cameras that are mounted in the turn signals on the fenders behind the front wheels. But yes they are aimed much higher than the parking cameras.

This probably illustrates exactly why, even with all the cameras, the Tesla doesn't offer a 360 camera view.
I did not know that. I thought they used the an pillar cameras.

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
1) allow user to choose chirp sound (instead of horn) for lock confirmation, key left in car, and car still running.

2) allow buttons on remote to have customizable actions for single click, double click, and hold for five sec.
2a) I want to use horn+lights button for something useful
2b) remote start would be a good candidate
2c) open funk would be another

trenz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium
Country flag
allow to add customized actions to main/top view , e.g, open trunk, fold mirrors, turn on cameras

Larva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT PE
Country flag
The poll indicates that portrait mode was achieved for both CarPlay and Android Auto. It appears true for CarPlay. I have an android and it does not go into portrait mode. Is the poll wrong or is there some setting in the car or on my phone I'm not aware of?
The Super Poll needs to be modified to separate CarPlay and Android Auto!

Graction

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Mach-e GT
Country flag
Other items:
  1. Improve performance of Sync 4/touchscreen especially on startup. It takes a good minute before it will respond sufficiently. Also voice commands don't work for a while after startup.
  2. Customizable driving modes - throttle, brake, steering sensitivity.
  3. External firing propulsion sound! Including broken/missing muffler option :D
  4. I second these items from others: pinning short-cuts to main screen, setting ad-hoc one time departure time, changing lock sound to chirp, disable horn honk when stepping away from vehicle - or make it a chirp.

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
I would pay $$ money for a HW or SW solution to get a chirp instead of honk for locking and car left on sounds.
Sponsored