The Super Poll - What Software Enhancements Do You Want Most?

The Super Poll - What Software Enhancements Do You Want Most?

• Total voters

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
It's my understanding that remote start only alters cabin temperature, not the battery.
My bad. When speaking of “preconditioning”, I thought people meant bringing the cabin to a comfortable temp. I never thought there was a need to worry about the battery before driving.
Sponsored

bp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME eAWD, 21 MME CA Route 1 (sold)
Country flag
Rather than Portrait mode Android Auto, I'd prefer they increase (or enable an option to toggle) the set DPI the infotainment system reports so that Split Screen Android auto gets enabled.

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I’ve been over this many times ?
Search is your friend ?
Here’s one link to get you started ?
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/image-processor-update.11683/post-289389
I'm not convinced that Ford could not provide a sentry mode-like capability. Cameras are cameras. Sure, what you see is a "synthetic" view, but that is probably done in post-processing. Unless they have specialized lenses, they should be able to record a standard view. Ford could still allow recording from the cameras with a standard (non-distorted) perspective.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I'm not convinced that Ford could not provide a sentry mode-like capability. Cameras are cameras. Sure, what you see is a "synthetic" view, but that is probably done in post-processing. Unless they have specialized lenses, they should be able to record a standard view. Ford could still allow recording from the cameras with a standard (non-distorted) perspective.
Wouldn’t the view be of peoples feet though?

Not sure they would put out an APB for the “human in the white sneakers.”

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Maybe it's been covered but in 360 camera mode combine the proximity way and camera view to one mode.

JackMach-DET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
Can I suggest a few to add to list?:

-Ability to adjust Amps draw from Mach E when charging, so people can a the ability to use a wider number of outlets (im sure limiting draw to 24amps so one can use a 30amp outlet would be a popular one). Tesla and other EVs have this ability.

-A button for one pedal driving that is accessible screen at all times. I like one pedal drive mode but would also just like to be able to quickly turn it off if i am coasting down a hill and then turn it back on. Or alternatively a way to quickly change the level of regen breaking.

-For Android Auto Users - ability to full screen just like you can on Apple Carplay! I think thats what you mean buy portrait mode up there but Carplay already does it.
How often do you use one peddle driving? I use it all the time driving around town and on the highway but I'm not sure if it is intended for everyday use like that. Also, does the MME maximize regen going downhill with one pedal drive turned off?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I would really like to see all Settings 'stick' where you set them, including Driver Assist settings you may want to turn OFF. I find the occasional beep and red flashing light on dash distracting as well as alarming for passengers in response to situations I've already seen and adjusted for.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
-A button for one pedal driving that is accessible screen at all times. I like one pedal drive mode but would also just like to be able to quickly turn it off if i am coasting down a hill and then turn it back on. Or alternatively a way to quickly change the level of regen breaking.

rather than turn 1-p off and back on.... try turning cruise control on. This will maintain your speed with regen braking as needed without speeding up in neutral and flipping back to 1-p to slow down.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Sigh.
The cameras look DOWN for PARKING. They do not look OUT like Tesla cameras do for driving. You can verify this yourself by physically looking at how the cameras are oriented (the ones in the mirrors literally point down at the ground and the ones in the nose and tail are oriented downward. The only camera that faces outward is the forward-facing camera behind the rear-view mirror). Also, as I’ve previously said, you can confirm the synthetic view can’t show you people approaching your car by simply turning on the 360 view and having someone try to approach the car from different angles. You won’t see them. At most you’ll see their feet and lower legs when they get close.
Sentry mode for Tesla is a freebie because they have to have outward looking cameras all over their cars as ADAS sensors.
I’ve explained this so many times, I should ask the moderator to make it a sticky ?‍?

Dylancch

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
They need to make the (L) button on the gear selector customisable
Open camera
Change drive mode
Preheat battery for dc charge
You get the idea, make the button user customizable

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
They need to make the (L) button on the gear selector customisable
Open camera
Change drive mode
Preheat battery for dc charge
You get the idea, make the button user customizable
? this!!

I'd also suggest customizable options for single and double click on the L button and on the parking assist button.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Here is a nice list Ford for your software enhancements that the customers are interested in having after real world driving. Hope you put these on your sprint list.

jetermeyer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX 300H, Acura TLX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Here is a nice list Ford for your software enhancements that the customers are interested in having after real world driving. Hope you put these on your sprint list.
I'd like the rear hatch and frunk buttons to be able to put on the main screen. I'd be willing to just have the rear hatch if I can only get one.

I have to say after being in software development for 40 years, this list does not surprise me and that fact that not one item is a huge winner is not a surprise. Nor that we will get a lot more suggestions. So when people want Ford to respond to their suggestions not to mention any bugs we have not talked about it is a long list and not easy to satisfy everyone. Also, if they did and asked the question again, they get another long list. The beauty of software never ending requirements. One of the reasons I bought the Mach E was to have the ability to get some changes after I owned the car. Ford hasn't quite lived up to that yet but I'm still hopeful.

jetermeyer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX 300H, Acura TLX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'd like the rear hatch and frunk buttons to be able to put on the main screen. I'd be willing to just have the rear hatch if I can only get one.

I have to say after being in software development for 40 years, this list does not surprise me and that fact that not one item is a huge winner is not a surprise. Nor that we will get a lot more suggestions. So when people want Ford to respond to their suggestions not to mention any bugs we have not talked about it is a long list and not easy to satisfy everyone. Also, if they did and asked the question again, they get another long list. The beauty of software never ending requirements. One of the reasons I bought the Mach E was to have the ability to get some changes after I owned the car. Ford hasn't quite lived up to that yet but I'm still hopeful.
I'd also like the ability to set the backup start code without having to use PAAK.
Sponsored